Page 165 of 200 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2993
    BANNED

That Batwoman vs Aquawoman fight in The Drowned was bull...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    That Batwoman vs Aquawoman fight in The Drowned was bull...
    Wait what? I'm not reading any of Metal. What happened?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Wait what? I'm not reading any of Metal. What happened?
    Dark Universe Earth 11 Bryce Wayne was able to fight Aquawoman h2h and get the better of her under the sea.. which is weird given Morrison stated she was the most powerful native lifeform from that Earth which would include Wonderman.

Abnett had to include his Deadwater idea in this to..

BANNED

Dark Universe Earth 11 Bryce Wayne was able to fight Aquawoman h2h and get the better of her under the sea.. which is weird given Morrison stated she was the most powerful native lifeform from that Earth which would include Wonderman..
    UGGGGGGGGGH!

Speaking of Abnett making me groan: Garth. His voice was okay in the newest issue...but REALLY? Garth had a girlfriend that he accidentally killed?! Was his original backstory just not tragic enough?

Bleh

At least everyone else in this book is great. I've been falling in love with Dolphin for the first time all over again this arc.

I enjoyed this issue I thought it was really good it was written well especially Garth I liked the fight where Tempest got show off his magical powers against his former teacher Loke how powerful his magical powers is but what I really liked was the character development for Garth what happened in his past and who he lost his first Girlfriend because of magic and that what shape his personality and why gave up using his magical powers also liked good moments of Mera and Garth as well of Arthur and Dolphin also liked ending with Murk

Overall thought it was very good issue the art was amazing.
    Last edited by zoch; 10-19-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Dark Universe Earth 11 Bryce Wayne was able to fight Aquawoman h2h and get the better of her under the sea.. which is weird given Morrison stated she was the most powerful native lifeform from that Earth which would include Wonderman.

Abnett had to include his Deadwater idea in this to..
    Technically speaking, it's logical. Earth minus 11 isn't Earth 11. It's a world born out of Batman secret fears and nightmares. In that regard, Bryce Wayne getting the upper hand on Aquawoman is acceptable (while I would never accept it as it was shown in a normal world, not from the Dark Multiverse). Keep in mind that, had it been Aquaman who had peered into the Dark and given birth to Inverse Worlds, his "versions" would have been able to win against everyone, simply because the normal rules of the Multiverse doesn't apply in its dark counterpart. Hence why Batman was able to defeat the Justice League on any Inverse world.

Regarding the Drowned, it's honestly one of my favourite tie-ins, because I feel that Abnett managed to make me feel really sorry for this Batman, despite her many mistakes. Her only links to others was killed long ago, she had become detached from everyone (including the League apparently), had to see her world drowned and mutate herself into a monstrosity to protect it, and even then couldn't save it. Hopefully, Abnett will put the same work in characters like King Shark, and any other ones he may (re)introduce later in his run, because the Aqua-mythos must always become stronger !

Edit :

Also... Damn you Murk ! Stop the damn emotional roller-coster already !
    Last edited by Korath; 10-19-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Technically speaking, it's logical. Earth minus 11 isn't Earth 11. It's a world born out of Batman secret fears and nightmares. In that regard, Bryce Wayne getting the upper hand on Aquawoman is acceptable (while I would never accept it as it was shown in a normal world, not from the Dark Multiverse). Keep in mind that, had it been Aquaman who had peered into the Dark and given birth to Inverse Worlds, his "versions" would have been able to win against everyone, simply because the normal rules of the Multiverse doesn't apply in its dark counterpart. Hence why Batman was able to defeat the Justice League on any Inverse world.

Regarding the Drowned, it's honestly one of my favourite tie-ins, because I feel that Abnett managed to make me feel really sorry for this Batman, despite her many mistakes. Her only links to others was killed long ago, she had become detached from everyone (including the League apparently), had to see her world drowned and mutate herself into a monstrosity to protect it, and even then couldn't save it. Hopefully, Abnett will put the same work in characters like King Shark, and any other ones he may (re)introduce later in his run, because the Aqua-mythos must always become stronger !

Edit :

Yeah Aquawoman was beaten too easily but as you say this isn’t the regular Earth 11. It’s the nightmare version where everything bad happens. Plus we don’t know the kind of enhancements Bryce made to herself. Obviously comparable strength to Aquawoman and Batman’s tactical mind but completely unhinged and ruthless.
    by now I’m so used to seeing Batman embarrassing the other members of the Justice League it’s not even a shock. It’s just the status quo in the DCU.

BANNED

UGGGGGGGGGH!

Speaking of Abnett making me groan: Garth. His voice was okay in the newest issue...but REALLY? Garth had a girlfriend that he accidentally killed?! Was his original backstory just not tragic enough?

Bleh

At least everyone else in this book is great. I've been falling in love with Dolphin for the first time all over again this arc.
    I might be jumping to conclusions but it sounds like Abnett was trying to reference the ending of the Silver Age with the crisis that caused the great tragedy in Garth's life originally before Flashpoint (Tula's death). Which is pretty creative if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah Aquawoman was beaten too easily but as you say this isn’t the regular Earth 11. It’s the nightmare version where everything bad happens. Plus we don’t know the kind of enhancements Bryce made to herself. Obviously comparable strength to Aquawoman and Batman’s tactical mind but completely unhinged and ruthless.
    by now I’m so used to seeing Batman embarrassing the other members of the Justice League it’s not even a shock. It’s just the status quo in the DCU.
    Bryce Wayne was fighting evenly with Aquawoman before she made any upgrades to herself. Inverse world or not I don't see why her human physiology would be superior to Aquawoman's to the point she could get an upper hand underwater especially.

BANNED

As badass as that moment was, I'd still like to know what the Hell his plan was exactly. No one would have ever expected him to catch Arthur (We all certainly called BS on it) so why fake his death at all?

I might be jumping to conclusions but it sounds like Abnett was trying to reference the ending of the Silver Age with the crisis that caused the great tragedy in Garth's life originally before Flashpoint (Tula's death). Which is pretty creative if so. .
    I kinda got that feeling too, but I don't think it works.

new pic

Those are some wicked shoulder pads .

As badass as that moment was, I'd still like to know what the Hell his plan was exactly. No one would have ever expected him to catch Arthur (We all certainly called BS on it) so why fake his death at all?
    If I had to make a guess, it would be that Murk knew that, to overthrow Rath, he needed Arthur in Atlantis, and thus decided to apparently kill him to force him to stay inside the Crown of Thorns. That's the only thing which could make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new pic
    What are these things in the actor hands?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Set Footage and Pictures of Aquaman and Mera together in costume. https://batman-news.com/2017/10/20/a...heard-costume/

Yo I'm so ready for this movie. So far it's looking really good. Aquaman and Mera on screen together has me hype. Didn't want to post the pics because people might count it as a spoiler

Spectacular Member

Edit :

Sorry, that fight just made no sense. It's like showing Batman can outrun the Flash because... well because he's Batman. This would be highly debatable if it happened out of water. Even then, i'd expect a writer to show Batman coming up with his prep time to take them down. But underwater it's just absurd. A normal human being whose movements are slower underwater against a super human who's vastly stronger and quicker than you and can basically fly underwater...