Page 52 of 200 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So, do we have an explanation yet for why Mera wants Arthur dead and is willing to allow Atlantean troops to slaughter civilians in order to pursue this goal?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    So, do we have an explanation yet for why Mera wants Arthur dead and is willing to allow Atlantean troops to slaughter civilians in order to pursue this goal?
    Nope.

10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    From JLA #1:

This scene was wunderbar, Aquaman telling United Nations their pact (trojan horse for American global dominance) is nothing but lies is for me personally going to be one of the best comic moments of 2015. Highly relevant scene that echoes the Ultimates, bravo Hitch! We definitely need something like this in the movies.
    That doesn't make any sense. DCAU Aquaman I could see saying this (in fact he basically did once) but New 52 Arthur isn't even remotely this nationalist about Atlantis. He rules out of obligation to make sure a bad guy doesn't.

Wasn't he already on the outs with Atlantis by the time the Justice League formed as well? He certainly was after the five year time-skip.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. DCAU Aquaman I could see saying this (in fact he basically did once) but New 52 Arthur isn't even remotely this nationalist about Atlantis. He rules out of obligation to make sure a bad guy doesn't.
    I thought the same. The next time he appeared in Atlantis his dialogue was messed up. Arthur does not refer to himself in third person.

BANNED

Really digging Aquaman's new Trident not really one of those guys who like unnecessary change but here so far Im digging this. In all fairness its quite simulated to Injustice where the trident can call forth lightning and attack from a distance opening a pool of water. Maybe in Injustice 2 he can change weapons like Wonder Woman and use his enchanted blade.

My only complaint is the costume not big on the chestpiece think theres so many forms of Orange that could of been used. Maybe Bronze which is a form of Orange in a way Im hoping the costume doesn't last longer then the arc.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The film should borrow a ton from Lovecraftian mythos, for its threats.

Been thinking lately, Arthur is kind of the odd one out in the Justice League, he isn't really close to anyone on the team. I mean there is Clark and Bruce, Diana and Clark, Hal and Barry, Vic and Billy, but what about Arthur? He is a senior member of the team for sure, but it would be nice to see him interacting more with his teammates.

There has been a couple nice stories, since the New 52 started: The Aquaman teamup issue of Batman & Robin, and I really enjoyed the Aquaman Annual with Diana (Mera and Diana also had a badass team up!), would love to see more of this sort of thing. I think Arthur and Diana could have a great friendship, also Superman and Flash I could see him getting along well with.

What do you guys think? Who would you like to see Arthur hanging out with from the Justice League?
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Been thinking lately, Arthur is kind of the odd one out in the Justice League, he isn't really close to anyone on the team. I mean there is Clark and Bruce, Diana and Clark, Hal and Barry, Vic and Billy, but what about Arthur? He is a senior member of the team for sure, but it would be nice to see him interacting more with his teammates.

There has been a couple nice stories, since the New 52 started: The Aquaman teamup issue of Batman & Robin, and I really enjoyed the Aquaman Annual with Diana (Mera and Diana also had a badass team up!), would love to see more of this sort of thing. I think Arthur and Diana could have a great friendship, also Superman and Flash I could see him getting along well with.

What do you guys think? Who would you like to see Arthur hanging out with from the Justice League?
    Flash. Arthur's always a pretty serious guy with a lot on his plate, so I'd like to see that mixed with Barry's positivity. I could see Arthur finding Barry's nerdiness entertaining and easy to be around. Maybe there are some movies or tv shows that Arthur used to watch (before he went to Atlantis) that Barry's a huge nerd about, and perhaps being around Barry, Arthur gets more in touch with his human side.

I could also see him gravitating towards Diana since they're both the 'outsiders' of the league.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 06-30-2015 at 08:53 AM.

My current opinion of John Romita Jr. and his statements on the Superman franchise aside, his writing of the team together in Superman #40 was really nice in how it had all of them (sans Hal) interacting with each other as friends and coworkers which is something we don't really get that much these days, even in Justice League. Particularly that scene of them, including Arthur, out of costume hanging out at a bar.

I do think we could explore Arthur's dynamics and relationship with the rest of the team more. We got some of that with Batman in the the first few arcs and Thrones of Atlantis, as well as the Batman and Robin issues, and we had him working with Diana in the annual. But it would be cool to see him interact more with Barry, Vic, Clark, and Hal .

I would like to see Aquaman and Wonder Woman interact with each other more. They are both royalty and represent two of my favorite DC societies with the Amazons and Atlantis. I would love to see a storyline with Wonder Woman teaming up with Aquaman (and Mera) which also features the history between Themyscira and Atlantis.

I would like to see more Aquaman and Cyborg as well. I just like the idea of them teaming up together as I feel like they would get along well. I would like to see Cyborg using some Atlantean tech seeing how it compares to his own.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

If anything, they should develop a friendship between the two. We kind of have sub-groupings in the League like Batman/Superman and GL/Flash so Arthur and Diana beING friends could kind of work. Also more adventures would be nice with the two of them... through Arthur, we could get Clea introduced and her being a Diana rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

A good relationship b/w Diana and Arthur would also solidify the relationship between Paradise Island and Atlantis (I would love to see more interaction on a kingdom level).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    A good relationship b/w Diana and Arthur would also solidify the relationship between Paradise Island and Atlantis (I would love to see more interaction on a kingdom level).
    I agree. I would love to see more interaction between Themyscira and Atlantis as well. Perhaps they could enter into some sort of trade agreement of some sort.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I remember pre Nu52 Arthur and Bruce were pretty close. Standout moments for me were the time where Arthur was joking about Bruce having a gf and the time where Bruce made him do all these meaningless tasks just because he wanted to hang out with him. I feel it's carried over a bit with, like you said, the team up issue and even during ToA where Bruce was one of the first to come to the defense of Arthur. It's more of a quiet relationship.

Aquaman/WW interaction is always fun. I always felt with their respective mythologies they would gravitate towards each other more. I'd also love to see him interact with Zatanna more. With all the magic of Atlantis I'm shocked he's never had her come around more often. And I could see him getting along with Vic.