Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I give it 5 years.
    And even then it won't be a 100% exact copy of how it was, just how now is not a 100% exact copy of the early 2000's and the early 2000's wasn't an exact copy of the 90's and so and so all they way back to the beginning....

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

As for Miles importance ... I hope he's not talking about the Hickman event. That will be beyond disappointing.
    This! Hickman has been building a thing, very carefully over the last two years, and I would hate for that to get sidelined to advertize the characters that are going to be on Waid's avengers team. I don't mind Miles being around or anything, he's a great character, but I am more anxious to get closure on the hundred some character arcs going on in Avengers/New Avengers. I have to just trust Hickman, he didn't disappoint with Infinity.

Edit: Actually Bendis answered this in an interview not that long ago. Apparently Miles was always in Hickman's gameplan which is curious but interesting. As long as I am not forced to read ultimate end I will be happy.
    Last edited by Agent John Bishop; 04-23-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'm reading Silver Surfer (B list), Iron Fist (C list), and Spider-Gwen (D list), so... yes. You can read those types of characters. You just have to assume that the book won't last that long. Personally, I don't mind because then I get to go buy some other book. (But I keep myself to a low number of comics per month.)

There is character growth in Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, and Spider-Gwen, so... no. Character growth isn't non-existent. You just have to know where to look if you don't care for "the illusion of change" - which personally, I don't even really mind.

Change is a constant, people. Sometimes you like the change and sometimes you don't. You'd think that, being comic book fans, you'd realize that often the change comes full circle (even without complaining from fans!).
    I guess I should have specified that there has been very little character-growth for the one character I'm interested in. I'm not interested in Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, Spider-Gwen. And I don't want to commit myself to more characters because it doesn't matter how many characters I like, Marvel will never provide me with a decent character arc with closure...
    I need to go back to reading manga, open-ended stories are really not my thing.I need a beginning and an end.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Every time a publisher tries to push a B or lower list, it winds up failing. Look at Storm, Iron Patriot, Vibe, Katana, Blue Beetle, She-Hulk, Scarlet Spider, Venom, Loki, etc. They all had a lot of potential but most wound up not finding a big enough audience to justify a monthly title. The buying audience rewards A-list characters, people who keep A-list mantles warm and teams composed of mostly A-list characters and/or people who keep A-list mantles warm.
    Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel has become more popular in one year than Carol's Ms. Marvel ever was in over 20. And Ms. Marvel was never once "A-list" in all of the name's existence.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I guess I should have specified that there has been very little character-growth for the one character I'm interested in. I'm not interested in Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, Spider-Gwen. And I don't want to commit myself to more characters because it doesn't matter how many characters I like, Marvel will never provide me with a decent character arc with closure...
    I need to go back to reading manga, open-ended stories are really not my thing.I need a beginning and an end.
    I don't understand how lack of a closure is a flaw, to me it's more of a good thing, characters are fictional people, and just like real people, they will always face new problems in their lives, there is no "completelly happy ending" because such a thing is not real.
    "Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

Marvel has absolutely no clue of what their fans wants. It's incredible.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'll just watch and wait. All kinds of hype and such so the proof will be in the product itself.

If I can still recognize 1-3 characters I enjoy and afford the cover price, I'll try. If not, well perhaps there will be a Star Wars series for me eventually.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Fantastic Member

As always, open to being entertained.

And hopefully, to more Thanos stories, along the way.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, I guess I'll just save up my money to buy Marvel Masterworks so I can enjoy favorite stories from the past, because it looks like the future is going to be pure ****.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, I guess I'll just save up my money to buy Marvel Masterworks so I can enjoy favorite stories from the past, because it looks like the future is going to be pure ****.
    We have NO IDEA what the future is going to look like.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

and if this doesn't work we can always bring back the original universe and sell millions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Marvel has absolutely no clue of what their fans wants. It's incredible.
    I have to disagree, I may not like what they are putting out right now but as far sales go they know what sells.

Where did you get that quote you've got in your Thread heading?

The Alonso interview was nothing new, but the heading was more interesting because it supposes a complete change, which nothing in the interview suggests at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah 've been buying Epics in preparation for a long drought. They were starting to lose me as books creep up to $4.99. Blow up the universe I have invested 30 years reading? As good a jumping off point as there could be.

I'll probably buy a Marvel Unlimited for a month every year or so to check in, when things settle down we will see....