Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Hunter X Hunter
    I just read the last handful of chapters.
    spoilers:
    The ending of Hisoka's death match was insane. I didn;t think they'd actually kill Hisoka, but they did, then brought him back to life in a matter of pages lol. Sucks he lost his big fight with his rival. Now he is sniping the Phantom Troupe one by one? I'm confused, why does he not like them now?

Then Kurapika's chapters kicked into gear fast, I'm glad the Prince Battle Royale is already hot and heavy.
    end of spoilers

I also read a bunch of My Hero Academia, I read the All Might Vs All For One battle. Great stuff!

Also caught up on Ajin, which is waning in my interest lately.
    Not caught up on HxH, but spoilers:
    I do not believe Hisoka was ever really "with" the Phantom Troupe. He basically killed one when they were in a non-active time period, took their spot for the York New events, and only bothered with the Troupe when there were interesting jobs/fights available. Otherwise Hisoka just peels the identification tattoo off and is a "normal" Hunter again. My understanding of Hisoka's motiviations boils down to: Are you strong? Are you likely to become stronger? If no to both, he does not care about you and has no issues with killing you. If no and yes, then you get the situation with Killua and Gon. Interested, and will attack if he has to, but does not feel bad about letting them get away to gain that strength. If yes and no, then you are ripe to be plucked, expect a fight. If yes and yes, then Hisoka is in a happy place, might try to be your friend, and will try to figure out how to make that growth occur. This is where Killua's brother is. Strong enough to be a worthy fight, but messing with Killua would make his brother fight even harder, but Killua might become a worth fight, so....

Basically, Hisoka is a fight junkie. I would consider him the local equivalent to Akuma from Street Fighter, though far more sociable. And a trickster/liar as well, which he uses to get even better fights.
    end of spoilers
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

So I've been reading the Chinese webcomic Wo Jia Dashi Xiong Naozi You Keng AKA Our Brother's Mind has a Pit. It takes the premise of a guy getting reincarnated into a fantasy world and plays with it. The MC is convinced that he is the Older Brother Figure and thus doomed to becoming a traitor and dying or used as a sacrificed against a powerful villain to further the MC's growth.

Naturally, he decides to fight the plot with all his might.

It's most jokes at first then it gets little more serious when he realizes he is not the only person reincarnating around.

Warning, lots of traps. Just about every male is insanely pretty and the webcomic is not shy about using Yaoi Bait. The main antagonist is pretty much Yandere for the MC not that he'll ever admit it.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Reading this series called Dear Boy and it rocks. Early on it took a way different turn than what I was expecting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Reading this series called Dear Boy and it rocks. Early on it took a way different turn than what I was expecting.
    loved that series too.

BANNED

hey everyone, as a marvel fan i like to discuss with you about if funimation did some marvel related projects because with what i've been hearing from funimation they not only capture some of the characters of marvel but they also capture the spirit of the marvel universe. so i like to discuss with you who would you guys like to voice each of the marvel characters. here are mine:

Josh Grelle-Wiccan , Speedball, Rick Jones, Loki(young avengers),

Chris Sabat-Crossbone, Nitro, and SuperSkrull

Eric Vale-The Human Torch, Daken,

Colleen Clinkenbeard- Ms. Marvel / Captain Marvel/ Carol Danvers, Invisible Woman, Mary Jane Watson, Dakota North, Mantis, Nova(Frankie Ray) ,

Jason liebrecht-Abe Jenkins/Beetle, Havoc, Starlord

Christopher Bevins-Eric O'Grady/ Ant-man

Justin Briner-Hulkling

Brina Palencia-Rogue and X-23

Clifford Chapin-Iceman, Speed, Human Torch(Ultimate),

Cherami Leigh-Kitty Pryde, Hope Summers, Lyra/She Hulk, Molly Hayes,

Caitlin Glass-Mercury, Jean Grey(young), Magik, Scarlet Witch, Rachel Summers, Karen Page, Jessica Jones, Stature, Karolina Dean, Sharon Carter, Gwen Stacey(ultimate), Moonstone, Songbird, Screaming Mimi,

Greg Dulcie-Cable

Tabitha Ray-Squirrel Girl

Elizabeth Maxwell-Jessica Drew/Spider-woman, Felicia Hardy/Black Cat,

Bruce Carey-Stick and Eziekial

Mark Stoddard-Thunderbolt Ross

Jeremy Shwartz-Meastro

Alexis Tipton-Pixie

Kent Williams-Magneto, the Owl, Otto Octavious' father, GrandMaster of the Universe , the Collector, and Ben Urich

Jason Douglas-Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, and Gladiator(Daredevil)

Ed Blaylock-Franklin Richards

John Swasey-Wilson Fisk/ Kingpin

Chris Rager-the Juggernaut

Lydia Mackay-Mystique and Elektra

Todd Haberkorn-Harry Osborn and Sunfire

Trina Nishimura-Dagger, Nico Minoru, and Surge

Austin Tindle-Cyclops(young)

Stephanie Young-Storm , Gamora, and Madame Hydra

Phil Parsons-Nick Fury(classic)

Jerry Jewell-Jack o'Lantern, Purple Man, and Jester

Ian Sinclair-Electro, Scorpion, Bruce Banner,

David Wald-The Punisher

Brett Weaver-Nuke

Chuck Huber-Tony Stark/ Iron man and Ned Leeds

Lara Woodhul-Valerie Richards

J Michael Tatum-Mister Fantastic, Daredevil, Guardian , Adam Warlock, and SuperSkrull

Joel Mcdonald-Victor Mancha

Barry Yandell-Doctor Stephen Strange

Anastasia Munoz-Madame Masque

Maxey Whitehead-Franklin Richards

Lindsey Seidal-Xavin

Alex Organ-Norrin Radd/Silver Surfer and Vision

Tyson Reinhart-Microbe

Marisa Lanti-Pepper Potts

Bryan Massey-Bullseye

so who do you want to play each Marvel Characters?

