Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As far as Thor planet busting goes, I recall him getting into a fight with Ego the living planet and being all "Don't push me Ego, I will end you," and then summoning a big ass energy storm that was chewing up a large chunk of the planet.

Thor was all like: "Unless you calm down, I'm going to obliterate you," and Ego backed down.

Also, you have Beta Ray Bill, a direct analogue of Thor, destroying a planet by nailing Stardust to it, taking being body slammed into the core of a planet which then explode on him and still functioning and eating a hit from Galactus which shattered the hemisphere of the planet behind him and still being alive.

Thor and dudes on his level have a big old shared history of working on a planetary scale.
    They're clearly talking about strength. Summoning a storm..or threatning too blow up a planet with a strom isnt the same

That wasnt a planet. It was a small moon and he also used an energy attack

They do not

Quote Originally Posted by King_Hellion View Post
    No it didnt. Because thor doesn't have the strength
    Gladiator busting a planet happened on panel. Gladiator KOing Thor in two punches happened on panel.

You said this:

Also what happened to if it didnt happen on panel its not accepted? You seem to have accepted all the bias rules these guys have placed upon you
    In response to this:

Thor can take a planet busting attack and keep on trucking. For Glads to ko him in a couple hits like that, he would have to be striking with planet busting force.
    At this point it seems like you're not even responding to the posts made to you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Gladiator busting a planet happened on panel. Gladiator KOing Thor in two punches happened on panel.

You said this:

In response to this:

At this point it seems like you're not even responding to the posts made to you.

Well let me make it official by ignoring any post you make in the future. You're arguing for the sake of arguing. Feel free to keep quoting my post tho

Listing a series of feats from across several years is arguing for the sake of arguing?

Look. You're new. That's fine. Everybody was new once.

I'm not going to get into the details of the actual debate in question, because I really don't feel the need.

However:
    Telling people you're going to ignore their posts (instead of just, y'know, ignoring them);
    Repeated snark and hostility;
    Dismissing others posts as "fan-wanking";
    etc.

None of this is cool.

Neither is talking about the "bias rules". We have rules for a reason. So that we can have a system of debate that actually functions. If you don't like those rules, then you have an obvious solution. If you DO want to stay, then I would politely suggest that you familiarise yourself with those rules and adhere to them.

He's not really new though, according to him. The talk about the whole arguing against the posts of "our lot" before, noting other boards, references to past arguments, being familiar with "battleboards", that kind of thing.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

They're clearly talking about strength. Summoning a storm..or threatning too blow up a planet with a strom isnt the same
    Alrighty, so the Bill stuff still works then.

That wasnt a planet. It was a small moon
    No... it was a planet. It had a small moon but the art clearly shows Bill slamming Stardust into the planet and nailing her to it with enough force to make it explode.

and he also used an energy attack
    Again, also wrong. He hit Stardust's lance with his hammer to nail it through her and the planet exploded. Let me just get a scan...

Slightly low quality as it's just on my phone but, it sure looks like a planet. Has a little moon near it and such.

They do not
    Gladiator wrecked a planet with his fists, Surfer wrecked a planet by grappling with Morg, Drax blew up a planet by hitting it, Champion subconsciously drawing on the Power Gem busted up a planet while trying to attack Thanos, Bill busted a planet by nailing Stardust to it...

Seems like a bit of a history to me.

Heck, if you want to talk durability - Thor has wandered around inside the sun without undue concern, Surfer has flown through suns without even really noticing it, Bill had the aforementioned "bodyslammed to core of a planet and it exploded on him," thing, Nova Prime has shields that took the Galactus wave that wiped multiple star systems - Marvel's low end cosmic brigade, of which Thor is one, is quite comfortable with planetary shenanigans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If this is Nova Prime, he can simply shield his team and anyone capable of spooky action at a distance can bombard away - Surfer can transform the ground into a black hole, as a "for example."

