Page 101 of 200 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2993

Despite that everyone says I should I am yet to pick up much Aquaman so new vol one or rebirth vol 1?
    Hey 100 pages!
    Edit:ha the irony I post about 100 pages but my post ends up on the 101 page, just my luck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Despite that everyone says I should I am yet to pick up much Aquaman so new vol one or rebirth vol 1?
    Hey 100 pages!
    Edit:ha the irony I post about 100 pages but my post ends up on the 101 page, just my luck.
    I'd read the New52 series if you have the time and money for it, first. Given the New52 is still in continuation with Rebirth we just have some minor retcons here and there. But I'm sure alot of stuff in the New52 series will be referenced on the current ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Hey 100 pages!
    I suggest you pick up the PAD run, the Larsen run, and the Jurgens run of Aquaman.

Ultimate Member

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquam...ainous-a148570

So we're getting Black Manta and Ocean Master in the movie it would seem.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquam...-jason-a148572

This would be an, interesting, casting choice if it pans out. She was also up to play Hippolyta in the WW movie, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope Ocean Master gets the Loki treatment, god there's so much potential there.

That said, Black Manta could be one of the coolest movie villians ever if done well.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope Ocean Master gets the Loki treatment, god there's so much potential there.

That said, Black Manta could be one of the coolest movie villians ever if done well.
    Honestly, I'd like to see Orm get better than the Loki treatment. Loki, at the end of the day, is still a world class A-hole. Orm, as presented in the New 52, never really did anything truly villainous. He was, to all intents and purposes, a hero who doesn't subscribe to traditional superhero values (no killing) and who happened to find himself on the opposite side of the Justice League in a conflict.

I say let Orm be a relatively good guy who wants to do right by his people, and is willing to go to extremes in order to serve that goal. He's no saint, but everything he does should be within the context of helping and providing for the people of Atlantis.

And yes, about Manta. If they do him right, he could be freaking Aquatic Darth Vader.

That. Is. COOL!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I love art you can kind of get a vibe off of from.

spoilers:
    Looking at this, I get the idea that Arthur's needing to go somewhere maybe a JL meeting or a personal mission, and he's asking for his trident and Mera's flirtatiously saying "what no bye"
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    When Bunn's introduced the Poseidon Blessing (Trident) I was hoping this would mean Mera would get the other trident aka Atlan's trident. Never happened though :/
    end of spoilers
    Aquaman with Poseidon's trident was one of the like, two things I actually liked about Bunn's run. I liked that it gave Arthur a few more abilities to work with.

Sejic's Aquaman is really gorg, He has no butt though. Aquaman should have one of thee plumpest booty's.

I assume Orm won't start out as a villain and that Manta will be the main threat in the movie, especially since Archenemies traditionally serve the main villain role in first solo film, but will probably descend into the extremism of his New 52 counterpart and truly become Ocean Master in the sequel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Aquaman with Poseidon's trident was one of the like, two things I actually liked about Bunn's run. I liked that it gave Arthur a few more abilities to work with.

Sejic's Aquaman is really gorg, He has no butt though. Aquaman should have one of thee plumpest booty's.
    Same in regards to the trident. I honestly liked a alot of stuff about Bunn's run. Thule sounded interesting and the idea of an even bigger race of Atlanteans with offworld ideology is really interesting to me atleast.

Don't have much about Aquaman having one of the pumplest butt's though, lol I guess if your going to wear green spandex you ought to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume Orm won't start out as a villain and that Manta will be the main threat in the movie, especially since Archenemies traditionally serve the main villain role in first solo film, but will probably descend into the extremism of his New 52 counterpart and truly become Ocean Master in the sequel.
    The way I'm hoping they do it, is each movie have Arthur and Orm show they're differences in their ideas of politics. Create surface world tension that keeps building up. Black Manta being the first strike if you will. I wouldn't have Orm as a villain till the third movie.

1st movie I'd rather not even have Black Manta. I'd rather the first be based off the Dead King arc
    2nd movie based off Aquawars, so basically heavily focus on Hyde
    3rd movie would be against Orm and might be the result of whatever happens in Aquawars maybe Tula dying in Aquawars. Makes both Orm offsteady who tries to suade Garth

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Same in regards to the trident. I honestly liked a alot of stuff about Bunn's run. Thule sounded interesting and the idea of an even bigger race of Atlanteans with offworld ideology is really interesting to me atleast.

Don't have much about Aquaman having one of the pumplest butt's though, lol I guess if your going to wear green spandex you ought to.
    I agree about Bunn's run. There were a lot of interesting concepts introduced like Thule and the magically powered trident that could morph into a dagger. However, it was the execution of these ideas that kinda fell flat for me.

In regards to Aquaman's looks, I still think Ivan Reis has been the best artist for the series:

His Aquaman and Mera were/are the sexiest couple in DC!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

In regards to Aquaman's looks, I still think Ivan Reis has been the best artist for the series:

His Aquaman and Mera were/are the sexiest couple in DC!
    One of the reasons RoTSS will be so epic when it finally debuts. Reis back to drawing Arthur!

I think Reis does my favorite Aquaman but Pelliter draws my favorite Mera.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I think Reis does my favorite Aquaman but Pelliter draws my favorite Mera.
    He really made a sleeveless Mera work .

Also! What are everyone's thoughts on the potential Black Manta and Atlanna castings?

I loooove me some Nicole Kidman so I'm excited by her inclusion in the film. I'm a little shocked though as I thought they'd try and get at least a Polynesian actress to be his mom. I wonder if they're going for an interracial Arthur to really hone in on the "from two worlds aspect" of him or if it's just colorblind casting.

I've never seen The Get Down but I've heard good things and I'm all for the rise of new talent for the guy they cast as Manta. Honestly, the weakest member of this cast for me so far has been Momoa. He tends to play the hyper masculine gloomy guy roles constantly so I'm wondering if he has the depth to give us a layered multifaceted portrayal of Arthur. If they even go that route. I guess JL will be the first glimpse.