Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I've watched code breaker. Once again awesome dub from funimation but decent anime.

Ever hope funimation voiced some marvel characters. I picture kent Williams for magneto

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Ever hope funimation voiced some marvel characters.
    Steve Blum has done both.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Shingeki no Bahamut remains awesome. It has a nice story and more than decent animation.

Really, just where does this show gets its budget:
    http://webmup.com/4vWhg/
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

TerraforMars

Vol 10 is out!

Man, this was a fun one.

#1 is... quite a character. It also explains what was up with his absurd kill count. While everyone else is Peter Parker bitten by a spider, he is Captain American and the bug boost multiplies on top of that.

Damn.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Shingeki no Bahamut remains awesome. It has a nice story and more than decent animation.

Really, just where does this show gets its budget:
    http://webmup.com/4vWhg/
    just started watching this and OMG this looks amazing, seeing Space Dandy as a knight is really cool :P But seriously the art and animation is gorgeous and the story, while a bit whimsical at times, seems to be building into something cool

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    just started watching this and OMG this looks amazing, seeing Space Dandy as a knight is really cool :P But seriously the art and animation is gorgeous and the story, while a bit whimsical at times, seems to be building into something cool
    Someone other than me is watching it! Awesome!

Yeah, SnB is one of the best shows this season, easily the biggest surprise.

BANNED

i hope FUNimation licenses Terra Formars

Fantastic Member

Bleach is another one I've never seen, but unlike One Piece I have zero interest in it. I been watching Naruto since the start and will continue to do so until the end as I really like it, I just wish I had seen One Piece from the start as well, now it just feels like too much to go back through it all, I just watched the first 10 episodes I think... right now I'm at the part where they meet Usopp, Zoro and Nami are part of the crew, once I finish all the main characters introduction arcs I'll jump to the time skip episodes, thanks
    Overhazard gave you the right advice. Everything does fit together and Oda put a lot of clues in the earliest arc. The issue is Robin. If you want to understand Robin, you need to hit quite a few arcs. Baroque Works/Alabastia is your introduction to Robin and Water 7 finishes Robin Story as well as handles Franky story. Unskippable in my opinion. Skypedia is skippable, though there are traces of Robin's story even then and the fight scenes are crazy.

I would say that you might be better off skipping Chopper and Brooke stuff than missing Baroque Works/Alabasta. And the War...the War...*sigh*...the War. So much awesome in the War. You can skip it but you need to see it to really understand the current stuff. Luffy earned his rep in the war and Oda introduced a lot of characters in that war that affects the current arc. Just skip to the war start date.

Enjoy the ride. It's a crazy, crazy adventure you are getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Overhazard gave you the right advice. Everything does fit together and Oda put a lot of clues in the earliest arc. The issue is Robin. If you want to understand Robin, you need to hit quite a few arcs. Baroque Works/Alabastia is your introduction to Robin and Water 7 finishes Robin Story as well as handles Franky story. Unskippable in my opinion. Skypedia is skippable, though there are traces of Robin's story even then and the fight scenes are crazy.

I would say that you might be better off skipping Chopper and Brooke stuff than missing Baroque Works/Alabasta. And the War...the War...*sigh*...the War. So much awesome in the War. You can skip it but you need to see it to really understand the current stuff. Luffy earned his rep in the war and Oda introduced a lot of characters in that war that affects the current arc. Just skip to the war start date.

Enjoy the ride. It's a crazy, crazy adventure you are getting into.
    so far it's been insane, been a while since I laughed so much, between this and Fairy Tail I'll be set for quite a while. Which is good since Naruto is almost over

Shingeki no Bahamut is amazing I love the art and animation despite knowing nothing about the series prior to this... I think it's from a series of books similar to Queen's Blade or something :/

Shingeki no Bahamut is amazing I love the art and animation despite knowing nothing about the series prior to this... I think it's from a series of books similar to Queen's Blade or something :/
    Card game actually.

But yeah, it's awesome.

At last, the team is all together!

