Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

UQ Holder 138

This might be one of the biggest Author's Saving Throws I've ever seen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder 138

This might be one of the biggest Author's Saving Throws I've ever seen.
    Chisame or single. Negi is an extreme kid.

The class was in full most annoying, ignoring privacy mode. Good thing Asuna got more level headed after regaining her memories.

Now to learn how they beat Nagi Ialda in the happy ending timeline, at least I assume that this is that battle. Surprisingly/disappointingly few of the class mates are present if that's the case.

EDIT: No, wait. Asuna needs to be present to beat him without the body take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Chisame or single. Negi is an extreme kid.

The class was in full most annoying, ignoring privacy mode. Good thing Asuna got more level headed after regaining her memories.

Now to learn how they beat Nagi Ialda in the happy ending timeline, at least I assume that this is that battle. Surprisingly/disappointingly few of the class mates are present if that's the case.

EDIT: No, wait. Asuna needs to be present to beat him without the body take over.
    They mentioned Asuna was inbound but that the timing was off because they weren't expecting Ialda to make her move for a while. She's basically pulling a Goku on snake way.

No idea if any other Alba members show up with her when she does; we know from the ending of Negima that Yue was busy being a magical detective of sorts and learned about Nagi's rescue after the fact.

Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar

Kenrantaru Grande Scene (The glorious grande scene) is up to volume 8 in trade paperbacks in Japan! I haven't read it, but I'm a little bit interested in her short-lived Renaissance artist series, Color Me Rainbow (Hito-hake no Niji = literally, a rainbow at a single brushstroke)

Maihime Terpsichore (Yamagishi Ryoko) put me off ballet manga - it was serialized in Da Vinci magazine, but the figure drawing really irritated me.

UQ Holder 139 Spoilers are epic

spoilers:

Negi is the one who breaks through the outer defenses to start a fight with Lifemaker. The LM in Nagi's battle is a match of Negi's speed and they fight for an extended period of time, causing explosions all over the face of the planetoid. LM seems to get the upper hand, made worse by the intervention of the other members of Cosmo Entelecheia, who overwhelm Negi. Meanwhile, the Cheerleaders go to Mahora to have a discussion to Eva; even though they are 19 now they go back there to visit with her it seems.

Back at the battle, a space ship breaks through the outer defenses and Asuna, Konoka, Setsuna, Yue, Nodoka, Ku Fei, Kaede, Chachamaru, Mana, and Zazie arrive to help Negi. Takahata, Rakan, and Albireo also arrive, as does Fate's battle harem. Along with Fate himself and Kotarou, there is a pretty epic 2 page spread of them preparing for battle.

One confusing thing, possibly a retcon depending on how things wrap up here, is that if this is the final battle of the prime timeline, Yue shouldn't be present because she receives a visit from Negi and Nagi when she is in her early twenties, if I recall correctly, and hears about the final battle.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

UQ Holder 139 Spoilers are epic

spoilers:

Negi is the one who breaks through the outer defenses to start a fight with Lifemaker. The LM in Nagi's battle is a match of Negi's speed and they fight for an extended period of time, causing explosions all over the face of the planetoid. LM seems to get the upper hand, made worse by the intervention of the other members of Cosmo Entelecheia, who overwhelm Negi. Meanwhile, the Cheerleaders go to Mahora to have a discussion to Eva; even though they are 19 now they go back there to visit with her it seems.

Back at the battle, a space ship breaks through the outer defenses and Asuna, Konoka, Setsuna, Yue, Nodoka, Ku Fei, Kaede, Chachamaru, Mana, and Zazie arrive to help Negi. Takahata, Rakan, and Albireo also arrive, as does Fate's battle harem. Along with Fate himself and Kotarou, there is a pretty epic 2 page spread of them preparing for battle.

One confusing thing, possibly a retcon depending on how things wrap up here, is that if this is the final battle of the prime timeline, Yue shouldn't be present because she receives a visit from Negi and Nagi when she is in her early twenties, if I recall correctly, and hears about the final battle.
    end of spoilers
    The chapter is really an excellent display of Akamatsu's mastery of the fight coreography. With that awesome ending I have high hopes for the next chapter. Show all of them fighting members of Ala Alba perform some suitably epic feats of their own. I want them all to have some time to shine.

And while Nagi Ialda is matching Negi in speed, it's more because he's so infused with the asteroid that he can appear anywhere on it rather than him being that fast. I also double checked the previous chapter. That thing has a diameter of 50 kilometers, and Negi's fight with Nagi Ialda could still be seen from quite a distance.

I was afraid that Dynamis was just going to be a name drop, but then he appeared in his his mid-boss form and I was happy. Now he just needs to ham it up next chapter and all will be well. I've missed Dynamis.

So yeah, fun chapter. Have high hopes for the next one.

Sorry if this has already been posted but a teaser for the new UQ Holder series came out.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted but a teaser for the new UQ Holder series came out.

Looks nice.

But I gotta wonder what level of animation they'll have for the fight scenes. Probably nothing as good as the OVAs, but something nice a fluid I hope.

Looks nice.

But I gotta wonder what level of animation they'll have for the fight scenes. Probably nothing as good as the OVAs, but something nice a fluid I hope.
    Considering it's JC Staff and they have two other shows the same season, chances aren't that great. However there's a site that does a pretty detailed production break down of upcoming shows at the end of every season. So sometime in September we'll have a good idea of whether or not UQ will have some gems hiding amongst the staff.

Who knows, Index and Railgun looked amazing and even a goofy adventure anime like Danmachi had some incredible fight scenes.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

In spite of a an off-putting first chapter, I got to say I am really enjoying Goblin Slayer. There is something fun about a guy that just wants to kill goblins.

Also, **** goblins.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

UQ Holder 140 spoiler detail

spoilers:

Apparently, in the original Negima timeline, grown up Negi does marry Chisame, and Evangeline marries the rescued Nagi.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

UQ Holder 140 spoiler detail

spoilers:

Apparently, in the original Negima timeline, grown up Negi does marry Chisame, and Evangeline marries the rescued Nagi.
    end of spoilers
    I see.

spoilers:
    I'm fine with Negi/Chisame, but I was always hoping for Evangeline/Albireo.
    end of spoilers

I see.

spoilers:
    I'm fine with Negi/Chisame, but I was always hoping for Evangeline/Albireo.
    end of spoilers
    Eva and Albireo just had good banter and repartee; a relationship between them would have still technically come out of nowhere.

Extraordinary Member

Eva and Albireo just had good banter and repartee; a relationship between them would have still technically come out of nowhere.
    Sure, but I still prefer that over what we got for Eva and Nagi.

She's been in love with him, I don't even quite remember why that was, and he's always treated her as a misguided friend at best while still being in love with Arika.

Sure, but I still prefer that over what we got for Eva and Nagi.

She's been in love with him, I don't even quite remember why that was, and he's always treated her as a misguided friend at best while still being in love with Arika.
    I don't mind Eva getting him in the long run, but I would definitely like to know how Arika fit into the Negima-timeline ending.

Or just...anything about Arika at all. Like...enough for me to confidently say anything about Arika at all other than...she was person? Is a person?