Page 180 of 200 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2993
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Hi all! I’ve been reading the current run off and on and for the most part really enjoy it. I also read quite a bit of Geoff Johns run. If I wanted to go back and read past Aquaman stories that have been collected what would you recommend? Amazon has a large trade of Peter David’s run coming out soon, was his run on Aquaman good?
    It was a character (re)defining run that should be in everyone's collection. You need to pre-order it as soon as possible; and add vol. 2 to your cart while you're at it!

Let's make sure DC doesn't cancel these books last minute at they love to do...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Hi all! I’ve been reading the current run off and on and for the most part really enjoy it. I also read quite a bit of Geoff Johns run. If I wanted to go back and read past Aquaman stories that have been collected what would you recommend? Amazon has a large trade of Peter David’s run coming out soon, was his run on Aquaman good?
    Yes, go and get it! It’s my favorite Aquaman run. I also got the Atlantis Chronicles by Peter David. It’s a prequel to his aquaman run. I would say the chronicles is more of an add on, but the main run, issues 1-25 are a must have for any fan.

Great storyline and really made Aquaman a force to reckoned with. Issue 16 is Aquaman vs the Justice League. How cool is that?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Glad to hear you're enjoying the current books, man! They're so rad.

I'd recommend the 1986 "blue period", Busiek's Sword of Atlantis, some of the Post-PAD stuff when Aquaman gets his water hand.

To be honest I find the Peter David stuff to be decent fantasy that is worth a look, but it doesn't really read as AQUAMAN to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-15-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

My favorite version is the long haired bearded on with the hook hand and gladitorial manica

Thanks for the recommendations!

Jason Momoa was EPIC as Aquaman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I tend to forget just how damn good Pelletier is. Thanks for this!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'd love a large print of this. It's heavenly.

Arthur and Mera have never looked better. Thanks for posting it.

Happy Birthday to the King of the Seven Seas!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

So worth it. This Aquaman starts out very dark. He has lost his infant son and his wife has gone crazy when this story starts. He is kind of a broken man. Then things start happening and he just decides that he has had enough and is not taking **** from anyone anymore. I mean just look at these covers. They just scream "the days of Aquaman being the goofy guy talking to fish are over"

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    So worth it. This Aquaman starts out very dark. He has lost his infant son and his wife has gone crazy when this story starts. He is kind of a broken man. Then things start happening and he just decides that he has had enough and is not taking **** from anyone anymore. I mean just look at these covers. They just scream "the days of Aquaman being the goofy guy talking to fish are over"

That sounds fantastic!! Can't wait to start this run!

I can't wait until the Peter David run collections come out! That was my favorite Aquaman era!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeetle91189 View Post
    I can't wait until the Peter David run collections come out! That was my favorite Aquaman era!
    I hope everyone who plans on buying these is pre-ordering them! Either from their LCS, Amazon, wherever.

Both volumes 1 and 2 are available for pre-order, but if DC doesn't perceive enough interest based on those numbers, there won't be a volume 3...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009