Fantastic Member

Just want to advertise that Yugioh GX is finally on DVD.
    http://www.amazon.com/Yu-Gi-Oh-GX-Se...eywords=yugioh

When I saw classic Yugioh DM was being released to DVD, all I could do was wait and hope that GX would see DVD releases too.

And it has.

God bless you New Video Group.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX gets a bum rap because people wanted more of the original when GX was really all about taking the original concept then also doing a copious amount of LSD or shrooms or...or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post

Well, I can't argue with him.

Although, the whole, launching cards into space thing is what lead to the Yubel disaster in GX.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fantastic Member

Well nobody could have predicted that Yubel was actually a spirit from some random kingdom or something that was supposed to protect Jaden's soul or something from this alien made of light. Or that when she was launched into space that her rocket would be exposed to this alien. I mean, the universe is a BIG place. What are the odds of that happening? A few trillion-to-one?

Yeah...i prefr GX Season 1 and 2 to be honest. I think GX's greatest flaw was trying to be serious.

Also just gonna leave this list here
    http://designspace.hubpages.com/hub/...s-Of-Yugioh-GX

EDIT:

Oh, almost forgot, these are my favorite quotes all across Season 1, 2 and 3.

Episode 2
    Syrus: Think we were somehow connected to each other in some ancient life Jaden? You know, like you were an Egyptian Pharaoh and i was the guardian Seto?
    Jaden: No offense but that's just lame.

Episode 4
    Jaden: Sure Ra Yellow is nice with their clean sheets, lack of cockroaches and those
    spiffy blazers….

Episode 10
    Jaden on the Paradox Brothers: Ah, these guys couldn’t even beat male pattern baldness so there’s no way they’re going to be able to beat us.

Episode 13
    Alexis: Maybe all the training he’s had has taught Wheeler how to speak human.
    …or maybe Jaden’s really a monkey.
    Jaden: Ready or not, let’s duel!
    Wheeler the Dueling Monkey: Duel!
    Syrus: Whoa, it talks?!
    Head Scientist: Please! That would be COMPLETELY unrealistic. His helmet reads his mind and talks for him.
    (Well of course, that only makes sense. Don’t you know anything about SCIENCE?)

Episode 19
    Dmitri pretending to be Yugi: Thank you Kuriboh, that move takes me back to our duel against Seto Kaiba at Battle City. Those were some good times, weren’t they old friend?
    Syrus: “Battle City?” This guy’s gone batty.
    Chumlee: Sy, just smile and nod, smile and nod.

Episode 20:
    Alexis: Wow, a cold, wet dock in the middle of the night. You sure haven’t forgotten how to show a girl a good time.
    (Alexis has this really awesome deadpan snarker thing going on that I had forgotten about)

Episode 27
    Gravekeeper’s Chief: You have the wisdom of dirt!

Episode 29
    Sheppard: You see, this academy was built in part to protect the Sacred Beast cards. They were buried deep underground, their power sealed safely away. After all, legend says if these cards ever see the light of day, terrible things will happen. Buildings will crumble, light will fade, souls will fall, our world will be no more.
    Jaden: So where are these cards? I say we take ‘em out for a spin!

Episode 38
    Admiral: Per chance a deal. We maroon this duel here and now and you come work for me for a thousand doubloons.
    Bastion: That’s over a million dollars!
    Alexis: That IS a lot of booty!
    Bastion: I beg your pardon?

Episode 39
    Banner: You see Alexis, since three of the seven Spirit Keys have already been taken by the Shadow Riders, and the fate of the world rests on protecting the remaining four, the academy thought it best to call in the police.
    (hilariously, this is false, as the “police” he was talking about was a bad guy in disguise)

Episode 44:
    Syrus: Right, I know, I love milk. But still…
    Banner: But still what Syrus? Just because it’s expired doesn’t mean it’s not delicious. Now grab a fork and enjoy yourself!

Episode 47
    Zane: I’m glad you’re okay.
    Alexis: “Okay??” I was taken hostage! By some clone of who I thought was our professor!
    Zane: Yeah but, things like that, aren’t really that rare around here are they.

Episode 54
    Chazz: You know, I used to be just like you. An elitist snob who looked down on everyone around me. But I've changed. Know how? Now I'm a snob who only looks down on some people. Anyway, there’s a lesson in there, I’m just not sure where.

