All-New Member

Default Help Starting A Comic Book Store

I live in a country called Fiji located in the pacific where comic books are very very hard to find well print version of those that is. even in this boom of superhero movies no one even considered opening a comic book store maybe because they think it wont run but i have question for you guys generally what would be the run down to start off a comic book store a small one because around social media i see people asking around for comics and they don't really find it so im considering about starting off a small operation but i dont really know how to start off and what to do so any help will be greatly appreciated

First thing you would need to do is find out if a comics distributor would even ship to Fiji.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by kris.nand View Post
    I live in a country called Fiji located in the pacific where comic books are very very hard to find well print version of those that is. even in this boom of superhero movies no one even considered opening a comic book store maybe because they think it wont run but i have question for you guys generally what would be the run down to start off a comic book store a small one because around social media i see people asking around for comics and they don't really find it so im considering about starting off a small operation but i dont really know how to start off and what to do so any help will be greatly appreciated
    Try contacting Diamond, I think they deal with international stuff too. Keep an eye on your costs though, you may have to pay too much in import fees that it may not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Try contacting Diamond, I think they deal with international stuff too. Keep an eye on your costs though, you may have to pay too much in import fees that it may not be worth it.
    you can always charge more than cover price.

Take it or leave it! I'm the only shop here!!!

you will need a business plan.
    you will need a good location
    and consider having a cafe component.
    Find good workers.
    get people to pull their favorite series