Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Between Disney and Sony: Which would you trust to do a Spider-girl animated movie ?

Given the recent Spider-man movie news, I thought it would be interesting to ask which would you prefer if Spider-girl gotten the animated movie treatment ?

Which would be better for her in the long term: Disney or Sony ?

Just for reference, here's my previous time I spoke of this: http://community.comicbookresources....a-Disney-touch

Disney's the obvious answer given their success at animated films with female protagonists.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Disney.

The have a quality stable of talent on their animation side, which has improved in recent years.

Sony's no slouch mind you, but I don't see any reason to doubt Disney's ability to make a good Spider-man animated film and heaven knows they'd crush on marketing and merchandise.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Disney might make Spider-Girl a lame sitcom

just whoever wants to do a top notch story. Unfortunately, I have a suspicion that it would be divorced from the Mayday Parker version. You "might" get Anya Corazon, you "might" get "Petra Parker"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    just whoever wants to do a top notch story. Unfortunately, I have a suspicion that it would be divorced from the Mayday Parker version. You "might" get Anya Corazon, you "might" get "Petra Parker"
    A better version is a Spider-Girl whose the daughter of Spider-Man and The Black Widow. That version would sell very well...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A better version is a Spider-Girl whose the daughter of Spider-Man and The Black Widow. That version would sell very well...
    How would this completely hypothetical and nonexistent character be better than the established Mayday, Anya, or Petra?

I would trust Disney. If you're thinking of a theatrical release, I doubt they'd go with the team working on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, who would be more likely to do a made-for-television film. WDAS could do something closer to Big Hero 6, which would suit Spider-Girl.

Big Hero 6 was a fantastic superhero animated film, and Disney's Frozen was a fantastic story with a female lead about the bond and love between two sisters. I'd vote for Disney.

iMan 42s

http://marvel.wikia.com/Galina_Tsarfin_(Earth-1078)

Are you referring to her? Because I haven't seen any of her despite the wiki page. Like at all. And how would that sell very well? Mayday and Anya already have the built in audience and the fame to pull this sort of project off rather than an unknown like this thing would. It would be too big a risk of an investment for a character that hasn't proved in the past or at all in selling ever.

My vote goes to Disney though they probably would want to use the spiderverse version of Mayday (insert your own dead parent joke here). I joke but I can see this working with May or Anya.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The MCU version of Peter Parker is supposed to be about a guy in high school. That's also been the case with the last two animated series. So the age difference will be one of many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Galina_Tsarfin_(Earth-1078)

Are you referring to her? Because I haven't seen any of her despite the wiki page. Like at all. And how would that sell very well? Mayday and Anya already have the built in audience and the fame to pull this sort of project off rather than an unknown like this thing would. It would be too big a risk of an investment for a character that hasn't proved in the past or at all in selling ever.

My vote goes to Disney though they probably would want to use the spiderverse version of Mayday (insert your own dead parent joke here). I joke but I can see this working with May or Anya.
    If I recall, the Marvel Millennial edition was basically a series of splash pages and text about alternate reality versions of characters. Which explains why we haven't seen more of the character. There's probably just that one Amanda Connors image.

Mayday Parker would be the most likely adaptation for a few reasons. There's more source material. And she had a fairly normal upbringing, with Peter retired as Spider-Man and MJ having a regular middle-class career.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The MCU version of Peter Parker is supposed to be about a guy in high school. That's also been the case with the last two animated series. So the age difference will be one of many issues.
    This. We're not going to see a relationship between Peter and Natasha in the movies unless you want to cross into some extremely gross territory.

If I recall, the Marvel Millennial edition was basically a series of splash pages and text about alternate reality versions of characters. Which explains why we haven't seen more of the character. There's probably just that one Amanda Connors image.
    There might be a couple extra pages or two about Galina in that, but given how she's impregnated using Peter's DNA, wouldn't she beviewed, at least by the scientists, as a mate for Peter? If anything, that makes the idea of her as Peter's daughter with Natasha qualify as incest.
    Last edited by Phantom Roxas; 04-23-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Mighty Member

I'd say Anya'd be better suited to Disney animation use. Mayday's an either or situation.

of course under the assumption of disney's A team animators.

Spider-Girl. Spider-Girl.

She's a New York Disney Princess.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Disney for sure.
    Big Hero Six quality please

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Come on, Mayday Parker version of Spider-girl is the PERFECT ideal way to showcase Spider-man history for new comers, but also for adults with kids of their own. How could Disney try to Pass something like that up, outside film rights, given their history ?