Episode 55
    Jaden: Am I the only one here who hasn’t gone insane?

Episode 56
    Hassleberry about Alexis on Chazz’s proposed TV Show: Your show just got a whole lot better.
    Syrus: Hassleberry’s right. Whenever things get tough, I start to doubt myself. I hear this voice in my head telling me to give up because I’m not good enough.
    Missy: You’re not good enough dork so just give up!
    Syrus: See, there it is.

Episode 60
    Chazz: We may be one man down, but we’re five men strong!
    ….Well, four men and a lovely lady.
    Alright, three men, a lady and Syrus!
    Atticus: I named our band. We’re called Bro-Bro and Sissy!
    Hassleberry: So which one is he?

Episode 63
    Syrus: A mystery chef vs. a sergeant-wannabe.
    Alexis: Another typical day.

Episode 67
    Jaden: See, I went to outer space and I chilled with this dolphin-man. Then he gave me these totally rad cards for my deck.
    Bastion: Poor guy’s gone mad.
    Hassleberry: And I thought dueling a Spanish chef with a bag on his head was weird.

Episode 79
    Sereena: Nice try but [Dark Creator]’s indestructible.
    Jaden: Hold on! You’re saying it can’t be destroyed?
    Aster: Yeah that’s usually what people mean when they say indestructible.
    Jaden: So let me get this straight. If Dark Creator can’t be beat, how are we supposed to beat it?
    Aster: Jaden you might want to stop talking now.

Episode 81
    Jaden: I hope they cancel this show.

Episode 82
    Chazz: Then I play this - a spell card called Fronline Base. Now I can take any union monster from my hand and summon it to the field. As long as it’s Level 4 or below of course. So I play this guy - Beatron 2: Electric Boogaloo! Uh, what I meant was Beatle Turbo….

Episode 85
    Jaden: What is that?
    Syrus: Oh nothing - just your average everyday RAGING PILLAR OF FIRE!

Episode 102
    Hassleberry: Who’s the man?
    Syrus: Jaden! And who’s the evil psycho from outer space?
    Hassleberry and Syrus: Sartorius!
    Sartorius: Thank you.

Episode 103
    Sartorius: Stop your laughing!
    Jaden: Lighten up, this is what dueling’s all about bro; having a good time.
    Sartorius: Nonsense!
    Jaden: Hate to break it to you but it’s true. Not everyone duels for world domination and ultimate power. I gotta teach you about a little thing we humans call having fun. And let me tell ya, it sure beats being a maniacal nutjob. It’s true, if you’re not having a good time, well then, you don’t know what you’re missing.
    Sartorius: Enough!
    Jaden: I just wanna help. If you just chilled out you’d see that this world isn’t such a bad place.
    Aster: Uh Syrus, does he realize he’s reasoning with a psychopathic alien?
    Syrus: You know Jay, he loves giving this speech….

Episode 107
    Jaden: (about Jesse) This guy reminds me of me! …without the good looks, not to mention the winning personality. Now I switch Grand Mole to Defense Mode.
    Jesse: I’m afraid that you can’t do much else ‘cause Neos goes back to your deck. Looks like someone’s a little forgetful.
    Jaden: But I have personality….

Episode 115
    Jim: Falling down a 30 foot pit, nearly drowning, you’ve been through quite an ordeal.
    Alexis: Just another typical day around here.

Episode 127
    Echo: He was not born to serve - Adrian was born to rule! Courage, intelligent and honor, nobody has more; and nobody is more underappreciated. He has such value. Adrian can’t see but he, he should head the Gecko Financial Group. And then one day he can rule the entire world!
    Pegasus: Ooookay…I was kinda with you until that last bit.
    Last edited by NK1988; 11-05-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Finally watched the Idolm@ster movie today. I got that feeling of loss after finishing it, which I haven't experienced in a long time. Haruka is leader because she has the most heart

Anybody here watching I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying? I know they're really short episodes, but I found them funny as hell regardless. Or maybe it's because they're so short that makes it good.