Page 98 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2993

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Yeah I was thinking Atlanna and Tula are the safest choices. I'm hoping we get some forms of backstory and in comes Atlanna, and one my big hopes is that we can get Tula and Garth in the movie at least as members of the Atlantean military or something.

Seeing Tula and Orm interact comes off as a treat to me in the comics, given their connection. So I expect a lot from the relationships Orm has with his siblings on screen.

They'd all be cool, I struggle to see how Hila/Siren could be used in the first film, unless we get Mera flashbacks.
    I also hope Garth shows up at one point, if only to bolster the cast. I mean, he's not showing up in the solo book, the least he could do is pop up in the solo movie .

If we ever get into Mera's backstory, I imagine we'll see some of the Xebel villains like Siren and Nereus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also hope Garth shows up at one point, if only to bolster the cast. I mean, he's not showing up in the solo book, the least he could do is pop up in the solo movie .

If we ever get into Mera's backstory, I imagine we'll see some of the Xebel villains like Siren and Nereus.
    I want to see more of Garth, Siren, and Nereus in the Aquaman comic. I like that Garth is now appearing regularly in Titans after having to wait for so long for his return, but it would be nice to see a few adventures with just him and Arthur. I would like for Nereus and Siren to come back and take on Aquaman and Mera. I like them because they are connected to the Aquaman mythos through Mera; so they act as a great way to further the development of both Aquaman and Mera.

I also want to know what Nereus and Orm have been up to. I want to know what Orm's new perspective of the surface will be after having been imprisoned by them but also after living with that woman and her son.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Really? They cast him as Orm? I'm kinda 'meh' on the casting there. Wilson is an ok actor, but I never pictured him as Orm.
    He's worked with James Wan a lot, and as you say, he's a good actor. So I'm not surprised by this. It's interesting that he, Amber Heard, and Willem Dafoe are all White, whereas Jason Mamoa is native Hawaiian with all the tribal tattoos and stuff. I wonder if that's going to play into how they interpret the xenophobia/isolationism angle with Atlantis (if they delve into it at all that is).

TEEN TITANS #6
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by KHOI PHAM and WADE VON GRAWBADGER
    Cover by KHOI PHAM
    Variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    “THE RISE OF Aqualad” part one! New story! New city! New member? As the team adjusts to their new lives at Titans Tower, Damian investigates a series of strange disappearances in San Francisco. Meanwhile, Jackson Hyde heads west to fulfill his destiny…and finds himself in the crosshairs of the Teen Titans!
    On sale MARCH 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Thoughts?

I'm glad to have Aqualad back. I've always been torn between the Jackson version and the Kaldur version in terms of looks. I really liked the way Aqualad looked with the dreads, but the short-blonde hair eventually grew on me thanks to the YJ cartoon. Personality wise, I did like the YJ Kaldur. He was focused, cool, fierce, and heroic. I also liked the way he led the team. He already knew how to fight and had a really good grasp of his abilities. His knowledge of magic/sorcery was a nice addition as well. Jackson on the other hand still had a lot to learn. I like the idea of reading about him learn and come into his abilities, but I just liked the Kaldur personality a tad bit more. It would be nice if he appeared as a combination of both. Either way, I'm glad to have him back.

I hope that Lorena debuts soon. I don't see it happening any time soon, but I would love for her to return/debut.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I became a huge Mera fan with New 52 and it makes me miss her new 52 look. I hope with her coming to the big screen it boost her popularity and maybe she can have a bigger role in the DC universe going forward.

Also, I haven't started with Rebirth Aquaman but how does it compare to Johns and Parker's run? New 52 Aquaman was so good.

I really hope Aqualad shows up in the main book as well, if only because it feels silly to introduce a new Aqualad and not have him have any relationship with Aquaman or his supporting cast. Particularly if he's still Black Manta's son.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I became a huge Mera fan with New 52 and it makes me miss her new 52 look. I hope with her coming to the big screen it boost her popularity and maybe she can have a bigger role in the DC universe going forward.

