Page 6 of 200 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I wanted to throw out an idea and see if anyone else agreed with it: I've thought recently that it'd be kind of cool if Aquaman were to be tied into the Animal/Swamp Thing saga as an Avatar of the Blue. I mean, I imagine that ship has sailed now ("Hey Alec, did you know there was a fourth faction that we'd never bothered to mention before?") but it's still something that'd be interesting. I think.

Fantastic Member

Nice to see Aquaman getting so much attention . I only collected volume 1 series( 1962) and really enjoyed it . Never thought he got the credit he diserved . Might have to look into reading current trays .

Quote Originally Posted by The Conductor View Post
    I wanted to throw out an idea and see if anyone else agreed with it: I've thought recently that it'd be kind of cool if Aquaman were to be tied into the Animal/Swamp Thing saga as an Avatar of the Blue. I mean, I imagine that ship has sailed now ("Hey Alec, did you know there was a fourth faction that we'd never bothered to mention before?") but it's still something that'd be interesting. I think.
    What would Avatar of the Blue allow him to do though? The Red is for fauna, the Green is for flora, the Grey is for fungi (I think), and the Rot is the death/decay of living things. If Aquaman became avatar of the Blue, what would that entail? I would like for him to (re)develop his connection to the Clear and bring back his telepathy. Instead of the water-hand, I wouldn't mind if he had some sort of glove or bracelet that gives him similar abilities. This can add to his skill set but not make him over-powered because it can still be removed.

Also, more trident please:

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Aquaman using a trident and seeing him carry it around all the time. However, its grown on me and I like seeing him with it and using it as his signature weapon. I look forward to learning more about its history and abilities.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Thought I'd jump in and show my appreciation for the King of the Seas. Aquaman has the best and most interesting supporting cast/villains in my opinion. He deserves far more respect than he gets. And yes, Mera is the best female character in all of comics.

They need to bring back Topo!
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    Thought I'd jump in and show my appreciation for the King of the Seas. Aquaman has the best and most interesting supporting cast/villains in my opinion. He deserves far more respect than he gets. And yes, Mera is the best female character in all of comics.
    Couldn't agree with you more. The new 52 is perfect to introduce new people to his cast and villains, especially those who didn't appreciate Aquaman. Now he's considered one of the most powerful heroes in the DC universe! And yes, Mera is the best female hero of all comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    If there was one person I would want, it would be Charlie Hunnam. I think he would be the perfect Aquaman
    That would be my choice. God, I hope they make an Aquaman movie based off the first 13 issues of the current run. Leave out the Others, though. It would be too many characters between Aquaman, Mera, Dr. Shin, Black Manta and the Trench monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuTreachery View Post
    That would be my choice. God, I hope they make an Aquaman movie based off the first 13 issues of the current run. Leave out the Others, though. It would be too many characters between Aquaman, Mera, Dr. Shin, Black Manta and the Trench monsters.
    I think the Trench would be a great idea. However, I think the Others storyline could be a good idea minus the Others lol. Have Manta going have the Atlantean relics but it's just Aquaman and Mera going after him perhaps. I think the best story arc they could use would be Throne of Atlantis. I really want an Aquaman movie too and I'm sure they'd consider one in the future after Justice League, they just need to see how well JL does.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    They need to bring back Topo!
    They already did:

Aquaman06.jpg

If an Aquaman movie did get made I would LOOOOOVE for Guillermo Del Toro to take the reigns. He did fantastic on Pacific Rim(a kind of water based movie) and his eye for creating terrifying creatures would be great for the undersea monsters Arthur faces. I wouldn't mind a mix of the trench/Throne of Atlantis storyline.

I just know that if DC does do it they have to put a lot of thought into it as an Aquaman movie would be super expensive. Bringing water to film is NOT cheap so they have to make sure they have the best kind of story with good promo. Otherwise people will just say "oh i don't want to see a movie about a guy talking to fish". The scene where he takes the truck down with his trident should definitely be incorporated into a film.

I really want to learn more about Atlantis and the Atlanteans. I hope the upcoming storyline really gets to flesh out the undersea civilizations and help expand the DCnU. I also want the Atlanteans to be portrayed consistently as a competent people and not get jobbed out.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    If an Aquaman movie did get made I would LOOOOOVE for Guillermo Del Toro to take the reigns. He did fantastic on Pacific Rim(a kind of water based movie) and his eye for creating terrifying creatures would be great for the undersea monsters Arthur faces. I wouldn't mind a mix of the trench/Throne of Atlantis storyline.

I just know that if DC does do it they have to put a lot of thought into it as an Aquaman movie would be super expensive. Bringing water to film is NOT cheap so they have to make sure they have the best kind of story with good promo. Otherwise people will just say "oh i don't want to see a movie about a guy talking to fish". The scene where he takes the truck down with his trident should definitely be incorporated into a film.

That's very true, it would be very expensive, but they could make it more like the Trench where he is living in Amnesty Bay, and we only get shots of Atlantis when Orm is preparing his attack and deciding whether or not to attack the surface world. The majority of the film could be on the surface. But yes, water is expensive so, they'd have to be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Also, more trident please:
    I 2nd this. The trident serves multiple purposes. First and foremost its an iconic image, like WW's lasso or Batman's utility belt. It's becoming a must include peace of gear for Arthur, and that's awesome. And second it's a power bump, because it's damage output is sort of unknown at this point; but it's safe to assume that it can hurt other powerful metahuman bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    They already did:

Aquaman06.jpg
    Hoo-ray! Topo!
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!