Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Anyone here read line manga or heard of it?

https://twitter.com/LINEmanga it has an app you can use to read manga chapters of each series one for free and the other for paid upcoming episodes but it is only used for japan and it has tight security so getting raws and translating them is more diffcult.
    Yep, I heard about that, but I never read from it, because like what you said it's only used in Japan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Yep, I heard about that, but I never read from it, because like what you said it's only used in Japan.
    Man it sucks cuz I read freak island and pumpkin night the raws are hard to get I wish we get a western release

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Man it sucks cuz I read freak island and pumpkin night the raws are hard to get I wish we get a western release
    How about making petition to Seven Seas Entertainment. Usually they will localize a manga if that's popular enough, or have a huge demand.

Mighty Member

How about making petition to Seven Seas Entertainment. Usually they will localize a manga if that's popular enough, or have a huge demand.
    Yeah that could work also add into freak island spin-offs into the mix offal island the prequel and the romantic comedy freak island in love.Like Freak island is already getting more and more popular in japan along with pumpkin night since the latter had a cafe event while the former got a short anime spin-off. Both mangas are already popular with western readers online cuz they’re both homages to slasher movies.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 11-19-2020 at 06:11 PM.

BANNED

Hey, sorry to barge in, but I want to recommend a manga here. The Holy Grail of Eris by Tokiwa Kujira. It's like the mix of YuGiOh and villainess story in the conspiracy of victorian style, it's really, really good.

Hey, sorry to barge in, but I want to recommend a manga here. The Holy Grail of Eris by Tokiwa Kujira. It's like the mix of YuGiOh and villainess story in the conspiracy of victorian style, it's really, really good.
    Art looks good. I like a good villainess comic the premise reminds me of Your Throne
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Mighty Member

Cool demon slayer is getting more love hope season 2 comes

BANNED

Sometimes this manga luck worries me.

Extraordinary Member

Sometimes this manga luck worries me.
    What luck?

The writing and art are really good and resonate well with people.

That's not luck, that's hard work from the mangaka and anime team being justly rewarded.

Besides, it's ended anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What luck?

The writing and art are really good and resonate well with people.

That's not luck, that's hard work from the mangaka and anime team being justly rewarded.

Besides, it's ended anyway.
    I mean by luck is that the book landed on unbelievable luck until it hit to Ufotable. People forget about it, but Kimetsu is nearly getting axed thrice if not because of other mangaka push it (and having buffers here and there). To me personally, at least, the book itself is nothing special. But, it's the best landing manga on it's premise ever, or at least as far as I have read the manga. But, I think the popularity is largely thanks not only to mangaka and to the anime team, but also too Eiichiro Oda, Togashi, and D. Gray Man author (I forgot her name), and Nasu. If not because of Oda, Togashi, and D. Gray Man author, the manga will be axed before it got to the train arc where the fun started and if not because Nasu and Togashi, Wani won't show her anime in Ufotable, because they are the one that introduced her to Ufotable (in her interview Wani thanks Togashi and Nasu for talking to Jump exec to introduce her to Ufotable, initially it's going to MAPPA).

So really Kimetsu is really lucky that it got a good run, an exceptionally great anime, even if the early time of it is the roughest period of Kimetsu. Now the reason I said that is because the question that I wanted to now is can Wani hold that lightning inside the bottle long enough to guarantee her another hit run like Kimetsu or will she flop and immediately crushed by the pressure. I hope that the good execution that she did is not just luck though, because her words are beautiful for manga (in untranslated version, the Japanese version of Kimetsu words are beautiful).
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-26-2020 at 07:13 AM.

I mean by luck is that the book landed on unbelievable luck until it hit to Ufotable. People forget about it, but Kimetsu is nearly getting axed thrice if not because of other mangaka push it (and having buffers here and there). To me personally, at least, the book itself is nothing special. But, it's the best landing manga on it's premise ever, or at least as far as I have read the manga. But, I think the popularity is largely thanks not only to mangaka and to the anime team, but also too Eiichiro Oda, Togashi, and D. Gray Man author (I forgot her name), and Nasu. If not because of Oda, Togashi, and D. Gray Man author, the manga will be axed before it got to the train arc where the fun started and if not because Nasu and Togashi, Wani won't show her anime in Ufotable, because they are the one that introduced her to Ufotable (in her interview Wani thanks Togashi and Nasu for talking to Jump exec to introduce her to Ufotable, initially it's going to MAPPA).

So really Kimetsu is really lucky that it got a good run, an exceptionally great anime, even if the early time of it is the roughest period of Kimetsu. Now the reason I said that is because the question that I wanted to now is can Wani hold that lightning inside the bottle long enough to guarantee her another hit run like Kimetsu or will she flop and immediately crushed by the pressure. I hope that the good execution that she did is not just luck though, because her words are beautiful for manga (in untranslated version, the Japanese version of Kimetsu words are beautiful).
    It's lucky the mangaka ended it on a good note and didn't try to stretch the story out to milk it. I don't think she will flop, she seems to stick to making good short stories and that works out well for most non-longrunning Mangakas.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It's lucky the mangaka ended it on a good note and didn't try to stretch the story out to milk it. I don't think she will flop, she seems to stick to making good short stories and that works out well for most non-longrunning Mangakas.
    Yep, she is lucky that (Hiroyuki) Nakano, the current EiC, is a bit leeway on letting IP finish it's run. I also hope that she won't flop, but I think it depends on how good her next stories are. If it's like Ohbata's case with Death Note and Bakuman then she might be alright, but knowing that Kinoko Nasu and Tite Kubo are her inspirations, then I think her next project will be inside the Kimetsu no Yaiba universe. A short yet engaging manga about monsters in the modern universe or before the restoration Meiji era (Kimetsu is during this period).

But if she did that, you know what the author of Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei said: If it didn't sell, just bring characters from your previous hits! It 100% will bump your sales (For context, he is taking jab on UQ Holder and Negima).

BANNED

For anyone who read it, I just want to tell you that Yumekui Merry just ended in Japan with it's last volume. Welp, it's such an awesome run you have there Merry, to have a male protagonist in Manga Time Kirara Forward is quite frankly an amazing achievement.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-26-2020 at 05:51 PM.

BANNED

For people who love Gundam, it might be old news, but there is new information about Hathaway Flash with a new trailer/PV on Gundaminfo YouTube Channel:

Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway is an adaption of a light novel entitled "Hathaway Flash" by Yoshiyuki Tomino of Ideon, Zombot, Gundam 0079, Gundam Zeta, Gundam ZZ, Gundam Char's Counterattack, and Turn A Gundam. This light novel in particular is a sequel to Char's Counterattack and known in Japan and Mecha fans for its depressing story and dark ending. The movie is part of Sunrise "UC NexT 100" alongside Gundam UC2 and directed by Shuko Murase (Gundam Wing and Gangsta), produced by Yasuyuki Mutou (Sengoku Basara and Afro Samurai), and composed by Hiroyuki Sawano (Shingeki no Kyojin, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam NT, Kill la Kill, Blue Exorcist, and Aldnoah Zero).

ruhQ4HN.jpg