Also, I haven't started with Rebirth Aquaman but how does it compare to Johns and Parker's run? New 52 Aquaman was so good.
    Rebirth Aquaman has been pretty good and enjoyable so far .

Strong Superhero action, plenty of Arthur/Mera, interesting new developments with Black Manta, more developing of Atlantis and the Atlantean supporting cast, political intrigue, and solid art. What more could one ask for .

Incredible Member

Aquaman has been the most consistently well written non Batman character since the beginning of The New 52 for me, except for that brief DCYou run.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Thoughts?

I'm glad to have Aqualad back. I've always been torn between the Jackson version and the Kaldur version in terms of looks. I really liked the way Aqualad looked with the dreads, but the short-blonde hair eventually grew on me thanks to the YJ cartoon. Personality wise, I did like the YJ Kaldur. He was focused, cool, fierce, and heroic. I also liked the way he led the team. He already knew how to fight and had a really good grasp of his abilities. His knowledge of magic/sorcery was a nice addition as well. Jackson on the other hand still had a lot to learn. I like the idea of reading about him learn and come into his abilities, but I just liked the Kaldur personality a tad bit more. It would be nice if he appeared as a combination of both. Either way, I'm glad to have him back.

I hope that Lorena debuts soon. I don't see it happening any time soon, but I would love for her to return/debut.
    Ugh, I miss Lorena so much. I've finally accepted the fact that she's probably never coming back which really sucks.

If Jackson doesn't show up in Aquaman it'll be a crime. Plus, it'd be nice to have the story mixed up a bit especially with the way the current run is going. Everyone is very well written but I kind of feel like I've been reading the same arc over and over again.

I don't think it's a sure thing we'll never see Lorena again.

It's not like Tula's ever used the Aquagirl title in this continuity, and probably won't at this rate, so there's a bit of an opening for Loren in the Aquaman family .

Incredible Member

With the arc in Aquaman introducing the United States' own countermeasure to Aquaman, and the Atlanteans, the Aquamarines . I wonder if this means the return of the team of scientists studying, and developing means to counter and defeat the Atlanteans if war broke out, Triton Base ? We know they screwed up things with Chimera's creation. But it would be an easy way to reintroduce Triton Base since we last saw them harassing Dr. Steven Shin to come back near the end of Jeff Parker's run.

Incredible Member

I just finished reading Aquaman #13. It's just me or suddenly Atlantis architecture became more technological? I'm pretty sure a few issues ago IT WAS ancient castles and stuff as Baz says, but a more futuristic architecture could be seen in this issue. Not that I have a problem with it, I'd like Atlantis to be a mix of ancient and futuristic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I just finished reading Aquaman #13. It's just me or suddenly Atlantis architecture became more technological? I'm pretty sure a few issues ago IT WAS ancient castles and stuff as Baz says, but a more futuristic architecture could be seen in this issue. Not that I have a problem with it, I'd like Atlantis to be a mix of ancient and futuristic.
    During the Shaggyman issues it looked more technological as well, to me atleast. The only thing I'd ever imagine to look Old World in Atlantis might be statues and maybe different districts of the nation. Other than that I'd imagine them to come off as more advanced looking in regards to architect and devices.

I wonder how much the writers have a hand in Atlantis' depictions and how much of it is on the artist?

Has the New 52-Rebirth Atlantis been fairly consistent? I think it has, but I could be wrong...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much the writers have a hand in Atlantis' depictions and how much of it is on the artist?

Has the New 52-Rebirth Atlantis been fairly consistent? I think it has, but I could be wrong...
    I think it's differed up moreso based on writer than artist.

Johns and Abnett seemed to be more sci-fi looking, especially with the latter.
    While Parker and Bunn seemed more fantasy like, which made sense given their runs mainly explores the lore and backstory of Atlantis.

Whereas Abnett focuses on the today world Atlantis and Johns was more Atlantis is there but more focus was Aquaman on land.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I so wish somebody would redesign the DCU Atlantis and make it looks as wild and wonderful as I imagine it. It always looks so boring.