Page 187 of 200 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2993

I've stopped reading Aquaman due to this arc. It's just so boring.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ck-aquaman-dc/

Any thoughts on this? I'm surprised Abnett would be leaving but maybe he'll drop the mic when tyrant King Rath is taken down?

I'll be sad to see Abnett go.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-20-2018 at 04:26 PM.

DeConnick wouldn't be someone I automatically associate with writing Aquaman, but I guess I'm kind of curious to see what her take would be.

As far as Abnett leaving...I think Abnett's had a solid run that I've enjoyed, even if some elements feel like they've been dragged out or not developed as much as they could have, but I think some new blood might be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Any thoughts on this? I'm surprised Abnett would be leaving but maybe he'll drop the mic when tyrant King Rath is taken down?

Yeah, Abnett may have nerfed Arthur a little too much, but aside from his Rath story going too long his run have been really good. Hope Riccardo Federici continue on Aquaman, his art fit the tittle very well, especially on the underwater kind of medieval Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DeConnick wouldn't be someone I automatically associate with writing Aquaman, but I guess I'm kind of curious to see what her take would be.

As far as Abnett leaving...I think Abnett's had a solid run that I've enjoyed, even if some elements feel like they've been dragged out or not developed as much as they could have, but I think some new blood might be good.
    I'm curious too. I'm not really familiar with anything she's written (at least I don't think so), but I'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

As long as the new writer keep developing what was done to Aquaman since the New 52, I guess I would be okay. Since Rebirth, and if he leaves in August, he would have written 45 issues associated with Aquaman (The Rebirth Specia + 38 issues of Aquaman + 6 issues of Mera, Queen of Atlantis). That's quite the long run, and he has done well with it, expanding Atlantis, its history and its social organization. In theory, any new writer would have a lot of ressources to play with, and to expand even more.

I’ve enjoyed how Abnett has made Aquaman’s trident a powerful magic weapon again. It really should be one of the most powerful magic objects in the DCU. I hate when it’s just portrayed as just a glorified pitchfork.

While Rocha’s art has been nice I don’t like how he draws Arthur. I like the Aquabeard but I hate it when bearded Arthur is drawn super grizzled. Almost looking like Gandolf. Aquaman should still have the semi-youthful handsome face, but just with a beard. A lot of artists immediately make him look like an old biker once he gets the beard. Sejic drew a perfect Aquaman. But then again all of his work is brilliant.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-21-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yeah, Abnett may have nerfed Arthur a little too much, but aside from his Rath story going too long his run have been really good. Hope Riccardo Federici continue on Aquaman, his art fit the tittle very well, especially on the underwater kind of medieval Atlantis.
    I agree. The Rath storyline has gone on a little too long but I have liked what Abnett has done with Aquaman & co. I hope whichever writer comes next continues with the world-building and character development.
    Last edited by nj06; 04-22-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Invincible Member

I've been enjoying the title but I definitely feel this story is kind of dragging on too long.

I also agree that Abnett did make Aquaman seem weaker than previously established. Murk should not have been able to catch Aquaman way-back-when and "kill" him.

But I do like what Abnett did with the 9th Tride. I think that has been a great idea. I also like the mutated Atlanteans and how they are perceived by the larger community.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I think that the current arc feels too long because of the passage from bimonthly to monthly. If we had had two issues a month, the story would move a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think that the current arc feels too long because of the passage from bimonthly to monthly. If we had had two issues a month, the story would move a lot faster.
    I agree. I think the whole rise and fall of Rath will read a lot better in tpbs.

As a monthly comic it drags, but I don't think it will in retrospect.

I hope the Others get to make some sort of appearance again sooner rather than later. I don't want them to fade into limbo.

Also, I wonder if Atlantis' history with Gorilla City is still canon. I like the idea of Aquaman and Gorilla Grodd, two monarchs, having a bitter rivalry. I was never excited to see Grodd vs the Flash family, but I think he works so much better as an Aquaman foe.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope the Others get to make some sort of appearance again sooner rather than later. I don't want them to fade into limbo.

Also, I wonder if Atlantis' history with Gorilla City is still canon. I like the idea of Aquaman and Gorilla Grodd, two monarchs, having a bitter rivalry. I was never excited to see Grodd vs the Flash family, but I think he works so much better as an Aquaman foe.
    Same here.

I want to see AQUAMAN AND THE OTHERS again.

Actually, with regards to Gorilla Grodd, I'd love to see all the Jeff Parker stuff keep back up to the surface. I loved every bit of it.

Hell, just bring Jeff Parker back himself!

I enjoy Parker's Future Quest stuff, but he deserves bigger DC books.