Page 169 of 200 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2993

Early design for rebirth Aquaman.
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-rebirth-aquam...gn-momoa-dceu/

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    No matter, thanks to Jason Momoa we ended with a better design, about old aquaman versions, I liked this in brave and bold:

3801576-5170141533-aquam.jpg

Spectacular Member

I can't believe we're just days away from seeing Aquaman on the big screen. He's been my favorite hero since seeing him on the Super Friends. Hoping he's a breakout character.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    I can't believe we're just days away from seeing Aquaman on the big screen. He's been my favorite hero since seeing him on the Super Friends. Hoping he's a breakout character.
    MANY PEOPLE WANTS TO SEE AQUAMAN IN JL:

Here's how it breaks down:

Based on a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 Justice League moviegoers:
    89% are fans of DC Entertainment.
    84% saw Wonder Woman on the big screen.
    80% are excited by the lighter tone of Justice League
    66% are fans of Jason Momoa from Game of Thrones (I remember him in Game of Thrones too)
    Fans picked Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Aquaman (Momoa) as the characters they most wanted to see in Justice League.

https://www.newsarama.com/37355-just...ket-sales.html
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-14-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    So stoked!

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Sooo I ended up dropping DC Rebirth after the first #6 or so issues that included AM, how is everyone feeling about Rebirth Aquaman, worth me picking up in trades?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Sooo I ended up dropping DC Rebirth after the first #6 or so issues that included AM, how is everyone feeling about Rebirth Aquaman, worth me picking up in trades?
    Definitely .

Aquaman has been one of the most solid and engaging Rebirth books from the beginning, and now it's firing on all cylinders .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I'd say it's the second (Distant second) strongest title of Rebirth, only behind New Super-Man. Not the best Aquaman run there's ever been, but it's consistently good stuff.

That said, as for today's issue...

FINALLY Garth and Tula got to share a scene (And it was good!) and at this point I can definitely say that AquamanAbnett really does get Garth SO much better than TitansAbnett.

I like pretty much everything going on on Arthur's end. And credit must continue to go to Sejic because, apart from the obvious reasons, he really does continue to give better characterization to Dolphin than a lot of writers give their characters, despite her not having any dialogue. (Although I'm fairly sure one of her face from a previous issue got reused for Tula in one panel.)

Still not perfect though. Rath is LAME. He's a Trump stand in, I get it, and that can work. But with his whining over how he's the king, he's coming off more like a laughable Joffery.

I also remain to not be a fan of how Abnett writes Mera. He's had his moments with her, which is why I'm not pissed he's the one writing her mini, but just in general I find that he writes her too weak willed and dependent on Arthur.

Also, I already hate this version of King Shark.

Aquaman 30 it was okay spoilers:
    I liked interaction between Tula and Garth hope see more of those two together going forward, it looks like someone needs go rescue Mera from King Shark.

As for Arthur glad got Trident back seems upgrade with new powers like lighting hope use it wrap up Rath storyline dragging on far to long.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by zoch; 11-15-2017 at 01:27 PM.

BANNED

Probably should put some of that in spoilers Zoch,

Personally number 30 is my favorite issue of this arc so far. It has so much promise in what to expect going forward.

spoilers:
    I honestly thought the Garth and Tula scene would be the highlight of the issue once I got to that part because it was such a good scene. I like that we finally get a conversation between the two and better yet at the lighthouse.
    brightestday0pg9.jpg

My favorite interaction though was between Vulko and Orin, it was just fun to see these two bicker briefly and it's cool to see that Arthur will work with his mentor once more.. Hell this issue gave a lot of awesome reunions.

King Shark's appearance was cool I'm excited to see what Abnett does with him and what Nanue plans with Mera are who we know will become queen at least briefly.

I was also hyped up with the biggest reunion being Aquaman and his trident, the effect on the trident made it look like shits about to go down. Hah and I'm hoping for some powerup possibly being at play with all this talk of magic going around.
    end of spoilers

Aquaman 30 really did capture a Game of Thrones feel and it did it justice. Loving all the trides and factions

So, I just saw Justice League (it came out today here in France). Aquaman is awesome, so is Mera (even if she isn't here enough to my taste).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, I just saw Justice League (it came out today here in France). Aquaman is awesome, so is Mera (even if she isn't here enough to my taste).
    Good to hear. I'm a bit skeptical about the portrayal, just hoping he has a good showing.