Page 175 of 200 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2993

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    After looking at upcoming solicitation for Aquaman that Rath storyline is dragging far to long for my liking and I don’t think he needs origin issue.

As for Mera while glad Orm back hope portrait properly and written like was in Throne of Atlantis I like that bringing back family back from Orm one shot and if do have fight between Mera and Orm I rather they didn’t but if they did I like Orm shown as powerhouse in my opinion should win in fight yes Mera strong but in my opinion she would lose we just have wait and see.
    It's gone on way too long now. The book is painfully slow and the story has barely moved forward in the last few months. Now they're going to halt it completely to tell an origin story that no one cares about?

The artist for issue 34 is Mirko Colak. Do you think he will draw just this one issue, or is he replacing Riccardo Federici?

I really liked the new issue. The story moved, the art was great. Also the more I see of mother Cetea, the more I dislike her.

BANNED

I think with this issue I'm officially burnt out on this arc. I just want in to be over and we're not even close to the end.

So sometime in the 90s, there was going to be an animated tv series starring Wonder Woman and other female DC superheroes. One of those heroes in question was going to be Dolphin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I think with this issue I'm officially burnt out on this arc. I just want in to be over and we're not even close to the end.
    Yeah, it's been taking quite awhile without too much going on. The art is still amazing though

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

So sometime in the 90s, there was going to be an animated tv series starring Wonder Woman and other female DC superheroes. One of those heroes in question was going to be Dolphin.
    Dolphin was also pitched her own DC Nation short, believe it or not...

Ultimate Member

Was Mera supposed to appear to? It'd be weird to have Dolphin, but not her.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Was Mera supposed to appear to? It'd be weird to have Dolphin, but not her.
    Nope no mention of Mera being in it.

Ultimate Member

Huh weird?

I guess it was probably in production around the time Dolphin was more of the female lead of PAD's run.

I'm looking forward to the Aquaman film. I really hope it turns out to be a hit like Wonder Woman was.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Huh weird?
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not too familiar with Pre-90's Aquaman outside of League appearances) but far as I'm aware, Dolphin's role in the PAD run was much more prominent than Mera ever had until Blackest Night and the Nu52. While she appeared plenty and had major roles in some stories, she was never really treated as Arthur's equal or a hero in her own right until Johns came along. Hell, before his run, the two most praised Aquaman eras were PAD's run and Sub-Diego, both of which Mera was barely in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not too familiar with Pre-90's Aquaman outside of League appearances) but far as I'm aware, Dolphin's role in the PAD run was much more prominent than Mera ever had until Blackest Night and the Nu52. While she appeared plenty and had major roles in some stories, she was never really treated as Arthur's equal or a hero in her own right until Johns came along. Hell, before his run, the two most praised Aquaman eras were PAD's run and Sub-Diego, both of which Mera was barely in at all.
    Don't quote me on this but I feel like she was fairly active and prominent in the Dan Jurgens run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I feel like she was fairly active and prominent in the Dan Jurgens run.
    Wow, I completely forgot that run even existed!

First thing that comes to mind when I hear 'Jurgens' and 'Aquaman' is the Aquaman and the Others book (Which I still maintain was good, dang it!)

Looking at Comicvine I think you're right in terms of her getting prominence after PAD left, but the little I do recall of Aquaman Vol 3 Post-PAD I don't remember being very good, Mera's writing included.