Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Adjudicator

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    OMG this so much!
    Yes marvel seems to be the house of gimmicks. Get the sales pop move on to the next gimmick. Like I said before. It feels the are looking on social media for the next hot button topic , then they start throwing darts to decide what characters to change to fit the new popular idea out there.

I am tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    The more Alonso says, the less interested I am in whatever comes after Secret Wars.

I just want to read the characters I like reading about, but constantly have to have it worked around the next big thing Marvel's doing, or have those characters run into the ground because someone thought of a new, nonsensical direction to take them in, or have a lack of marketing so it only lasts 8-12 issues anyways, even if I do like it.

It's hard being a Marvel fan when characters you want to enjoy are caught in a wave of gimmicks, mediocrity and lack of support.
    You're not alone, my friend.

Marvel creative summit = awful events...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ultimate Member

The more Alonso says, the less interested I am in whatever comes after Secret Wars.

I just want to read the characters I like reading about, but constantly have to have it worked around the next big thing Marvel's doing, or have those characters run into the ground because someone thought of a new, nonsensical direction to take them in, or have a lack of marketing so it only lasts 8-12 issues anyways, even if I do like it.

It's hard being a Marvel fan when characters you want to enjoy are caught in a wave of gimmicks, mediocrity and lack of support.
    Quoted in agreement.

I'm glad there are people who agree. I just can't help but think back to every time someone at Marvel has said something like "change is coming"or "it'll be a different take" and have been let down. It's just never boded well for characters and titles I've liked or looked forward to.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Count me in as someone who's very excited about SW and whatever changes lie beyond it. I'm chomping at the bit to finally start digging into the main series and everything around it.
    So what's going to happen to Sabertooth? See, this is the problem I'm having with whatever Marvel is doing. it all seems so vague and confusing. Are they rebooting, replacing characters, is this no longer the world outside my window? On the one hand, I'm wondering if books like "mrs. Deadpool", and Squadron Sinister" will be continuing after this because those are the titles I'm interested in. I don't know what purpose this whole event is supposed to serve.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I'm glad there are people who agree. I just can't help but think back to every time someone at Marvel has said something like "change is coming"or "it'll be a different take" and have been let down. It's just never boded well for characters and titles I've liked or looked forward to.
    I've been lurking the past few days, and I've been really really thinking I was alone. So I wanted to see the new avengers line up *bleh* and then saw: Booby Drake incoming homosexual. Terrible really, the entirety of that fiasco. I'm seriously thinking that when "time runs out", I'm gonna walk away, for a long time. I'm not salty at these changes, I'm just disgusted at the seeming disconnect with people like me. I'm glad you said something, cause now I have hope that I'm a part of the "Silent Majority" who are just cowed into saying nothing.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It's a reboot that will never get the title reboot since that would cause people to go on nerd rage tirades.

So basically we are getting a new a la carte universe where Marvel has picked their favorite interpretations of the characters and then mashing them together on a new Earth.

It isn't that different than what happened with the New 52. The only difference is that some people's favorite version of the characters existed only in the writer's head (Supes, Wonder Woman) while others existed in comic form (Bats, Lanterns).

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I've been lurking the past few days, and I've been really really thinking I was alone. So I wanted to see the new avengers line up *bleh* and then saw: Booby Drake incoming homosexual. Terrible really, the entirety of that fiasco. I'm seriously thinking that when "time runs out", I'm gonna walk away, for a long time. I'm not salty at these changes, I'm just disgusted at the seeming disconnect with people like me. I'm glad you said something, cause now I have hope that I'm a part of the "Silent Majority" who are just cowed into saying nothing.
    I feel like many are shamed into staying silent and I hate that. Criticizing ideas or directions you don't like whether it be by writers or other posters shouldn't make it okay for others to accuse you of being "closed minded" or "unwilling to accept new ideas", which I feel is an incredibly weak defense in order to shut down conversation.

Sometimes it's as simple as finding the direction unappealing enough to voice your concern and that's it.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

The more I hear, the more excited I get about all of this. Secret Wars, post-Secret Wars, everything. What it sounds like is they're rebooting the way the universe works, but keeping the characters within that universe the same as they've always been. And the characters are the reason I read these books, so it all sounds great to me.

I quit Marvel's 616 titles after One More Day, then quit the Ultimate titles after they killed of Peter Parker in favor of the utterly uninteresting Miles Morales. Nothing I've read about them and no comics I've looked through in the stores since then makes me think I made a bad decision.
    I still love Marvel's characters, but they can't handle allowing characters to grow. They keep killing them off, replacing them, rebooting them...why not allow them to grow as people and handle the consequences of that instead of the constant reshuffling?

Tell me about it. Between Marvel's sudden obsession with pandering to PC, the tumblr crowd and forcing things to resemble the movies as much as possible, the quality of the comics has really gone down in the past few years.

What else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    I quit Marvel's 616 titles after One More Day, then quit the Ultimate titles after they killed of Peter Parker in favor of the utterly uninteresting Miles Morales. Nothing I've read about them and no comics I've looked through in the stores since then makes me think I made a bad decision.
    I still love Marvel's characters, but they can't handle allowing characters to grow. They keep killing them off, replacing them, rebooting them...why not allow them to grow as people and handle the consequences of that instead of the constant reshuffling?
    Sounds like you read too many comics about A-List characters.
    "Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    Except we can't read much about b through d list anymore...

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    Whatever.
    Its not like that's a strong indictment. Its reasonable to read the A-listers really, as reasonably those would be the books that demand the most A-list talent if nothing else. A-listers drive the business that's why this whole nonsense of "Removing A-listers, with B-team guys happened, its the only way to make the whole reader base deal with ridiculous forced diversity issues.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.