Page 9 of 200 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Jason Momoa will play Aquaman in 'Dawn Of Justice,' and we know how it will happen

So remember a few weeks ago when Jason Momoa made headlines because he said he was tired of being asked if he was going to play Aquaman in "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice"?

Well, he's totally playing Aquaman in "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice."

While Warner Bros. hasn't made that announcement officially yet, HitFix can confirm that he will be playing the part, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon.

One of the things that has driven me crazy since the release of "Man Of Steel" is when people say that the last act of the film is a problem since there's no consequences for Superman after all of the destruction that results from his battle with Zod. I felt like it was pretty clear walking out of the theater that the next film would have to be all about consequences. I suspected that Lex Luthor would use the destruction as a way of making Superman look like a monster, and it sounds like that is indeed one of the major ideas that they're playing with in "Dawn Of Justice."

Someone else who's not particularly happy about what happened in that film is Aquaman. I'm not sure if that's the actual name they'll use or not, but what we're hearing is that he is not pleased about the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean. He will not have a major role in the film, but he will make an appearance, and it definitely sets him up to return once Snyder gets to "Justice League."

So don't keep asking Momoa about the rumor. It's driving him crazy, and he's got to be sworn to secrecy. But rest assured that when "Dawn Of Justice" arrives in theaters in 2016, we're going to see the king of Atlantis onscreen, and Vinnie Chase will have nothing to do with it at all.

"Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice" arrives in theaters May 6, 2016.
    Source: HitFlix
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I'm happy Aquaman is in it! Jason Momoa could be good though I've only seen him in GoT so hopefully it's great!

Eh, I'll still wait on an official annoucement from Warner Bros. before I definitely believe it. But ew.

Extraordinary Member

I'm hoping we get the most badass Aquaman.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wish that they would bring back some of the other undersea kingdoms that they had in the past. Places like Tritonis, Shayeris, Hy-Brasil, Thierna Na Oge, Lemuria, and Maarzon. That was one of the big things I liked about Peter Davids run was that he used all the forgotten Atlantis citys and outposts.

I would love to see characters like King Aqula, Queen Nuada Silverhand, and even King Noble of the Lurkers appear again to really give more scope to just how many different races live beneath the ocean. Atlantis is fine and all but there is just so much more down there.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm hoping we get the most badass Aquaman.
    If by "badass" you mean Kal Drogo dripping in gold accessories and sporting bad blond highlights, you might get your wish...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I wish that they would bring back some of the other undersea kingdoms that they had in the past. Places like Tritonis, Shayeris, Hy-Brasil, Thierna Na Oge, Lemuria, and Maarzon. That was one of the big things I liked about Peter Davids run was that he used all the forgotten Atlantis citys and outposts.

I would love to see characters like King Aqula, Queen Nuada Silverhand, and even King Noble of the Lurkers appear again to really give more scope to just how many different races live beneath the ocean. Atlantis is fine and all but there is just so much more down there.
    I agree 100%. I would love for other undersea charcaters, civilizations, and races to be introduced and explored further. I feel like there is a ton of potential with this concept and hope to see it touched on in the series.

Also, here is some Aquaman fan art:

by daniel govar
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

There were rumors when Jason Momoa was first cast for the film that he might be playing Hawkman. Personally, I thought that would've been pretty awesome casting. This could be cool, too, though. I just hope they make his hair blond. It's an integral part of Aquaman's origin, as far as I'm concerned.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Ultimate Member

I couldn't care less what his hair color is. It's irrelevant. I don't care that James Bond had blonde hair, or that Lois Lane has red hair, etc. Plus, I'd rather that he just use his natural hair color than have to wear a hideous looking wig/get a bad bleach job.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Personally I was a fan of King Shark in the YJ comic being king of a city that was named after him. I'd like that to be added too

BANNED

Momoa there goes my pants...

he is just so badass...aquaman will be kicking butts

Incredible Member

I always thought that Momoa would make for a better Lobo myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Eh, I'll still wait on an official annoucement from Warner Bros. before I definitely believe it. But ew.
    Variety just confirmed it: Momoa *is* playing Aquaman...

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ja...an-1201221554/

I really thought he wasn't playing Aquaman. Damn.

Well, I'm cool with the choice. And it pretty much shoots down any chance of Aquaman being portrayed as a useless wimp.

Get ready for a live action Aquaman who looks like this...

And the more I look at Ivan Reis's Aquaman, the more I can see Momoa playing him.

Cool Jason Momoa posts a pic of himself with a "trident"

And here's a pic Momoa posted on Instagram after he was asked about whether or not he was Aquaman (again)...

http://www.ign.com/Jason-Momoa-posts-an-instagram-photo-with-Aquaman-like-trident

Hah!