Page 7 of 200 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    If an Aquaman movie did get made I would LOOOOOVE for Guillermo Del Toro to take the reigns. He did fantastic on Pacific Rim(a kind of water based movie) and his eye for creating terrifying creatures would be great for the undersea monsters Arthur faces. I wouldn't mind a mix of the trench/Throne of Atlantis storyline.

I just know that if DC does do it they have to put a lot of thought into it as an Aquaman movie would be super expensive. Bringing water to film is NOT cheap so they have to make sure they have the best kind of story with good promo. Otherwise people will just say "oh i don't want to see a movie about a guy talking to fish". The scene where he takes the truck down with his trident should definitely be incorporated into a film.
    I agree about the choice of Guillermo Del Toro for Director. He would be perfect for this kind of movie.

An Aquaman movie needs to be a family movie with Arthur, Mera, Garth, Kaldur and Lorena. Sort of like the Incredibles but a little bit more mature with the right balance of seriousness and fun. It needs to have a sense of optimism to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    I 2nd this. The trident serves multiple purposes. First and foremost its an iconic image, like WW's lasso or Batman's utility belt. It's becoming a must include peace of gear for Arthur, and that's awesome. And second it's a power bump, because it's damage output is sort of unknown at this point; but it's safe to assume that it can hurt other powerful metahuman bricks.
    I agree. I think the trident really helps play up the fact that Aquaman is of royal birth and helps add to his status as King of Atlantis. Its unique to him and that's why I like it. Hopefully we will learn more about it.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Animated Universe News:

We already know that Aquaman is getting an animated feature film (hinted at the end of JL: War - Spoilers for those of you who have not seen it!).

Most people (including me) guessed that they were going to adapt the Throne of Atlantis storyline. Newsarama has reported that the film will also contain an origin for Aquaman. He will most likely start out as a human being (not knowing his connection to Atlantis, but will learn about it later on).

So, they are planning combine an Aquaman origin with a Throne of Atlantis storyline (which sounds awesome).

DC definitely seems to be putting more effort into other characters, not just Batman and Superman. I think AM getting an animated movie (focused on him) will probably be the first step to an Aquaman live action movie...what do you think guys?

Is there any chance that DC/WB is developing an AM movie?

Source: http://www.newsarama.com/21151-aquam...igin-film.html
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Animated Universe News:

We already know that Aquaman is getting an animated feature film (hinted at the end of JL: War - Spoilers for those of you who have not seen it!).

Most people (including me) guessed that they were going to adapt the Throne of Atlantis storyline. Newsarama has reported that the film will also contain an origin for Aquaman. He will most likely start out as a human being (not knowing his connection to Atlantis, but will learn about it later on).

So, they are planning combine an Aquaman origin with a Throne of Atlantis storyline (which sounds awesome).

DC definitely seems to be putting more effort into other characters, not just Batman and Superman. I think AM getting an animated movie (focused on him) will probably be the first step to an Aquaman live action movie...what do you think guys?

Is there any chance that DC/WB is developing an AM movie?

Source: http://www.newsarama.com/21151-aquam...igin-film.html
    An origin?

BLAH.

Origin stories can be so... lame and boring.

I would much rather just get the Throne of Atlantis storyline.

At least he is getting a featured film so I guess I won't complain too much. But... bleh.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Count me in the boat of people who want them to cut straight to Throne of Atlantis. It was one of my favorite New 52 stories thus far.

On a side note, I'm going to be getting this Mera statue once it releases. Does anyone know a good companion Aquaman statue?

Ultimate Member

The fact is, most of the GA don't know Aquaman's origin. It's not like Superman or Batman, where everyone and their grandmother knows their origin (so retelling it isn't necessary). They're going to want to do an origin story just to get the GA up to speed. Besides, you can make an origin movie interesting if you do it right. Cases in point, Iron Man, Batman Begins, and Man of Steel.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The fact is, most of the GA don't know Aquaman's origin. It's not like Superman or Batman, where everyone and their grandmother knows their origin (so retelling it isn't necessary). They're going to want to do an origin story just to get the GA up to speed. Besides, you can make an origin movie interesting if you do it right. Cases in point, Iron Man, Batman Begins, and Man of Steel.
    It doesn't have to take much time, but showing a kid who feels different and is picked on all of sudden learn he's the King of Atlantis could be powerful if done correctly. It could also humanize the character before jumping into him being a little colder of a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    When was the last good animated Origin story?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    When was the last good animated Origin story?
    All of Disney's are pretty good. You know, Mom and/or Dad die, kid/animal feels like an outcast, they rebel, then redeem. Every time.

Arthur's is pretty good. His Mom is gone, and his Dad is a loving, but love lost light keeper. He feels like he's different, but doesn't know why. He's picked on some, but then he finds out his mother was Queen of Atlantis. It doesn't have to be long - it could literally be a few scenes before they run the opening credits
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-16-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Agreed, I think they need to tell his origins because like you guys said, it isn't as well known as Batman or Superman's. It doesn't need to take too long, but I think fitting that into the Throne of Atlantis storyline would work well. And I think this is a step in the right direction for Aquaman. Hopefully it does well, which I think it will because Throne of Atlantis is considered to be one of the better storylines of the New 52 so far(It's my favorite for sure).

Yeah..like most other folks replied, most people don't really know Aquaman's origin.

Heck, until last year, I didn't know it.

I was a DC fan, but I was limited to just cartoon, tv shows and movies. I never thought I would love comic book (it was weird though..I loved reading, but reading comics sounded odd to me).

I gave it a try and found myself loving it!
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Arthur's brief appearance in Swamp Thing #31

Attachment 1269
    COOL. He will be in swamp thing #32 too.
    I've also become a greater fan of Ocean Master who I feel was a great villain during the Throne of Atlantis storyline:
    Whats this about Tula being his sister, and would that make her Aquaman's sister too?.

Futures end Aquaman
    Dig the new suit?
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-17-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Im reminded of smallville now

Justice League Flashpoint paradox animated movie Aquaman

So I'm guessing you all heard the announcement of an original, animated New 52 Aquaman movie? It's an origin story.

I really liked Aquaman's look in Flashpoint. I think the red and black really go well together and suits him. I also like the gold trim along the gloves and pants.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!