Granted, Surfer likely doesn't need the shielding, and BRB can probably manipulate the crap out of any energy they can throw, but they can literally just stand there and ignore the Z-fighters with the kind of shield Nova can throw up, given what it did to the Galactus wave.
    Another one off feat people try and pass off.

Surfer transforms the ground into a black hole and dies himself. He needed a shield to go in one and still almost died. Another instance he used one he was almost killed until transported to another dimension

Surfer gets blasted by ships and vegeta and goku are stated to make stars supernova from their fights. both thor and brb have been repeatedly hit with energy attacks that are much slower than z fighters.

He did nothing but didnt die from help of the worldmind
    Last edited by King_Hellion; 05-10-2015 at 03:51 AM.

The Surfer didn't open a singularity in Annihilation: Silver Surfer that he himself emerged from unharmed? Because.. he did. The scans for that are even in this thread since you seem to be combing through it.

As a note, it's not like the Z Fighters consider being hit with planet busting attacks something that doesn't worry them.

When Kid Buu fired off his big old planet busting attack thing, which was like... the explosion consumed an area a couple of times the size of Earth, so like... planet busting+ I guess? Anyhow, he prepped the ball and Goku and Vegeta were both like "****, we can't stop that and we'll die if we don't run from it," So it's not like they can just ignore planet busting attacks.

Hell, even more recently in the Revival of F manga, Bills fired off a big old planet busting attack at Vegeta and Goku and Goku explicitly says; "If we'd taken that head on then there'd be nothing left of us,"

So yeah, planet busting hits are still a problem for the Z fighters.

As a note, it's not like the Z Fighters consider being hit with planet busting attacks something that doesn't worry them.

When Kid Buu fired off his big old planet busting attack thing, which was like... the explosion consumed an area a couple of times the size of Earth, so like... planet busting+ I guess? Anyhow, he prepped the ball and Goku and Vegeta were both like "****, we can't stop that and we'll die if we don't run from it," So it's not like they can just ignore planet busting attacks.

Hell, even more recently in the Revival of F manga, Bills fired off a big old planet busting attack at Vegeta and Goku and Goku explicitly says; "If we'd taken that head on then there'd be nothing left of us,"

I think the main problem is.....they kinda need a planet to breathe.

A Planet Buster like Frieza couldn't make piccolo flinch.

BANNED

Lowball all you want. They have galaxy busters in the ranks

You forget the part where vegeta easily blocks buus first attempt to destroy earth. And his second attack had more power too it.

Planet busting...is galactus a planet busting only being? No? ARe there not scans in which he hits people with energy attacks that dont destroy planets or solar systems? This is the logic behind this same tired attempt at low balling.

Except Frieza was bouncing them off his body like crumbs..so there goes that theory

BANNED

Alrighty, so the Bill stuff still works then.

No... it was a planet. It had a small moon but the art clearly shows Bill slamming Stardust into the planet and nailing her to it with enough force to make it explode.

Again, also wrong. He hit Stardust's lance with his hammer to nail it through her and the planet exploded. Let me just get a scan...

Slightly low quality as it's just on my phone but, it sure looks like a planet. Has a little moon near it and such.

Gladiator wrecked a planet with his fists, Surfer wrecked a planet by grappling with Morg, Drax blew up a planet by hitting it, Champion subconsciously drawing on the Power Gem busted up a planet while trying to attack Thanos, Bill busted a planet by nailing Stardust to it...

Seems like a bit of a history to me.

Heck, if you want to talk durability - Thor has wandered around inside the sun without undue concern, Surfer has flown through suns without even really noticing it, Bill had the aforementioned "bodyslammed to core of a planet and it exploded on him," thing, Nova Prime has shields that took the Galactus wave that wiped multiple star systems - Marvel's low end cosmic brigade, of which Thor is one, is quite comfortable with planetary shenanigans.
    It does not.

It was a moon. And even if it wasn't a noon..which it was. It Clearly shows energy attack destroyed it making this argument even more pointless. But im sure it's going to be brought up 15 more times anyway.

