Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Allow me to do it then.

A dark fantasy manga.

Actually, THE dark fantasy manga.

Berserk tells the story of Guts, the Black Swordsman. In the first three arcs, we are introduced to Guts as this no-nonsense, badass guy with a dark past who travels around killing monsters.

The manga then flashbacks to the Golden Age arc and begins to tell exactly how Guts became Guts. Turns out there is a lot more to him killing monsters than you'd think.

It's pretty damn good.

It's also incredibly dark at some points; so be prepared if you decide to go into it.
Nice job.

That reminds me. There's also an animated tv series that came out a few years back. It pretty much covers up to the end of the Golden Age Arc and stops there. What a great series and that ending was chilling. Beautiful soundtrack as well with great voice acting from the Japanese cast. Recently they came out with a few animated movies that re-tells that same arc done with modern anime practices and plenty of CG, which I didn't like based on previews. I've never seen these movies so I can't comment on the quality. I believe both change a few minor things from the manga to streamline it a bit.