Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Disney should do an animated version of Mayday Parker (Just an MC2 Universe film) with Anya Corazon as a close friend or an old mentor to her.

Sony. Sony very obviously understands what Spider-Man is all about; As demonstrated by (B)ASM*1&2

*-(Barely) Adequate Spider-Man.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Is this even a debate? Sony struggled to make Peter Parker Spider-Man work correctly. If they couldn't get the most mainstream, easily marketable version of this character to play then I can't imagine there's much hope for a deeper cut character like Spider-Girl. After Disney's success with Big Hero 6? Disney stomps.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Disney should do an animated version of Mayday Parker (Just an MC2 Universe film) with Anya Corazon as a close friend or an old mentor to her.

Yeees, I'd love that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That would be an interesting sight to see. Especially if they could incorporate some parts of her comic's history as well as her connections/team-ups with Peter.

BANNED

Given the Into the SPider-verse film and it success: Maybe it's time to bring this topic up again... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given the Into the SPider-verse film and it success: Maybe it's time to bring this topic up again... ?
    k sony might as well do it. I dont think Marvel has any interest in animated movies anyway

I think Sony is more likely to make a Spider-girl movie about Mayday, the daughter of Spider-man. Disney is obsessed with branding Spider-man as their teenage hero so the wouldn’t want to portray him as a father or an older/married man.

Mighty Member

Sony has a decent animation record when it comes to Spider-Man... Disney/Marvel.... I'm not sure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Sony has a decent animation record when it comes to Spider-Man... Disney/Marvel.... I'm not sure

You might want to read this and see how controlling Sony can be...https://deadline.com/2018/12/sony-ge...ch-1202518373/

Disney for sure. It may start as a movie... but then Disney is likely to turn it into an animated series and actually promoting the character. Ala Tangled and Big Hero Six.... Sony?? Lucky to get a decent movie, and then nothing. Disney has the outlets to really explore it, and they love their young female protagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I think Sony is more likely to make a Spider-girl movie about Mayday, the daughter of Spider-man. Disney is obsessed with branding Spider-man as their teenage hero so the wouldn’t want to portray him as a father or an older/married man.
    I am really bummed it doesn't seem like Mayday will be in the Spider-Women movie, although maybe she'll be in the Spider-Verse sequel.

(But I think the problem with Mayday has always been her existence highlight a status quo that hasn't been in vogue for Spider-Man in a long while).

might as well roll with Sony for now, I guess, since they're willing to put up the money.

All-New Member

I trust Disney to make ANY tv show or movie better than just about anything Sony gets their hands on that isn't a video game.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I don't see them casting Mayday as a lead. They want to milk young Spider-Man.

Anya could serve as a lead and be sold pretty well under a good director and they tie her new origins closer to Peter and Miles.