Page 171 of 200 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2993
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The hand holding onto Mera looks like a female's.

I wonder if the gloved hand on Arthur is one of the Sisterhood?
    I honestly somehow skipped the fact their was a feminine green gloved hand on Aquaman and assumed it was Mera for some reason despite her never wearing gloves...

The male hand on Arthur also doesn't show any signs of Age so it could be Nereus like Silvermoth said who might make a return alongside Orm and the Sisterhood is a good guess given the upscale look of the glove.

All-New Member

One of the few toys I still have from when I was a kid.

aquaman.jpg

The current comic version is my fav way of his looks, but there is still a lot of love in my soul for this guy.

Has it ever been stated in continuity that Aquaman is stronger, faster, or more durable than the average Atlantean? The citizens of Atlantis would naturally be incredibly strong and durable because they need to survive in the ocean depths. Does Aquaman’s magical lineage make him superior?
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-25-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Has it ever been stated in continuity that Aquaman is stronger, faster, or more durable to the average Atlantean? The citizens of Atlantis would naturally be incredibly strong and durable because they need to survive in the ocean depths. Does Aquaman’s magical lineage make him superior?
    I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that Aquaman's abilities are far beyond that of a normal Atlantean, even though it hasn't been explicitly said outright (and Abnett's toned down Arthur's abilities to some degree).

BANNED

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that Aquaman's abilities are far beyond that of a normal Atlantean, even though it hasn't been explicitly said outright (and Abnett's toned down Arthur's abilities to some degree).
    It's been stated and shown several times over Aquaman is above every other Atlantean exception being the mutated, magic based, or Royal based ones.

Reason characters like King Shark, Garth, and Atlan can give him fights is they fit in one or those categories

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That's such a rad cover.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Has it ever been stated in continuity that Aquaman is stronger, faster, or more durable than the average Atlantean? The citizens of Atlantis would naturally be incredibly strong and durable because they need to survive in the ocean depths. Does Aquaman’s magical lineage make him superior?
    I posted this on another thread. Someone was asking something similar. But yes, Aquaman is much faster and stronger than the normal atlantean.

Snippets from Aquaman 21 (new 52)

Aquaman speeds off...

Atlantean soldier1: How can he move so fast?
    Atlantean soldier2: He's not like us
    Tula: No. he's not.

Later in same issue...
    Aquaman: You cut open an Atlantean and stitched them back up, why?
    Scavenger: I'm full of curiosity. I wanted to see how different they are compared to us. And maybe you already know this, but they're as different under that skin from you as they are from me.

So, Aquaman is something more, but the why is still a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    I posted this on another thread. Someone was asking something similar. But yes, Aquaman is much faster and stronger than the normal atlantean.

Snippets from Aquaman 21 (new 52)

Aquaman speeds off...

Atlantean soldier1: How can he move so fast?
    Atlantean soldier2: He's not like us
    Tula: No. he's not.

Later in same issue...
    Aquaman: You cut open an Atlantean and stitched them back up, why?
    Scavenger: I'm full of curiosity. I wanted to see how different they are compared to us. And maybe you already know this, but they're as different under that skin from you as they are from me.

So, Aquaman is something more, but the why is still a mystery.
    I guess it's got to be tied to him being half-human and half-Atlantean, since so far that's been the only noticeable differential when it comes to Arthur and other Atlanteans.

His human half could possibly have granted him the Metahuman gene to unlock more powers then pure-blooded Atlanteans have.

Astonishing Member

I always wanted to see Aquaman's drastic power compared to a general Atlantean explored in-story. I always felt there was an element to his hybridization that must have something to do with it - but it would be a killer opportunity to do a breeding/eugenics based storyline that tapped back into his Golden Age "this is a blonde haired, blue eyed Aryan archetype and he's beating Nazi ass and smashing U-Boats" roots. Arthur is effectively the ultimate thing that the Nazis would have striven for, it'd be freaky-deaky to find out that some Nazi or post-Nazi evil group had a hand in influencing his birth and powers, like they engineered Atlanna to find Tom Curry because of some DNA something something something. The easy but still cool thing would probably be a "30 years ago something something conspiracy where agents from Atlantis were actually working with agents from the surface" thing.

Obviously he's also got some "pure royal blood" tropes and some internalized Atlantean magic-by-way-of-mutation tropes built in to a lot of his various stories over the years. These things don't contradict, though.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Spectacular Member

I guess it's got to be tied to him being half-human and half-Atlantean, since so far that's been the only noticeable differential when it comes to Arthur and other Atlanteans.

His human half could possibly have granted him the Metahuman gene to unlock more powers then pure-blooded Atlanteans have.
    I think it would be something more than this as that's almost a bit too obvious and they were building it up as a mystery. Hopefully Johns will re expolore this when or if they do the Rise of the Seven Seas story-line. Maybe they'll go the route of the Peter David orgin where Aquaman's human father turns out to be the man who raised him, but he had a different biological father.

Especially how all the aqua-writers are constantly playing tribute to PADs version. For a tidbit for those who don't know, in PADs version, his biological father named him Orin, which is what he's referring to himself in the current story-line.
    Last edited by soccerguy951; 11-26-2017 at 10:42 PM.

ANNUAL PREVIEW:

https://www.newsarama.com/37501-aqua...1-preview.html

THE FUTURE, one Aquaman son...This is the first time that I see Mera old, even in JL Beyond unlike Aquaman she looked young..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-27-2017 at 11:38 AM.

That Annual looks interesting but I got say Mera looks old she looks like the kid grandmother then his mother while Arthur doesn't look old.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    ANNUAL PREVIEW:

https://www.newsarama.com/37501-aqua...1-preview.html

THE FUTURE, one Aquaman son...This is the first time that I see Mera old, even in JL Beyond unlike Aquaman she looked young..
    This looks real weird. I'm into it. Really into it.

Seeing Mera with anything but youthful/vibrant red hair feels so wrong!

How long did Arthur and Mera wait to have a son?

I guess Arthur and Mera had Tom very late going by their ages versus how young he is...either that or Atlanteans age quickly .