I'm reading Magical Girl of the Apocalypse (Mahou shoujo of the end). It's great, especially if you like gory and violent, but still pretty cute stuff.
    The magical girl designs are nice. The story is a bit weird and jumps back and forth a bit, but personally it doesn't bother me.

BANNED

new Fuuka anime adaptation announced :

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/statu...49195579396098

Onepunch Man
    The Yusuke Murata stuff plays as filler more than an alternate take on ONE's story.
    I wanted Murata to focus solely on drawing ONE's story, but his martial arts tournament is interesting, I'd like to see it to the end.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar

@ukami0 twitter address for "Ukami", author of Gabriel Dropout. In Japanese, but lots of pix (incld. retweets from other artists), and pixiv account info.
    @norioo_ twitter address for "Norio Tsukudani", author of Heroine Voice. Some pix for HV and other work.

I haven't read Gabriel, but it looks like more of a gag comic. I've read just a bit of Heroine, and it does have more realistic info about voice acting. I must admit that I would never have looked at them if Zetsubou hadn't mentioned them, because I usually walk right past standard shoujo-manga artwork....but then mangaka have to make a living too!

Backstreet Girls is definitely one step ahead, better artwork, pacier dialog....and puzzling over the artist's "real" identity is certainly fueling the interest in Japan! Whoever "Jasmine Gyu" is, he is reputed to have worked for mangaka Shosho Kurihara.
    Last edited by pearlofthepacific; 08-09-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar

what other manga you are currently reading. What sort of manga genres do you usually like reading?
    I actually read a lot of English comics, because I like to share them with Japanese people.

I don't have a particular genre that I follow in manga....there are so many manga, and I totally believe in choosing books by their covers! I am interested in manga about workplaces and careers, so I sometimes read manga that don't seem all that interesting just to check out the work aspect. I like old lady stuff, and I usually read whatever the rest of my family are reading too, so it's quite a mix.

Stuff I've read over the past few months (links to English information - please note that I don't read scanlations in English so I have nothing to say about which scanlations sites are good or even legal, I just don't know about that aspect):

TOYODA Tetsuya "Koohii Jikan" (Coffee Time)
    Really enjoyed this - light after-work reading, short episodes that blend into each other, and great artwork.

SHIMAMOTO Kazuhiko "Aoi Honoo" (Blue Blaze, Blue Flame
    I bought this because it's about a mangaka starting out in the '80s, which was a period of huge change for manga. It's interesting because of that, but it's not a gripping story.

SHINKYU Chie ”Scoot" https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=104633
    She is much more famous for "Wakako-zake" - girlie alcohol story - but I enjoyed Scoot, a very easy-reading and gentle little story of a girl with a scooter (and a bike-riding big sister).

UONOME Santa "Neko Manma" (Cat Food https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=5353
    He is better known for "Sensou Meshi" (War Food), but I am more interested in the funny little episodes of Meiji period life in Neko Manma, very loosely based on Soseki's famous cat.

SANBE Kei "Boku Dake ga Inai Machi" (My Town with me Missing)
    This is a biggie. The story is compelling (though not exactly fast moving) and the art clean and emotive.

KUMOTA Haruko "Double Love Suicide in the Golden Age of Rakugo" "Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu"
    Slightly crazy story about a guy who gets out of prison and decides to apprentice himself to a rakugo comedian, whether the rakugo artist wants an apprentice or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder will be getting an anime adaptation.

The manga will be moving a monthly format in a new magazine after the next chapter in October, leaving us with a decently sized gap between now and then.

And of course, it has to leave you with a huge cliffhanger...

spoilers:

Al takes Touta to another dimension/time warp/whatever you want to call it where he meets Asuna.
    end of spoilers
    I noticed that grrr. Anyway I also found out a short time before that UQ is a follow up of a previous manga where Nagi was the MC and also a kid.( I think I mentioned that earlier)

I read Douluo Dalu 2 - The Unrivaled Tang-Clan as a novel(machine translation jupp I had Latin otherwise really hard to read). I must say it is a relative sad story in part but the MC will be in terms of raw power will properly be the strongest MC in all 3 series( + mini). The series has some lose ends some of them are already part of DD3 but it is good especially in the mid when the hero made a comeback after a terrible accident.

At the moment I read "Release that Witch " http://lnmtl.com/novel/release-that-witch

I also tried the novel version of "Tales of Demons and Gods" starts relative good (the first 199 chapters are missing but I know the manga) but somewhere 300+ he starts to get lost when he starts to rod spirit stone lakes and the numbers of enemies are hard to follow. The DBZ style before was a lot more fun.

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: Bakugou is really perceptive it seems. He knows fake friendliness when he sees it.

Ms. Joke and Eraserhead have fun interactions.

And that ending is pretty damn hype. Let's rock!

I really want to see Bakugou kick that guy's ass now.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Today in Berserk, Guts and Company meet the Elf king, and it only took them 15 years