Page 97 of 200 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2993

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    A couple of the Sub Diego era books are still available. I think these are reprints actually. They are 'Sub Diego' by Will Pfeifer (#15 to #22 of the series) and 'To Serve & Protect' by John Arcudi (#23 to #29 I think).

I'm not sure where in the world you reside. These links are for the American Amazon. They'd be no good to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquaman-Sub-D...Y0FS7KXG2MR9NY

https://www.amazon.com/Aquaman-Serve...PCHD3SRBWV7A89

You might be able to pick up a couple of the others also. It's just a case of digging (and not paying over the odds).
    I'm in the huge metropolis of Elkhorn, Wisconsin. Population 9,000. Thanks for the info, you've been a great help!!

With Rebirth changing the DCU a bit, do you think that Orm will keep his DCnU 52 origin and look? I certainly hope he does as I feel that this is the best version of him.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I doubt they will change it. Aquaman is the one character who benefited most from N52 and Throne of Atlantis was the most popular story in the era. They won't touch it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I also don't see Abnett or DC as a whole changing Ocean Master very much.

Rebirth seems to be keeping what worked with the New 52, which includes Aquaman, while removing what didn't and bringing in some fan-favorite Post-Crisis elements.

I also don't see Johns allowing DC to do away with all the work he did on Orm.

I know this is an Aquman thread but it has to do with his mythos so I'm wondering, could someone summarize in a paragraph Mera's personality/character traits? I'm trying to form an idea of her from all the appearances I've read with Aquaman/or without but I'm wondering if an Aquaman fan has a better perspective? Thanks so much in advance if anyone does this!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I certainly hope they won't change Orm's origin. As others have said: Aquaman's mythos benefitted greatly from the New 52 (one of the few mythoi who can say that.)

I love what they did with Orm. I love how complex they made him. Heck, I like the fact that you could make an argument that he wasn't even really a villain. The most villainous thing he did was invade the surface world. Yeah, that was bad, but he was a king and his people had just been attacked and killed. It's his job to protect his people, and he had every reason to believe that the surface world had drawn first blood. His people cried out for their king to answer this unprovoked attack, and answer it he did. The worst thing you can say about him is that he should've at least tried to speak with Arthur about it first. He should have some understanding that the surface world isn't a unified nation and the entire surface world did not attack him.

Easy enough for us to say all of this, but as a king in a crisis situation, he didn't have the luxury of looking weak and indecisive in the eyes of his people. The fact that AFTER Throne of Atlantis, he was seen coming to the aid of a surface world woman and her son proves that Orm is not a monster. He's a hero in his own right. He's just a hero who's priorities don't always mesh with the priorities of the heroes of the surface world.

I want to see all of this stuff continue. I want to see Orm just like his New 52 portrayal in the DCEU as well. Such a great, complex character will be well-received and you can do so many great stories with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I know this is an Aquman thread but it has to do with his mythos so I'm wondering, could someone summarize in a paragraph Mera's personality/character traits? I'm trying to form an idea of her from all the appearances I've read with Aquaman/or without but I'm wondering if an Aquaman fan has a better perspective? Thanks so much in advance if anyone does this!
    Not to worry. We've long ago established that this is as much a Mera Appreciation Thread as it is an Aquaman Appreciation Thread! Mera discussions are always welcome here.

Mera's a fairly standard warrior-queen personality: she's strong, tough, independent, and passionate about her convictions. She originally came to Atlantis as an assassin for the Xebellian rebels that were imprisoned by the Atlanteans long ago. She was originally here to kill Arthur. Instead, she realized he was a hero and a good man who didn't deserve to die, so she fell in love with him and completely abandoned her people's cause. Even going so far as to defend Arthur from other Xebellians (including her own sister) on many occasions.

Mera and Diana are a lot alike, which is why they've been portrayed as good friends many times. They both care about their people and they are both capable of being quite compassionate. Mera is, perhaps, a little more hot-headed than Diana. That's probably the big difference between them. They're both strong, regal women who fight passionately for their causes. Mera is slightly more aggressive and pragmatic than Diana.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I feel like Mera has an actual appreciation thread that's just fallen by the wayside but I could be wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Not to worry. We've long ago established that this is as much a Mera Appreciation Thread as it is an Aquaman Appreciation Thread! Mera discussions are always welcome here.

Mera's a fairly standard warrior-queen personality: she's strong, tough, independent, and passionate about her convictions. She originally came to Atlantis as an assassin for the Xebellian rebels that were imprisoned by the Atlanteans long ago. She was originally here to kill Arthur. Instead, she realized he was a hero and a good man who didn't deserve to die, so she fell in love with him and completely abandoned her people's cause. Even going so far as to defend Arthur from other Xebellians (including her own sister) on many occasions.

Mera and Diana are a lot alike, which is why they've been portrayed as good friends many times. They both care about their people and they are both capable of being quite compassionate. Mera is, perhaps, a little more hot-headed than Diana. That's probably the big difference between them. They're both strong, regal women who fight passionately for their causes. Mera is slightly more aggressive and pragmatic than Diana.
    Thank you. Also, I tried searching but I couldn't find the Mera thread, maybe cause I didn't search every inch of the place? I don't know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I want to hope it's Tula, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Atlanna in a flashback (or maybe she's still alive and serving in Altantis?)

I actually wonder who they might cast as Tom Curry?

Incredible Member

While I've been a big fan of Tula who's gone beyond being the "one who died", I'm guessing it'll be Atlanna in a flashback to Aquaman's parents meeting. But with the announcement this week about Patrick Wilson being cast as Orm, maybe Tula will have a small role in the flick as leader of the Atalntean special forces, the Drift.

BANNED

Yeah I was thinking Atlanna and Tula are the safest choices. I'm hoping we get some forms of backstory and in comes Atlanna, and one my big hopes is that we can get Tula and Garth in the movie at least as members of the Atlantean military or something.

Seeing Tula and Orm interact comes off as a treat to me in the comics, given their connection. So I expect a lot from the relationships Orm has with his siblings on screen.

They'd all be cool, I struggle to see how Hila/Siren could be used in the first film, unless we get Mera flashbacks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to hope it's Tula, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Atlanna in a flashback (or maybe she's still alive and serving in Altantis?)

I actually wonder who they might cast as Tom Curry
    ?
    From the casting of Momoa I assumed that his father would be the Non-white/Islander maybe part of the equation, so I'm curious about this as well and the direction Tom might be taken with. I'm hoping nothing extreme is done.

I kinda miss Atlanna. I wonder if we will get to see her and the people of Pacifica again when Abnett is done with the current storyline.

I also expect the surprise female to Atlanna in some flashbacks with Tom. Ack! So exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    While I've been a big fan of Tula who's gone beyond being the "one who died", I'm guessing it'll be Atlanna in a flashback to Aquaman's parents meeting. But with the announcement this week about Patrick Wilson being cast as Orm, maybe Tula will have a small role in the flick as leader of the Atalntean special forces, the Drift.
    Really? They cast him as Orm? I'm kinda 'meh' on the casting there. Wilson is an ok actor, but I never pictured him as Orm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!