Page 199 of 200 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 2993
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Please DON’T Momoaize him. Changing comic characters to match their movie counterparts is so annoying. Movies and tv shows don’t sell comics. Don’t water down our characters in the books since they already have to be in tv shows and movies.
    I agree. I don't know why comic people think changing into the movie/tv versions will sell comics, IT WON'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Please DON’T Momoaize him. Changing comic characters to match their movie counterparts is so annoying. Movies and tv shows don’t sell comics. Don’t water down our characters in the books since they already have to be in tv shows and movies.
    Feared this. Would rather there be no movie than have this happen tbh.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I don't see how you could change Arthur into Momoa's Aquaman short of a full-on reboot, which...I don't see being received well.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

"Momoaizing" Aquaman will be a really awful misstep. Hes finally gaining some footing in comicdom, and he's perfect as is. Leave it alone.

Just finished issue #38 and liked the conclusion, though I wish we could have had a quieter ending with Arthur and Mera and a few issues of short stories before we are tossed into ATLANTIS RISING MEGA CROSSOVER.

DC has yet to race-change Deadshot, which I thought was inevitable after Suicide Squad's financial success. If they won't do it to a second-stringer like Deadshot, I doubt they'll mess with Aquaman. Or at least not mess with him too much, anyway. Story purposes aside, I think the recent return of the long hair and beard is definitely inspired by his on-screen appearance. Doubt they'll go as far as that Bleeding Cool article suggests, though.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    DC has yet to race-change Deadshot, which I thought was inevitable after Suicide Squad's financial success. If they won't do it to a second-stringer like Deadshot, I doubt they'll mess with Aquaman. Or at least not mess with him too much, anyway. Story purposes aside, I think the recent return of the long hair and beard is definitely inspired by his on-screen appearance. Doubt they'll go as far as that Bleeding Cool article suggests, though.
    Yeah, pretty much all of Deadshot's depictions in comics and other media is still as a white dude.

I think the long hair and bear were definitely meant to harken towards Momoa's Aquaman, but I think that's as far as they can go without drastically changing Arthur's character.

I thought #25 already did a good job with it. He has the long hair and beard and became a badass rebel. Making him a dudebro woukd not help at all. I think the current version is a really good look.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I thought #25 already did a good job with it. He has the long hair and beard and became a badass rebel. Making him a dudebro woukd not help at all. I think the current version is a really good look.
    I think the long hair and beard clash with the classic look to some degree, but at the same time I think Momoa pulls it off in the art we have of him from the movie, so you never know...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Being honest, if the comic character today was more like the "movie Aquaman", I would add his comic to my pull list.
    Me too. The rock n'roll outsider angle is a great fit for Aquaman, and much more unique than what I've read from the modern comics, where he's got no personality IMO. And visually, being the sea-faring superhero, I find it fitting that his look evokes Poseidon, pirates, surfers, etc.

At least I think it's the best angle for a pre-king Arthur. I wouldn't mind if when he becomes King he becomes more regal and stoic, cleaning up his appearance for diplomatic purposes (A reluctant makeover scene could be funny actually) as at least I'd know that inside he's got another side to him.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 07-28-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Me too. The rock n'roll outsider angle is a great fit for Aquaman, and much more unique than what I've read from the comics, where he's got no personality IMO. And visually, being the sea-faring superhero, I find it fitting that his look evokes Poseidon, pirates, surfers, etc.
    I think Arthur definitely has a personality, it's just not as flamboyant or as Outrageous as some of his other depictions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Arthur definitely has a personality, it's just not as flamboyant or as Outrageous as some of his other depictions.
    I do wish our current comic Arthur had a bit more of an edge. He's a bit too watered down now trying to please everybody. My favorite version of Aquaman is PADs. And it's not about the beard or no beard debate, but personality was the perfect balance. He was serious, but had a dry sarcastic wit. He would not take any gruff from anyone, but neither was he a hot head, he was still sly, cunning and commanding, demanding respect.

By no means, do i want surfer bro to infiltrate the comics, but wouldn't have a problem with the edge that Mamoa's Aquaman radiates being inserted into the comics.

And like others have said, appearance wise i think this is as far as they go.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Anybody saw the Aquaman movie trailer, Super Friends version?
    I never watched Super Friends, is that really Orm or just a random character they plucked to fill the role?

I hope that both Black Manta and Orm are portrayed as menacing and charismatic. I like both of these villains so I hope this movie does right by them.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope that both Black Manta and Orm are portrayed as menacing and charismatic. I like both of these villains so I hope this movie does right by them.
    Yeah.. I liked Manta in the trailer.. This can´t be compared with certain designs in Titans serie..

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    I do wish our current comic Arthur had a bit more of an edge. He's a bit too watered down now trying to please everybody. My favorite version of Aquaman is PADs. And it's not about the beard or no beard debate, but personality was the perfect balance. He was serious, but had a dry sarcastic wit. He would not take any gruff from anyone, but neither was he a hot head, he was still sly, cunning and commanding, demanding respect.

By no means, do i want surfer bro to infiltrate the comics, but wouldn't have a problem with the edge that Mamoa's Aquaman radiates being inserted into the comics.

And like others have said, appearance wise i think this is as far as they go.
    I think he still has that dry wit to him, but I kinda prefer the idealist, happy, Aquaman that we have now (current troubles in Atlantis notwithstanding) .