Gladiator wrecked a planet...in one comic...decades ago. .never did again. Has shown to be considerably weaker in recent appearances since the 90s....so you all can keep ignoring that fact...but its not going to change. And repeating it won't make me change my mind. If anything it shows how desperate you all are that you need this one obsolete feat to even keep up with z fighters.

And surfer has almost been killed by the power of a Sun..and stated he didnt have enough power to effect another. thor by planet busters...but hey as long as they can resist heat
    Last edited by King_Hellion; 05-10-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Lowball all you want. They have galaxy busters in the ranks
    No they don't.

You forget the part where vegeta easily blocks buus first attempt to destroy earth. And his second attack had more power too it.
    You... seem to have not actually read my post very well. Vegeta stopped Buu's first attack - your standard planet buster - by shooting it with an energy blast. He doesn't block it with his face so that's kind of irrelevant. The second attack was stronger, which I noted in my post as being an explosion that consumed an area several times larger than the Earth. But it wasn't a star sized explosion or system buster or anything that far above planet busting.

So, what was Goku and Vegeta's reaction to that?

"Oh no, we can't stop it. We have to Instant Transmission away and let the planet be destroyed because we can't stop it,"

Planet busting...is galactus a planet busting only being? No? ARe there not scans in which he hits people with energy attacks that dont destroy planets or solar systems? This is the logic behind this same tired attempt at low balling.
    I don't follow you. Galactus not blowing up planets whenever he exerts even the merest fraction of his power is a different argument to what I'm talking about here. There's no underlying "logic" to my argument, it's a description of what happened.

To wit, when presented with a high end planet busting attack being thrown at them, Goku and Vegeta's response was to run away commenting how they couldn't do anything to stop it.

This isn't lowballing, this is factually what happened.

Except Frieza was bouncing them off his body like crumbs..so there goes that theory
    Bouncing what? Planet busters? If this is Revival of F Freiza, I'd like to see the context for that if you please.

Heck, in Battle of Gods, an angry Bills shot off small blasts in all directions and succeeded in destroying all of a cave and Goku still had to dodge them because they could hurt him. Now, I'm not saying that Bills isn't a planet, he's actually a sun buster according to Whis, but similar to what you were saying about Galactus - not every blast a Z fighter throws out is a planet buster.

It does not.

It was a moon. And even if it wasn't a noon..which it was. It Clearly shows energy attack destroyed it making this argument even more pointless. But im sure it's going to be brought up 15 more times anyway.
    Okay, if you're going to actively just... ignore the content of scans then I think this argument might not go anywhere fast.

Bill and Stardust are flying at the planet, admittedly wreathed in energy. Bill takes Stardust's spear and uses it as a nail to hammer her into the planet which promptly explodes from the force of the hit.

Like... I don't know what more I can do here. You've got the scan and you're pretending it doesn't show the things it emphatically shows.

Gladiator wrecked a planet...in one comic...decades ago. .never did again. Has shown to be considerably weaker in recent appearances since the 90s....so you all can keep ignoring that fact...but its not going to change. And repeating it won't make me change my mind. If anything it shows how desperate you all are that you need this one obsolete feat to even keep up with z fighters.
    Well, if you want to play that game, Goku has technically /never/ destroyed a planet.

If you're that committed to your arguments and beliefs about the results of the Z Fighters vs the Annihilators, why are you even here? You've been given facts and you seem to be doing your best to ignore them. If you've got nothing else to add beyond "I don't believe this," then you're not adding much of anything to the discourse.

And surfer has almost been killed by the power of a Sun..and stated he didnt have enough power to effect another. thor by planet busters...but hey as long as they can resist heat
    Surfer has flown through suns while not paying attention to them. Like he was monologing to himself about his cosmic angst, he hit a sun and flew through it and didn't even break his train of thought. Thor has likewise been fine hanging out in the sun.