Page 198 of 200 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 2993
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yet, despite both of them appearing on TV during the '70s when I was a kid (Sub-Mariner used to appear on reruns of The Marvel Superhero Show that originally aired in the '60s when I was a toddler), Aquaman was the more popular superhero. It wasn't even close, either.

The fact is, the Aquaman jokes came years later when people started taking his appearances on Super Friends out of context. Fortunately for Namor, Marvel didn't have any shows airing on Saturday mornings at the same time Super Friends was on, since he would have been viewed decades later as just as lame. The reason is due to Action for Children's Television, which pressured the networks to tone down what most of kids back then liked about cartoons.
    The sad thing is, they were all pretty lame. I mean i love the series for nostalgia purposes, but aside from that, they all came off pretty bad. I remember an episode where all the Super Friends powers were taken away, and in the episode Batman and Robin could no longer use their utility belts... i mean really...wtf. So, not sure why Aquaman got singled out. Just seemed to be a joke that got started and everyone ran with it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    The sad thing is, they were all pretty lame. I mean i love the series for nostalgia purposes, but aside from that, they all came off pretty bad. I remember an episode where all the Super Friends powers were taken away, and in the episode Batman and Robin could no longer use their utility belts... i mean really...wtf. So, not sure why Aquaman got singled out. Just seemed to be a joke that got started and everyone ran with it.
    While it was my favorite show on Saturday mornings, bar none, you're 100% right. They were all handcuffed powers-wise by the powers to be.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It was interesting trailer it be even more interesting see how well the film does.

GOOD IMAGE..

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    It was interesting trailer it be even more interesting see how well the film does.
    BLACK MANTA WAS AWESOME IN THE TRAILER.

Based Ivan Reis .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Aqualad better be in this upcoming Aquaman crossover/event.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Aqualad better be in this upcoming Aquaman crossover/event.
    Well, Tempest is at least in the Titans tie-in.

Fantastic Member

The recent Edelweiss solicitations listed Aquaman vol. 7 as collecting issues 43-48, written by Dan Abnett. Unless that is incorrect, it seems like we won't be seeing Kelly Sue DeConnick on the title for a while.

Also, given that tomorrow is the release of issue 38, I wonder if the series is going to start shipping twice monthly again. Otherwise, I'm not sure that many issues can be released in time for the trade to come out.

The movie looks bleh in the way most modern blockbusters look bleh but I still will go see it....I owe it to Aquaman as one of the comic heroes who have consistently been my must read/favorites.

Aquaman trailer trended in the number1 spot all day yesterday and is still trending today. I'm almost feleing proud

Incredible Member

Honestly, I'm surprised no one's going crazy that the flick will be featuring that we'll be seeing friggin' sharks with guns in the flick.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised no one's going crazy that the flick will be featuring that we'll be seeing friggin' sharks with guns in the flick.
    "Frickin' sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads!"
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You never read ANY Aquaman??!! Do yourself a flavor and run out to ebay and pick up all of the PAD/LARSEN/JURGENS Aquaman as well as the Joe Kelly JLA trades. Do it now
    Maybe skip the Larsen run...…
    I wanted to like it, but God I hated it!!
    Jurgens did a stellar job after him though.
    Geoff Johns' run was also top shelf, and Morrison had a nice handle on Arthur anytime he was highlighted in JLA.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Will Aquaman Get Married to Mera Before Dan Abnett Leaves?: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...abnett-leaves/

Aquaman Comic to Be Momoa-ized With the Coming of Kelly Sue DeConnick and Robson Rocha?: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...-robson-rocha/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Will Aquaman Get Married to Mera Before Dan Abnett Leaves?: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...abnett-leaves/

Aquaman Comic to Be Momoa-ized With the Coming of Kelly Sue DeConnick and Robson Rocha?: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...-robson-rocha/
    Please DON’T Momoaize him. Changing comic characters to match their movie counterparts is so annoying. Movies and tv shows don’t sell comics. Don’t water down our characters in the books since they already have to be in tv shows and movies.