Page 123 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2993
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I will always argue that, not counting cosmic entities like Death, Mera is the deadliest woman in the DCU.

Also, GAAAAAAAAH! This art is so good! Everything about it is great, and I still can't get over the new Dolphin design.

I wonder if the new art was able to bring in enough new readers that the book got back over 30,000 in sales, could it go back to being bi-monthly?
    I honestly don't see art of this quality being able to make a bi-monthly deadline. I'll be happy if we don't get delays.

So what are the chances of Koryak and Lorena returning?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So what are the chances of Koryak and Lorena returning?
    I'd love to see Lorena make a return, but since the whole Sub-Diego arc is no longer a thing since FLASHPOINT, the centerpiece of Lorena's origin. I sadly doubt we'll see her anytime soon. Koryak, I'm pinning as a maybe. With Dolphin back, revived in the upcoming story arc. And Koryak being a small part of her origin in the course of PAD's run, I could see him maybe popping up again.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I'd love to see Lorena make a return, but since the whole Sub-Diego arc is no longer a thing since FLASHPOINT, the centerpiece of Lorena's origin. I sadly doubt we'll see her anytime soon. Koryak, I'm pinning as a maybe. With Dolphin back, revived in the upcoming story arc. And Koryak being a small part of her origin in the course of PAD's run, I could see him maybe popping up again.
    Isn't Rebirth restoring what was lost in Flashpoint

Seems like the rift between Arthur and Mera is deepening by the end of this arc...and we have Mera calling Arthur out for acting in a way he would've criticized or stood against from anyone else if they were to make that decision.

Maybe setting the stage for Arthur to question himself as king going into the next arc and beyond?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like the rift between Arthur and Mera is deepening by the end of this arc...and we have Mera calling Arthur out for acting in a way he would've criticized or stood against from anyone else if they were to make that decision.

Maybe setting the stage for Arthur to question himself as king going into the next arc and beyond?
    On the one hand, I like that this is what's leading into Dolphin, and by the end of this battle for the crown, probably Koryak as well, but I'm still not too happy about this.

We were promised a marriage in the Rebirth one-shot, and now they're getting more distant. Obviously, the two will end up forming a tighter connection or whatever out of all of this, but it's still a bit frustrating, especially since in the early Johns issues, there isn't a doubt in mind that he was writing the two as if they were ALREADY married.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    On the one hand, I like that this is what's leading into Dolphin, and by the end of this battle for the crown, probably Koryak as well, but I'm still not too happy about this.

We were promised a marriage in the Rebirth one-shot, and now they're getting more distant. Obviously, the two will end up forming a tighter connection or whatever out of all of this, but it's still a bit frustrating, especially since in the early Johns issues, there isn't a doubt in mind that he was writing the two as if they were ALREADY married.
    I'm sure we'll still get the marriage at some point, but this is probably just going to test their relationship and strengthen it even more as we go into the second year of Rebirth and the new arc.

Though it feels like an interesting coincidence that some of the main DC romances are hitting a snag as we head into the titles' second year (Ollie and Dinah, Barry and Iris, and now Arthur and Mera).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm still iffy on Dolphin's new look/design. I think it's unique, but I hope it's something that she can shift into rather than being like that all the time.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm still iffy on Dolphin's new look/design. I think it's unique, but I hope it's something that she can shift into rather than being like that all the time.
    Maybe when she's in water her body physically changes, and on land she resembles a human.

Similar to how Jackson's tats light up when he's in water.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    does anybody know who is at the other end of that stare?

Whoever it is, they probably aren't having a good day.

Maybe it's salty :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure we'll still get the marriage at some point, but this is probably just going to test their relationship and strengthen it even more as we go into the second year of Rebirth and the new arc.

Though it feels like an interesting coincidence that some of the main DC romances are hitting a snag as we head into the titles' second year (Ollie and Dinah, Barry and Iris, and now Arthur and Mera).
    hal and carol is probably the worst position as of the moment.

Astonishing Member

Oh my gosh that's beautiful! Love the finishing move

He looks great. Can't wait to play the game nonstop after next week.

I'd definitely love to see Lorena back at some point. It'd be hard with Sub Diego no longer having happened, but they could reinvent her origin with making her a member of one of the other colonies of the Seven Seas.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-13-2017 at 05:04 AM.