Page 188 of 200 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2993

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ck-aquaman-dc/

Any thoughts on this? I'm surprised Abnett would be leaving but maybe he'll drop the mic when tyrant King Rath is taken down?

I'll be sad to see Abnett go.
    I am sad for this but.. I desire him good luck.

Has anyone read anything about the Aqua-man of North Korea? Is he worth looking up?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Has anyone read anything about the Aqua-man of North Korea? Is he worth looking up?
    Very much so! Ahn Kwang-Jo, in just three appearances so far, has already shown himself to be a fully fleshed out character with a backstory and perspective we've never really seen before in the DCU. You're gonna want to check out NSMatJLC #20-#23 (#23 due out in May), the Seas of Change storyline. Don't worry about being confused, #20 was specifically designed as a jumping on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Very much so! Ahn Kwang-Jo, in just three appearances so far, has already shown himself to be a fully fleshed out character with a backstory and perspective we've never really seen before in the DCU. You're gonna want to check out NSMatJLC #20-#23 (#23 due out in May), the Seas of Change storyline. Don't worry about being confused, #20 was specifically designed as a jumping on point.
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely be looking into those issues. I do like his design and find his backstory very interesting. I would like for him and Arthur to meet eventually.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Any thoughts on the "Aquaman and the Others" series? I bought volume 1 for $7 today and figured if I like it, I"ll get volume 2. That was the one Geoff Johns storyline in the main series that I didn't much care for, but the price was right to give the characters another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Any thoughts on the "Aquaman and the Others" series? I bought volume 1 for $7 today and figured if I like it, I"ll get volume 2. That was the one Geoff Johns storyline in the main series that I didn't much care for, but the price was right to give the characters another shot.
    It's...fine. If I remember right I think I liked the first arc better than the second arc(the character that I found the most interesting out of the group effectively leaves after the first arc).

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It's...fine. If I remember right I think I liked the first arc better than the second arc(the character that I found the most interesting out of the group effectively leaves after the first arc).
    I thought volume 1 wasn't stellar, but I enjoyed most of it. The Ostrander issues didn't do anything for me, but it improved when Jurgens took over. It was good enough for me to want to read volume 2.

The Others really aren't headlining characters, in my view. They're fine as supporting characters for Aquaman. And I see what you mean about the departing character. Why introduce her only to write her out so soon?
    Last edited by andersonh1; 05-02-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I really liked the characters when Johns introduced them. Was looking forward to the book but Jurgens delivered a very average comic. They needed a better name than “The Others”. But I think they have a lot of potential if they fight creative team ever brings them back. Maybe they’ll show up in a sequel to the Aquaman movie.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-02-2018 at 06:19 PM.

DC just released a trailer and description for the upcoming Lego DC Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis movie.

Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis is coming to Blu-ray/Digital later this summer, where the super hero who best wears orange shall battle the mighty Atrocitus (Jonathan Adams) and the Red Lanterns. But just because Aquaman (Dee Bradley Bake) is getting the super-duper hero treatment, that doesn’t mean he plans on waging the war for his ocean realm all by his lonesome. And The Marine Marvel’s got a pretty rad group of friends to call upon for help: the Justice League.

Joining Aquaman on his perilous journey to Area 52 at Dread Lake will be Batman (Troy Baker), Superman (Nolan North), Wonder Woman (Grey Griffin), Cyborg (Khary Payton), and the newest member of the League, Jessica Cruz/Green Lantern (Cristina Milizia). We’ll also see plenty of action from other returning characters from Warner Bros. Animation/DC Entertainment productions, including Alyson Stoner as Batgirl, Eric Bauza as Jimmy Olsen, and Scott Menville as Robin/Damian Wayne.

Since we’re dealing with Aquaman’s home turf… er water, we’ll also get to meet some newcomers to the LEGO DC Super Hero universe including Susan Eisenberg as Mera, Fred Tatasciore as Lobo, and Trevor Devall as Ocean Master.

We have things to look forward to. Second arc of the new justice league comics will be a big Aquaman story.
    https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...07322929950720

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    We have things to look forward to. Second arc of the new justice league comics will be a big Aquaman story.
    Just in time for the movie. I'll definitely be picking it up.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ideally the AQUAMAN book would deal with Aquaman and Mera and their life in Atlantis and various superhero daring-do, and a book like AQUAMAN AND THE OTHERS would be more pulp inspired action adventure. Weird relics and sketchy adventures in international waters.

In my mind there's plenty of room for 3 ongoings- AQUAMAN, MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS, and AQUAMAN AND THE OTHERS (or something similar).

I'd just add Garth to those adventures.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'll just call Aquaman and the Others, Adventure Comics. It would be consistent with Detective, Action and Sensation (If WW were to get a second book).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really liked the characters when Johns introduced them. Was looking forward to the book but Jurgens delivered a very average comic. They needed a better name than “The Others”. But I think they have a lot of potential if they fight creative team ever brings them back. Maybe they’ll show up in a sequel to the Aquaman movie.
    I just finished vol. 2, and I enjoyed it, but it's barely an Aquaman book. "The Others with a cameo by Aquaman" would be a better title.

But yeah, I'd enjoy seeing them return at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ck-aquaman-dc/

Any thoughts on this? I'm surprised Abnett would be leaving but maybe he'll drop the mic when tyrant King Rath is taken down?

I'll be sad to see Abnett go.
    I've enjoyed Abnett's run immensely and will be sad to see him go. Kelly Sue wouldn't be my first go to but her work can be pretty good. I'd be open to it since almost every writer that has tackled Arthur since Brightest Day (Bunn aside) has done a pretty great job. With Kelly Sue on the book I can definitely see more Mera centric arcs as well. I'm just ready for Garth and Jackson to become apart of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope the Others get to make some sort of appearance again sooner rather than later. I don't want them to fade into limbo.

Also, I wonder if Atlantis' history with Gorilla City is still canon. I like the idea of Aquaman and Gorilla Grodd, two monarchs, having a bitter rivalry. I was never excited to see Grodd vs the Flash family, but I think he works so much better as an Aquaman foe.
    I feel like the Parker run is still canon just that no one seems interested to pick back up on it, which sucks because I'd really love to see Atlanna and the residents of Pacifica again.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Sounds exciting and just in time for the movie. He's great with big event arcs imo but I don't want it to end with the whole "Atlantis rises back out the sea" thing hinted at in Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC just released a trailer and description for the upcoming Lego DC Super Heroes - Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis movie.

Looks super fun. Can't wait.