Question Secret Wars Merchandise

One time I read in an article that there's going to be a franchise coming out to celebrate the Secret Wars storyline containing books, toys, role playing games, posters, and other types of merchandise just like the original Secret Wars have done. What I would like to know is are they really going to do a Secret Wars franchise, if so when?
    "Steel Cannons, Large Pistols, Sound of Battle Rang, Triggers Pulled, Bullets Fly, Bang! Bang! Bang!" - Frank on the harp from Punisher Harp Zone

Follow me on Twitter @punisherharpist and like my Facebook page.

Mighty Member

Upper Deck's Marvel deckbuilding game, Legendary, is releasing a giant Secret Wars expansion in June.

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/3...-building-game
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Great! Anything else?
    "Steel Cannons, Large Pistols, Sound of Battle Rang, Triggers Pulled, Bullets Fly, Bang! Bang! Bang!" - Frank on the harp from Punisher Harp Zone

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Next week will be the shipping date of a facsimile of a Secret Wars activity book.with sticker and posters.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

And I gather we're getting some Action Figures, both remakes of the Classic Secret Wars line and some possible sets for the alternates of the new series (the writer of Inferno hinted one for Limbo Nightcrawler). And there was a prose novel for the original Secret Wars earlier in the year (which was also adapted by the awesome Graphic Audio into full cast audiobook format).

I was kind of hoping we'd get a video game tie-in, hopefully on console, but I guess that was kind of a pipe dream.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I was kind of hoping we'd get a video game tie-in, hopefully on console, but I guess that was kind of a pipe dream.
    Maybe they're waiting to announce a game at E3 in June.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misterfranklin View Post
    Maybe they're waiting to announce a game at E3 in June.
    That would be awesome, though Secret Wars would likely be long over by the release date. Still would buy it though! (Long as it wasn't just some tie-in to another game or crappy like Avengers: Battle for Earth.)

Awesome! Let me know when the action figures are out. That's what I'm more interest in getting if the have Punisher in the lineup.

Mighty Member

So what else is out there, right now? I feel like I've heard about a lot but not really seen anything.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!