Page 51 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I love how Aquaman was in their every week during Convergence.

Flashpoint Aquaman
    Post Crisis Aquaman
    COIE Aquaman
    Aquaman 1 Mil

Hope he remains prominent in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I love how Aquaman was in their every week during Convergence.

Flashpoint Aquaman
    Post Crisis Aquaman
    COIE Aquaman
    Aquaman 1 Mil

Hope he remains prominent in the DCU.
    Seems to be...they did describe AM movie as a 'tentpole' movie
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Styder24 View Post
    James Wan's Twitter
    Oh my God! Should we take this to mean he might be doing some kind of H.P. Lovecraft, Cthulhu-esque things with the movie?

That will be so amazing if he does.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Oh my God! Should we take this to mean he might be doing some kind of H.P. Lovecraft, Cthulhu-esque things with the movie?

That will be so amazing if he does.

At the very least we should expect to see Toro somewhere down the line, and the Trench could be considered "cthulu-esq" in a very very basic/touching the peak of the iceberg level.

Aquaman is an excellent area to go Cthulhu and see some Lovecraftian craziness. As said, the Trench could be seen as a bit like the Deep Ones and the Justice League cartoon put in a Lovecraftian entity named Icthultu that was partly responsible for the sinking of Atlantis. Plus, a number of villains that Arthur fought in the past were quite monstrous in form... the Creature King/Chimera, Tyros and Kordax to name a few. Also, the Throne of Atlantis movie had a very Cthulhu like sea monster worshipped by the Trench. Not saying they should go for that kind of horror but parts of it might make Arthur's world more distinctive and unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, they've been working Lovecraftian elements into Aquaman for some time now, so it follows that there may be some in the movie, as well.

I'm pretty sure they won't go "full Lovecraft" in the movie, though. Jason Momoa said one of the biggest reasons why he took the Aquaman gig is so he could make a movie that his kids could watch, since most of his stuff is VERY "R/NC-17/M" rated. Going "full Lovecraft" would probably defeat that purpose.

Either way, it's nice to know that Wan's a fan of the classics.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

From JLA #1:

This scene was wunderbar, Aquaman telling United Nations their pact (trojan horse for American global dominance) is nothing but lies is for me personally going to be one of the best comic moments of 2015. Highly relevant scene that echoes the Ultimates, bravo Hitch! We definitely need something like this in the movies.
    Last edited by Drz; 06-17-2015 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    From JLA #1:

This scene was wunderbar, Aquaman telling United Nations their pact (trojan horse for American global dominance) is nothing but lies is for me personally going to be one of the best comic moments of 2015. Highly relevant scene that echoes the Ultimates, bravo Hitch! We definitely need something like this in the movies.
    This looks interesting. I like it when Aquaman flexes his political muscles and has to put the rest of the world in its place.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Salivating at the prospect of recent news. Good direction is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    Too Cool!...thanks for sharing.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    From JLA #1:

It also establishes that Atlantis is indeed beyond then rest of the world in terms of development and that there is nothing they could provide that Atlantis would want. As well as Arthur seeing through the BS that they are clearly intimidated by Atlantis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    It also establishes that Atlantis is indeed beyond then rest of the world in terms of development and that there is nothing they could provide that Atlantis would want. As well as Arthur seeing through the BS that they are clearly intimidated by Atlantis.
    Yeah I love it!

McCarthy's Aquaman design options:

The fourth look is my favorite of those. I wish they would have went with that look or just change the color of the look he's going to have. I don't really like it.

This got me a little excited for Bunn's run though
    McCarthy: Yeah, love him, love the character. Not sure if his history is officially Aqualad in the current canon though. Only time will tell but I think the part Cullen has him playing in our story is great and I’m fairly positive that DC has some other, bigger, far-reaching plans for him too, now that he is back in the DCU canon fold.

I just read Aquaman #41 and I really liked it. The art was good and I like this new look for Aquaman. I'm going to miss his former costume, but I think I will get used to his new look quickly. I also like his new weapon. I like seeing it being able to switch between sword and trident, as well as the new abilities it gives him.

I think Bunn really captured Aquaman well and this new "threat" to Atlantis and the world seems as if it will provide for some nice character development for both Aquaman and Mera.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member

I thought issue 41 was average. Arthur trying to be funny with Mera came off as forced. His doesn't need to try in order to make her smile. Never has.

I don't feel as if we even really learned much. Aside from that there is an invasion of sorts coming. I'm not liking the nss look for him, but I assume its temporary.