Page 192 of 200 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2993

https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine/st...05584118968320

So, Orm is a king. And Vulko mentors Arthur secretly.

Don't know if you guys have read the article yet but these are some of my favorite tidbits:

"Momoa worries he came off 'too grumpy' in League."

"There's also a human mercenary who takes on the name Black Manta, plus battle scenes with Atlanteans riding sharks and sea dragons, and one unnerving sequence featuring subterranean cannibals that will remind Wan fans of his horror roots."

"The most striking elements are the film's wildly fantastical underwater world (don't tell anyone, but Wan considers Aquaman a fantasy film, not a superhero movie) and a tone that's an upbeat shift from the grimness of Snyder's DC films."

"There's a lot of humor, mostly from Momoa showcasing his boisterous real-life personality that's unlike his glowering tough-guy roles."

Wan is directly asked if Arthur will don the orange and green but he pretty much ducks the questions. Says Momoa wears "a suit" but is referring to his birthday suit and just says he's shirtless a lot lol. And I feel like the cannibals are the Trench.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 06-15-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine/st...05584118968320

So, Orm is a king. And Vulko mentors Arthur secretly.
    I wonder if they'll change Black Manta's real name in the comics to match "David Kane?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    "There's also a human mercenary who takes on the name Black Manta, plus battle scenes with Atlanteans riding sharks and sea dragons, and one unnerving sequence featuring subterranean cannibals that will remind Wan fans of his horror roots."
    I agree that the cannibals are probably The Trench.
    "The most striking elements are the film's wildly fantastical underwater world (don't tell anyone, but Wan considers Aquaman a fantasy film, not a superhero movie) and a tone that's an upbeat shift from the grimness of Snyder's DC films."
    Probably a given for any DC movie at this point.
    "There's a lot of humor, mostly from Momoa showcasing his boisterous real-life personality that's unlike his glowering tough-guy roles."
    I wonder if he'll come across like Brave and the Bold Aquaman?
    Wan is directly asked if Arthuer will don the orange and green but he pretty much ducks the questions. Says Momoa wears "a suit" but is referring to his birthday suit and just says he's shirtless a lot lol. And I feel like the cannibals are the Trench.
    I'm guessing the classic suit will be saved for the climax or the end of the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll change Black Manta's real name in the comics to match "David Kane?"
    Kate (talking to Cass): "So which one of us is secretly related to this guy?"

Trailer will officially drop at SDCC. I think most folks expected this anyway but it's still something to look forward to!

https://twitter.com/creepypuppet/sta...29495355211776

I agree that the cannibals are probably The Trench.

Probably a given for any DC movie at this point.

I wonder if he'll come across like Brave and the Bold Aquaman?

I'm guessing the classic suit will be saved for the climax or the end of the movie.
    If he exclaims “Outrageous!” at some point in the movie I will totally nerd out.

I'm excited for this film. I hope it ends up being successful like Wonder Woman and Black Panther.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

https://www.newsarama.com/40410-dc-s...r-finales.html
    Solicitation for Aquaman (September). I was sceptical about the crossover at first, but now I am getting excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/40410-dc-s...r-finales.html
    Solicitation for Aquaman (September). I was sceptical about the crossover at first, but now I am getting excited.
    Judging by the cover, it looks like there will be some disagreement between Arthur and Mera over what to do about the Squad .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Judging by the cover, it looks like there will be some disagreement between Arthur and Mera over what to do about the Squad .
    Hopefully not too much conflict, though the last few years have shown these two will stick together through anything. Maybe she can get him to shave the beard.

As much as I don't like this incarnation of Suicide Squad, I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Was over in the Namor thread on the Marvel boards and one thing it seems Arthur and Namor have in common (among many) is the amount of times their kingdom's are attacked or in turmoil! I think most people are sick of seeing Atlantis being destroyed/torn apart just to make Arthur's life harder. This arc has gone on long enough and already we know the Suicide Squad are going to attack Atlantis in the future. Would it kill DC to take a breather on murdering the good people of Atlantis?

Arthur going to his high school reunion, Mera exploring Amnesty Bay or even the Deep Water arc which had a Alien-like tense horror vibe, these have been some of my favourite issues of Aquaman in the last few years, none of these involved the boring ATLANTIS IS UNDER ATTACK WHAT WILL AQUAMAN DO? rubbish.

Maybe Orm should lead Atlantis because under him they were a real force, destroying half of the US Eastern seaboard and took down the Justice League! lol
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

BANNED

I love the current arc, the high stakes and the world building around the community and the city but it`s running the risk at being too long and disconnect readers. The only issue is the pacing but I`m use to long arcs.

Atlantis should be important in the DCU scheme as a main political power seat, tho and part of his job is to assist Atlantis both as champion and King. Nobody balks an eye at Batman and Superman constantly protecting their respectie cities.

The current arc has some nice ideas like the mutant underclass of Atlantis but I do feel it has gone on too long. Did we really need a Rath origin story? He's a pretty boring villain.

Atlantis should be important and Aquaman should protect it but that doesn't mean it has to be under constant threat. There needs to be some variety, Batman isn't constantly saving Gotham from complete annihilation, he also investigates smaller cases or teams up with the Bat family. Superman spends as much time off world as he does in Metropolis. I enjoyed the arcs with Manta and the Deep Water from Abnett, would be nice to have a change in direction after the Suicide Squad arc.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    The current arc has some nice ideas like the mutant underclass of Atlantis but I do feel it has gone on too long. Did we really need a Rath origin story? He's a pretty boring villain.

Atlantis should be important and Aquaman should protect it but that doesn't mean it has to be under constant threat. There needs to be some variety, Batman isn't constantly saving Gotham from complete annihilation, he also investigates smaller cases or teams up with the Bat family. Superman spends as much time off world as he does in Metropolis. I enjoyed the arcs with Manta and the Deep Water from Abnett, would be nice to have a change in direction after the Suicide Squad arc.
    I think we could benefit from a few "a day in the life" issues regarding Atlantis.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post

Hey, it ends next month at least!

Kelly Sue Deconnick was at the DC writer's summit, if I recall, which lends credence to the rumor that she's taking over Aquaman. I wonder if any of the solicited hints at a rift forming between Arthur and Mera, as well as raising Atlantis, was to set up her run or just something she'd be left to deal with. That's a massive departure from the status quo to leave a new team with, so I hope if that does happen, it's because that lines up with her plans and not just something she's told to "deal with."

I'm interested in a raised Atlantis, but not as much with an estranged Aquaman and Mera. Hopefully that works out relatively quickly.

I think we could benefit from a few "a day in the life" issues regarding Atlantis.
    Agreed. I loved the reunion issue, it was fun! I think some smaller-stakes done-in-ones could help a lot of books.

Of course I'm sure publishing them in trades can be frustrating.
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-20-2018 at 06:36 PM.