Page 55 of 200 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

I like Garth's new look and the inclusion of blue over the red. However it seems as if his facial tattoo is already gone. I like the look of his staff and I wonder what other abilities he may have. I hope he becomes an important member of the Aquaman family again as well as a greater character in the greater DC Universe.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Aquaman and Mera have looked weird in art in everything they appeared in July.

The Aquaman title has bad art in general
    Mera looked grotesque in JLU
    Aquaman's poses in JLA are weird.

That being said Im curios to where the story is going in Aquaman and JLU, and am interested in finding out how Aquaman reacts when its made evident thay Rao and the Kryptonians are hostile.

Im a bit disappointed we haven't seen Aquaman do anything in the main JL title after Convergence which to me feels like the title now is just Trinity focused alongside Lex and maybe every once in awhile another member will chip in.

Same. We haven't seen Aquaman do really anything of significance since before the Amazo Virus arc. It's really too bad. I also agree, it feels like Johns is just using the Trinity and Lex. Oh well, hopefully it'll change soon, but I definitely feel you there. And about the art? Definitely agree.

BANNED

The fact Garth is going to be in Titans Hunt already gives me hope that he'll play a big role in the DC Universe its always bothered me how much of a underdog Garth was and how he was the member of the Fab 5 that got the least exposure in the Teen Titans/Titans comics I hope they give him a prominent role and I think it would be cool if instead of giving him the same abilities as Aquaman while he's Aqualad Id rather see him have minor magical/mystic abilities that get upgraded when he progresses to Tempest.

Ive been wanting a 2nd Aquaman series as well a actual good one and one of my ideas for one includes Garth.

The Drift ( Garth joins Tula's Atlantean group carrying out missions that the royal family entrust them to)
    Mera (Think this should start if at all in the form ofa miniseries to test the water if you will)
    Adventure Comics (Favorite idea in all honesty a title that could change in tone light or dark toned in some issues with Aquaman adventuring through the DC Universe whether battling or teaming up with friends and foes.)

BANNED

I think Johns is a talented writer but in my opinion he excels better in solo titles then he does team books. I have been enjoying JL though and I might just be a bit disappointed with the lack of Aquaman and Flash.

Matt Damon pondering Aquaman in his new movie, The Martian: "How come Aquaman can control Whales? Whales are mammals."

When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

What's that on his face? Is that the new tattoo design? It looks terrible.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post

What's that on his face? Is that the new tattoo design? It looks terrible.
    I don't think he has it anymore. In the most recent issue of Aquaman, he didn't have any facial tattoos.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Same. We haven't seen Aquaman do really anything of significance since before the Amazo Virus arc. It's really too bad. I also agree, it feels like Johns is just using the Trinity and Lex. Oh well, hopefully it'll change soon, but I definitely feel you there. And about the art? Definitely agree.
    Agreed.

I thought McCarthy's art would grow on me but ever since I saw the full version of that god awful design it's just gone downhill. There will be a few panel here and there I enjoy but overall? Meh.

Hi folks I'm new to the forum and I've only really posted in the Green Lantern part of the forums, I haven't read any Aquaman comics and I'm looking for any advice you guys could give on what to go for? I'm open to anything and everything, I prefer the typical TB form but any stories worth reading; any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BANNED

Morrison's JLA and Geoff John's Aquaman and JL are good places to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Morrison's JLA and Geoff John's Aquaman and JL are good places to start.
    Awesome thanks mate, appreciate the response. Yeah I've seen Geoff Johns issues pop up with Aquaman and seen its received a lot of praise, I've read a fair amount of Johns stuff for the Green Lantern, and its pretty epic, I will definitely check out his Aquaman issues out now for sure, can I ask do you have recommended stories or just start from Volume 1 and work that way? Once again, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Awesome thanks mate, appreciate the response. Yeah I've seen Geoff Johns issues pop up with Aquaman and seen its received a lot of praise, I've read a fair amount of Johns stuff for the Green Lantern, and its pretty epic, I will definitely check out his Aquaman issues out now for sure, can I ask do you have recommended stories or just start from Volume 1 and work that way? Once again, thanks.
    Yep I'd say start with Volume One 'The Trench' and Volume Two 'The Others' ... they're both very exciting stories with wonderful artwork!

Looks like Aquaman is gonna play a big part in Batman/Superman #24.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Yep I'd say start with Volume One 'The Trench' and Volume Two 'The Others' ... they're both very exciting stories with wonderful artwork!
    Awesome thanks man, will do!