Page 3 of 200 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    On a side note, I'm thrilled that Tula is back and I actually like that she's related to Orm and Aquaman. I hope Parker continues to flesh out the character.
    Agreed, I was getting worried that they had forgotten about her, since she was introduced earlier and then she was absent for like 6 issues. Nice to see her again and I hope we see more of her!

Loved issue 30, although it seemed a bit half hearted with how Arthur delbt with Hercules to me. Hopefully it's expanded upon more in the upcoming annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Well there's I think 4 mystery movies they haven't announced. God please let one of them be Aquaman!

These two need to be a major player in DC's Cinematic Universe. Not only the DCnU but the Cinematic one as well
    There is a good chance that one of the movies in development is Aquaman....DC is certainly investing more into the character (Throne of Atlantis animated next year, 2 Aquaman Books, Injustice appearance, MOS Easter eggs etc).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    There is a good chance that one of the movies in development is Aquaman....DC is certainly investing more into the character (Throne of Atlantis animated next year, 2 Aquaman Books, Injustice appearance, MOS Easter eggs etc).

Yeah exactly! He's definitely a major character that they need to use if they want to truly expand their cinematic universe like Marvel has. Might as well do it now when he's at his most popular!

Glad to see all the Aquaman lovers popping back up! We can make this thread even better than before!

What are everyone's thoughts on the rumors that either Matt Damon or Jason Momoa are in talks to play Arthur in the films?

I am a big fan of Aquaman. Loved him since JLU. Mera became one of my favorite DCU ladies (also one of my comic book crushes) during Blackest Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Glad to see all the Aquaman lovers popping back up! We can make this thread even better than before!

What are everyone's thoughts on the rumors that either Matt Damon or Jason Momoa are in talks to play Arthur in the films?
    Yes we totally can make this thread even better! Damon or Momoa.... Well Matt Damon shot down the rumors but I actually wouldn't mind Matt Damon as Aquaman and I'll tell you why. Damon is a fantastic actor and can really give Arthur depth, and if (when) they make an Aquaman solo film, he'd be enough star-power to bring even casual superhero fans to the movie. The only problem I see, is his age. It'll be at least 2018 before anything comes out, and he'll be getting up there in age, he's already in his forties. Momoa has the intensity to bring Arthur to life, but I'm not sure I'd like him to portray him. If there was one person I would want, it would be Charlie Hunnam. I think he would be the perfect Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I am a big fan of Aquaman. Loved him since JLU. Mera became one of my favorite DCU ladies (also one of my comic book crushes) during Blackest Night.
    I'm the same way with Mera, I'll admit...she's kind of my comic book crush...and yes it was all thanks to Blackest Night!

BANNED

All hail the king of the seas, Aquaman to me has been the breakout star of the new 52. Johns did a great job bringing him to prominance and Parker has done a solid job continuing to make it the best monthly comic in the stores. Aquaman has quickly shot up to 3'rd right behind Hal and Barry as my favorite hero and he's the only one who i'm currently reading not 1 but 2 of his books, so that says how much I appreciate everything that's going on with him right now in the DCU.

Yes we totally can make this thread even better! Damon or Momoa.... Well Matt Damon shot down the rumors but I actually wouldn't mind Matt Damon as Aquaman and I'll tell you why. Damon is a fantastic actor and can really give Arthur depth, and if (when) they make an Aquaman solo film, he'd be enough star-power to bring even casual superhero fans to the movie. The only problem I see, is his age. It'll be at least 2018 before anything comes out, and he'll be getting up there in age, he's already in his forties. Momoa has the intensity to bring Arthur to life, but I'm not sure I'd like him to portray him. If there was one person I would want, it would be Charlie Hunnam. I think he would be the perfect Aquaman
    Hmm I didn't know Damon shut rumors down. Boo. Hopefully it's misdirection on his part as I think he'd be amazing for many of the reasons you stated. Momoa seems to be a favorite among so many because the other rumor is that Arthur is supposed to be more barbarian like in the film and he fits that mold. I'm not a big fan of him though. Damon's age isn't doesn't bother me too much mainly because they think they'd play up that whole experience King motif.

Hunnam has the look down packed but his acting is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Hmm I didn't know Damon shut rumors down. Boo. Hopefully it's misdirection on his part as I think he'd be amazing for many of the reasons you stated. Momoa seems to be a favorite among so many because the other rumor is that Arthur is supposed to be more barbarian like in the film and he fits that mold. I'm not a big fan of him though. Damon's age isn't doesn't bother me too much mainly because they think they'd play up that whole experience King motif.

Hunnam has the look down packed but his acting is questionable.

I think Hunnam would be great, love him on Sons of Anarchy. The only reason I don't want Momoa is like you said, he could play a barbarian but that's about it, he isn't really that great of an actor in my opinion. (Check out Conan the Barbarian). Hopefully they know what they're doing though!

Yeah I agree momoa isn't the best but I love that they're thinking of nonwhite and badass actors for aquaman.

To be honest when they rebooted aquaman should have changed his appearance way more I think but that's probably just me.

I could probably live with momoa but I'm sure there's someone out there who would love to play him and can do it really well

Whoever it is, comic movies have been doing extremely well with casting as of late so I have faith. I'm just excited that Aquaman will be in a movie at all. Then there is still the animated film with him in the works. After Flashpoint showing the Atlantean crew love I'm even more excited to see them again in any capacity.

I'm the same way with Mera, I'll admit...she's kind of my comic book crush...and yes it was all thanks to Blackest Night!
    I got introduced to Aquaman through Smallville (TV series), have never looked back since. Blackest Night/Brightest day (& the current new 52 book) too, did a lot to get my attention on this superhero and his world.

Aquaman (2011-) 026-018l.jpg
    (oops no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

[/CENTER]

I hope that Aquaman continues with his success in the DCnU and his mythos is expanded on. More Aquaman please!
    Love his supporting cast (& villains) hope we to see an Aqualad soon.
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-04-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Mera's so awesome/badass that even Atrocitus had the hots for her in the old universe.