Page 105 of 200 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2993
    BANNED

Aquaman is by far my favorite "Mainstream" DC superhero.

Cassandra Cain is my favorite character in all of fiction.

Slo-Bo is someone no one has ever head of.

And Anarky is an anti-hero.

But, when it comes to well known heroes, there's no man or woman I'd rather have defending my home town and the world than Arthur Curry. Long live the King!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    More Mera goodness from nebezial!

Attachment 45866
    These look GREAT!

Don't know if anyone else plays the DC Legends phone game but Aquaman, Mera and Siren are the new characters for March
    (Sadly the easy one to get is Siren)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

just saw an episode of powerless, and i was half expecting for aquaman to make a cameo...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    just saw an episode of powerless, and i was half expecting for aquaman to make a cameo...
    I was surprised they mentioned "King Orin," though I wonder if that was referring to Aquaman or a past king of Atlantis?

Never considered myself an Aquaman fan but having gone through what Johns did with the character and this DC Rebirth run over the past few months and I'm totally in love with the character and the political aspect the character has as well too. Is there anything else essential Aquaman related I should read?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SIN TZU View Post
    Never considered myself an Aquaman fan but having gone through what Johns did with the character and this DC Rebirth run over the past few months and I'm totally in love with the character and the political aspect the character has as well too. Is there anything else essential Aquaman related I should read?
    Peter David's run in the 90's is fantastic, and I think Jeff Parker's New52 run blows Johns's out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Peter David's run in the 90's is fantastic, and I think Jeff Parker's New52 run blows Johns's out of the water.
    I'll put both on my readlist might do Parker's first since I'll be revisiting other N52 titles this spring too. thanks

BANNED

No problem. I hope you enjoy! Parker's run is filled with interesting mythos and villains...and it also has my favorite issue of the run, Arthur and Mera going to a high school reunion.

BANNED

So who else is looking forward to Dead Water's return this week? It wasn't the best Aquaman villain introduced in New52, that title I think belongs to The Dead King, but it was still pretty damn cool!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SIN TZU View Post
    I'll put both on my readlist might do Parker's first since I'll be revisiting other N52 titles this spring too. thanks
    I'll second that recommendation for Jeff Parkers terrific (and all too brief) New 52 run on Aquaman.

It started slow for me but certainly picked up. It's got great structure and is made up of compelling world-building from Parker. Certainly in relation to Atlantis and it's place in the DCU historically. There's a revelation for Arthur in there too (say no more!).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I'll second that recommendation for Jeff Parkers terrific (and all too brief) New 52 run on Aquaman.

It started slow for me but certainly picked up. It's got great structure and is made up of compelling world-building from Parker. Certainly in relation to Atlantis and it's place in the DCU historically. There's a revelation for Arthur in there too (say no more!).
    I honestly didn't think when it started that Parker would be better than Johns, but while "Death of a King" is still my favorite storyline, Parker's run is overall probably my favorite run of any New52 book.

And then he got replaced by Cullen Bunn. I understand Bunn was told what to do with the character by the higher-ups to tie into the movies, but there's a REASON he decided he was going to quit the book after the first issue.

I honestly didn't think when it started that Parker would be better than Johns, but while "Death of a King" is still my favorite storyline, Parker's run is overall probably my favorite run of any New52 book.

And then he got replaced by Cullen Bunn. I understand Bunn was told what to do with the character by the higher-ups to tie into the movies, but there's a REASON he decided he was going to quit the book after the first issue.
    I've recently re-read Bunn's run on Aquaman and, yeah, it was a struggle for him. I don't think he'd ever experienced fan backlash like that before.

He actually went through a period answering questions and talking to fans here on CBR and found it difficult to disguise a dislike of Arthur that had been cultivated through his time on the book. If I remember correctly he was given such a hard time about the direction he'd taken Mera down (which, according to him, was editorially mandated) that he'd suggested the old evil twin switcheroo to his editors to backtrack on it without even realising that such a character (Siren/Hira) already existed!

It was a hard run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I've recently re-read Bunn's run on Aquaman and, yeah, it was a struggle for him. I don't think he'd ever experienced fan backlash like that before.

He actually went through a period answering questions and talking to fans here on CBR and found it difficult to disguise a dislike of Arthur that had been cultivated through his time on the book. If I remember correctly he was given such a hard time about the direction he'd taken Mera down (which, according to him, was editorially mandated) that he'd suggested the old evil twin switcheroo to his editors to backtrack on it without even realising that such a character (Siren/Hira) already existed!

It was a hard run.
    Ooph. That's rough.

And wait, he was going to ACTUALLY have Mera become a villain originally. Bunn, I still hate your run as a whole, but thank you for getting around that mandate. If that had happened, I might have dropped DC.

Ooph. That's rough.

And wait, he was going to ACTUALLY have Mera become a villain originally. Bunn, I still hate your run as a whole, but thank you for getting around that mandate. If that had happened, I might have dropped DC.
    Oh, it gets better. Remember that Arthur actually snuck into Atlantis during the story and slept with who he 'thought' was Mera but was actually Siren.

That created a LOT of debate on here. I'm not gonna go into it again any further as it's been well documented already. It was just a giant mess in many ways that soured Bunn on the character and his fans. Shame.