Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Fight scenes to improve everyone's mood.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIxqiIiBIE
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

...until that music kicks in a couple of minutes in...

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    How is the planet destroyed by beta ray bill a moon?

moons usually dont have other moons orbiting them.
    Pluto has moons, though Pluto is not currently considered to be a planet.

lol only now going through the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    You know, I don't want to seem like I'm taking Hellion's side at all here, and Beta Ray Billy is one of my favorite guys. But I also read that series a lot and paid attention to the fine detail because it used to get distorted a TON on the old board by some posters. So hear me out on this.

I am... 95% that’s not a moon in that scan. It's another planet. The solar system that Bill and Stardust fought in was drawn in a way that made the planets look closer together than they actually would be. This was probably done so that the artist could draw cool things like Bill throwing the hammer, Stardust dodging, the planet boomeranging around the nearest planet for a gravitational slingshot and connecting with the back of SD’s head.

Also, the destruction of that planetoid looks nothing like the destruction of an Earth like planet that happens later in the series. This is where Stardust tackles Bill and Asteroth to the core of the planet, and then some combination of them blows it up. (This experience also does some reasonable damage to Bill, dazes him a little bit, but ultimately leaves him conscious and kicking.)

http://s673.photobucket.com/user/gal...roth1.jpg.html
    http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3879882

So you COULD make an argument that the celestial body Bill smashed was probably not an earth sized planet. It seemed to be an independent body so I don’t think it qualifies as a moon. No real way of definitely gauging the size though. I don’t enough about celestial bodies to say if we can surmise it’s size based on its apparent composition or anything, but the authors definitely made it less of a BOOM than the example later in the story. I still think of Bill as a planet buster myself.

THAT SAID, Bill totally one shot the thing. Charged up hammer strike, striking Stardust’s lance, let’s out big wave of energy. No idea what Hellion was talking about there.
    Interesting. So the narration never confirmed it was a planet? Maybe anything later?

Because Beta Ray Bill not being a planet buster actually makes more sense than him being one, given Thor isn't one
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 05-11-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    lol only now going through the whole thread.

Interesting. So the narration never confirmed it was a planet? Maybe anything later?

Because Beta Ray Bill not being a planet buster actually makes more sense than him being one, given Thor isn't one
    Meh, Bill basically got Thor powers on top of being a class 100 cyborg. I'm pretty cool with him being a planet buster. Bill also has other cosmic scale feats, like beating down Stardust, only being momentarily dazed by a blast that razed half a planet, fighting on after being at the center of an exploding planet, etc. He's generally above Thor but below Surfer/Gladiator IMO as far as raw power and durability.

BRB is stronger and tougher, Thor is faster, more experienced and his hammer has far more esoteric stuff than Stormbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Fight scenes to improve everyone's mood.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIxqiIiBIE
    It'll never happen, but ya know what? I hope Vegita gets the win on Frieza this time around.

Were I writing it, I'd give him a reason beyond wanting to win, complete his character arc. He's shown that he's willing to let go of his pride to save others, now let him avenge his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    BRB is stronger and tougher, Thor is faster
    When has this been shown? ISTR back in the original Bill story they were a complete match, with Bill only eking out a win due to the environment favoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    It'll never happen, but ya know what? I hope Vegita gets the win on Frieza this time around.

Were I writing it, I'd give him a reason beyond wanting to win, complete his character arc. He's shown that he's willing to let go of his pride to save others, now let him avenge his people.
    BIG Spoilers below read at your own risk:

They both beat up Freeza pretty handily the whole time. Goku is beating Freeza but gets hit from behind by one of Freeza's henchmen when not blocking. Vegeta comes in and handily beats Freeza, Freeza gets mad and blows up Earth (they both forgot what a sore loser he is). Whis uses his time manipulation to go back in time to right before Freeza does that, Goku kamehamehas him, Freeza goes back to hell. Vegeta gets mad at Goku for stealing his kill (since he didn't know about the whole time manipulation thing happening).

.....end spoilers

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    When has this been shown? ISTR back in the original Bill story they were a complete match, with Bill only eking out a win due to the environment favoring him.
    Bill being tougher is based on his feats for enduring various things that Thor hasn't AFAIK, like exploding planets. Also, while he started off a physically equal match for Thor, he then got powered up by Odin/Stormbreaker.

Thor being faster is the board's ruling on Thor's very inconsistent super speed, with him getting pegged as a very high bullet timer. (As opposed to various FTL reflex nonsense that used to get pushed.) Bill doesn't really have feats for bullet swatting and stuff like Thor does.