Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Default The New Manga/Anime Lounge

Come here to discuss any miscellaneous anime or manga titles that you've watched/read.

So I need to ask, am I the only one watching Marvel Disk Wars?

Because you should all be watching Marvel Disk Wars.

Plus, No Game; No Life
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Come here to discuss any miscellaneous anime or manga titles that you've watched/read.
    Cool thread Len.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So I need to ask, am I the only one watching Marvel Disk Wars?

Because you should all be watching Marvel Disk Wars.

Plus, No Game; No Life
    It's that good?

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Currently, Manga wise I'm... reading Weekly Shonen Jump every week. I dig its line up a lot. Only Naruto and Nisekoi are complete dogs IMO.

On the anime front... I've got a bit of a blu-ray backlog that's kind of embarrassing; Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Wolf Children, Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 2, Lupin III The Woman Fujiko Mine complete collection, and Serial Experiments Lain complete collection. I watched Berserk Golden Age Arc III the other day. Overall I thought the Berserk films were a pretty good origin story. But that's all the really are. They gotta make some more. I'm also starting to work through Serial Experiments Lain. Its one of those series I hear a lot of good things about, but I some how never got my hands on it. Three episode in... its quite... odd. In a good and enthralling way.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It's that good?
    Marvel Disk Wars?

Well, it takes a premise you think is totally going to suck "The Avengers get trapped in pogs by Loki and it's up to five kids to use them and beat Loki" and manages to make it work decently.

Basically, Tony creates a new generation capture device for super-villains, DISKs. He throws a big party to announce this.

Loki hijacks the whole thing, makes every villains trapped at the Raft swear allegiance to him and puts them into DISKs. Then he traps all the heroes too. Except Spider-Man. 'cause he's awesome like that.

Because Loki and co. made sure to destroy all the ways in which to free the heroes from the disk, only five kids have the code installed in them to release them.

It takes the time to set its premise and the characterization is not bad.

Also, it has some fun moments. Like King Cobra trying to take on Thor which ends about as well as you can expect for King Cobra.

For a guy like me, who has been starved after the cancellation of Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth Mightiest Heroes, it is something welcome after Ultimate Spider-Man and Assemble.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-22-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Man, I used to love anime and manga so damn much, but after a while it became a chore to keep up with and follow so I stopped. My glory years were 2007-2010 when I consumed so much Naruto, FMA, and Bleach, which was fun but it certainly burnt me out and aside from Toonami I don't really spend much time with anime anymore, never mind manga.

My time with it was fun though, and I'll always have that.

Extraordinary Member

Caught up with Marvel Disk Wars.

It's not a very clever series. But it has a lot of heart and does the best it can with the given premise. There's lots of fun moments and pretty much everybody gets a chance to shine. But man, anime MODOK is really annoying.

Also, it is awesomely stupid to hear guys like Captain America and Iron man calling out their attacks in grand shounen fashion.

Yay! About time someone other than me gave it a watch.

I watched the first ep of Disk Wars but found it too kiddy for me, on the flip side I loved both the X-Men and Iron Man Anime and wish more was done.

Recently finished Steins Gate, Ars Nova and Buddy Complex and really enjoyed all 3 of them.

Steins Gate would probably be the most clever Anime I have seen in a while and has a great spin on time travel, I would recommend watching upto episode 24, episode 25 and the movie just drag it out.

Buddy Complex is a great Giant Mecha series again with some time travel and lovely to watch.

The only Manga I am reading at the moment is Dance in the Vampire Bund though seriously considering both Biomega & Terra ForMars, anyone read them?

I've been reading Terra Formars off and on. It's a good read for those like who enjoy scifi, action, with a few hints of horror mixed in. Here's hoping the upcoming anime does it justice.

Right now, I'm looking into the manga of Rain and Mushibugyo. Glad they got rid of the scanlators of the latter.

Oh, and this is kind of late to talk about, but was I the only one who felt cheated that we never got to see Nui and Mako from Kill la Kill have at it? The craziest, happy-go-lucky, reality-defying characters of the series who respectively act as both Ryuko's metaphorical Devil and Angel(with Nui particularly making it clear that she HATES Mako), and are probably two of the strongest characters the series that aren't Kamui wielders, and they never get to fight? I kinda felt like that was a missed opportunity for the fans.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-23-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Recently caught up with Inoue's Real and currently going through Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
    BB

I'd be reading REAL, but Inoue's release schedule is so sporadic for it and Vagabond I got tired of keeping up. I'll just wait until Vagabond and REAL finish, then I'll continue them. It's such a shame too, since REAL is one of my favorite manga, and Vagabond is the only samurai manga I've read that was on-par with Blade of the Immortal. Next to Urasawa, Inoue is my favorite manga writer.

Anyways, on my manga marathon front, I'm reading:
    KSKM
    Hunter x Hunter
    Kingdom

As for weekly/monthly series, Kuroko no Basuke, Magi, and Sankarea are the only two series I've been keeping up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Oh, and this is kind of late to talk about, but was I the only one who felt cheated that we never got to see Nui and Mako from Kill la Kill have at it? The craziest, happy-go-lucky, reality-defying characters of the series who respectively act as both Ryuko's metaphorical Devil and Angel(with Nui particularly making it clear that she HATES Mako), and are probably two of the strongest characters the series that aren't Kamui wielders, and they never get to fight? I kinda felt like that was a missed opportunity for the fans.
    I feel you bro. So much personal stuff between the two a one-one-one would have been more fitting than what we got.
    Last edited by Magnum Miracles; 05-23-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Never could like Buddy Complex. The entire thing made me feel sorry for Bison, and he's supposed to be the antagonist.

Well, that and Valvrave had just ended, and Valvrave was awesome in how crazy it was.

The first season at least.

I tried Valvrave when it first came out, and it was too stupid for me.

Oh, and I'm currently watching JoJo Part 3 and Mushishi's second season .