Page 178 of 200 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2993

http://thegww.com/aquaman-32/
    Do you think that the magic of the trident can give Mera her ability to breathe under water back? That would be new.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Do you think that the magic of the trident can give Mera her ability to breathe under water back? That would be new.
    That would be interesting.

I want the power of the trident to be explored. It's a nice addition to Aquaman's repertoire and gives him a nice ranged ability. That preview art looks great as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That would be interesting.

I want the power of the trident to be explored. It's a nice addition to Aquaman's repertoire and gives him a nice ranged ability. That preview art looks great as well.
    I’ve brought this up a few times, but they really need to boost the power of the trident. Since the new 52, we’ve been told that it’s this really powerful artifact, but it’s never been shown, at least in the comics. I was disappointed with the last issue where once again were told of its power, but nothing is actually shown. The trident needs to be more than a stabbing instrument, and even as that, it’s not that impressive. The trident should be Author’s mjolnir with equally impressive abilities.

Thanks..

I hope that the magic of the trident helps her..

Where is this picture from?

Aquaman #32: Very solid issue, lots of tension in the Widowhood's desire to have Mera rule versus Arthur/Mera's hopes of a "normal" life. I like seeing Mera made to be so important. It's a pretty sad issue, looking at how heroes have to put their loves and desires second to the needs of the ones they protect. Also, in a way, very timely, politically speaking. Some of the characters question/discuss Rath's mental stability.
    Last edited by Comic Book Addict; 01-17-2018 at 03:43 PM.

BANNED

Think I'm gonna be dropping Aquaman temporarily. I've been reading it consistently since 2011, it being the only book I was reading for a good chunk of that time, and I'm pretty burnt out. Toss in that I'm burnt out on this arc especially and I'm not exactly a fan of the direction things are going and I think it's the right time to take a break. May even trade wait the Mera mini.

That last page in the most recent issue? Chilling. The whole issue was a good issue, handling Arthur's wavering will and solidifying him as well as injecting a tad bit of drama.

Though I don't think I'm going to be too satisfied with how this hashes out.

Where is this picture from?
    Variant cover for next issue

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Think I'm gonna be dropping Aquaman temporarily. I've been reading it consistently since 2011, it being the only book I was reading for a good chunk of that time, and I'm pretty burnt out. Toss in that I'm burnt out on this arc especially and I'm not exactly a fan of the direction things are going and I think it's the right time to take a break. May even trade wait the Mera mini.
    I wish you didn't feel like dropping Aquaman, but I understand if you just don't feel like keeping up with it anymore.

Astonishing Member

I've been digging this storyline. It feels good to have a big expansive Aquastoryline that isn't "apart from the DCU" but is its own thing, and the DCU is just sort of related. Like a big proper Batman 12-parter or maxi-series. I miss Sejic's work but think the current dude, Federici, has a nice kind of Prince Valianty fantasy vibe. I mean I liked the slightly anime, slightly Disney stuff better - but I'm into it for the most part.

I liked all the stuff with Mera. First, her despising talk about why Rath is unfit for power felt like a pretty thinly veiled reference to certain current (albeit, timeless) political climates and poor leaders. Second, it all still feels very Game of Thronesy, which is definitely Aquaman's world and place in the DCU. Thirdly, it felt ... well, maybe because I've just been watching Series 2 of The Crown, it felt very Queen Elizabethy. Proper royalty and duty and all that jazz.

I like the move itself. Mera deserves the upgrade to be sure and feels like a more natural fit for the royalty spot - it also makes her a more direct peer to Wonder Woman, which is the best. And also, I prefer Aquaman to not be shackled to the throne. I think he's something of a cowboy figure, out there wandering, doing his hero thing, standing at that lighthouse and staring out at the sunrise, Luke Skywalker style. Maybe doing lots of troubleshooter work for the Queen, independent of the command hierarchy of Atlantis ... uh ... Darth Vader style.

Can't wait to see the crown come down. Rath's gotta go.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

After finally having sat down and read the issue I gotta say I loved it. I do agree that I felt the story was stalling a bit but it was good to see things start moving again here. I also felt that way with Abnett’s first arc on the book. He’s got a long form of storytelling but it pays off in the end.

Mera’s acceptance of the throne and speech to Arthur was heartbreaking. I love how says it won’t be the end of them but it seems like every time they get a chance to finally leave it all behind something happens to wedge them apart. After this issue I can’t wait to see how the rest of her story unfolds in her mini. I’m really hoping in the next arc we can get some Garth/Arthur interaction and it’ll be nice if Abnett finds a way to work Jackson in there too. I’m beyond ready for all the Aquafamily to be in one room together.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-19-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Middleton’s variants have been absolutely stunning, too. I wouldn’t be upset if he got to draw an issue or the next annual. He deserves.

BANNED

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...-korea-dc/amp/

To be honest never been fond of the idea of The Justice-League of China ignorant of me to say given I haven't been following any of it. But it just comes off as Asian parodies to me. Whereas I think they should make or bring in Asian heroes with their own mythos to spawn and whatnot *Whispers* Wind Dragon, Dr. Light.

Regardless that it was interesting theres going to be a New Aqua-Man given he Arthur typically gets left out sometimes of these things. JL3000, Earth3 and whatnot. Wonder if there will be a Cy-Borg