Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1163
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Anyone else finding themselves reading a lot more manga since this whole coronavirus/quarantine/social distancing thing started? I am. Granted, a lot of that's because Kodansha had a sale on Comixology where all their first volumes were 99 cents.
    Yes, I've been getting back into manga quite a bit.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Huh, so Noelle Silva's Valkyrie Dress now has different forms, the latest being a Mermaid form. As in full on half naked Mermaid...

I don't know where the hell her clothes go, or how that works...

...but I'm not complaining

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Huh, so Noelle Silva's Valkyrie Dress now has different forms, the latest being a Mermaid form. As in full on half naked Mermaid...

I don't know where the hell her clothes go, or how that works...

...but I'm not complaining
    *covers his own eyes*

I will complain! Noelle is a semi-innocent flower and I will not besmirch her with foul thoughts!

...now if it was my BAMF Waifu Mereoleona that would be another thing. BUT IT ISN'T!
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 07-15-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I have read the Black Clover chapter no, just in time before Mer-May finished (that's apparently a thing). Still no answer where Noelle's other clothes go, but the action is real solid and the art is great.

so what's everybody reading these days?
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

I support militant Professor X

Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Far Sector, Other History of the DC
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: The Next Batman, Dark Multiverse: METAL, Future State: Green Lantern, FS: Aquaman, FS: Wonder Woman, Immortal Wonder Woman

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    so what's everybody reading these days?
    Oh, all sorts of stuff. Right now, I'm in the middle of Cats of the Louvre. I also have the first volume of Spy x Family waiting for me.

Managed to find at least a part of the second episode for the new Tenchi OVA. For the first time, Sasami is a freakin Teenager.

Tenchi's feats now include teleporting through space on his own, enveloping a whole Pirate Ship in a couple of his Light Hawk Wings, and stopping time for everyone inside the ship.

Also Ryoko and Washu can just casually sense a cloaked ship enter the Solar System which is kind of cool.

Black Clover -

Noelle is kind of a beast now. Certainly can't fault her for trying so hard in the face of an uber opponent. Vanica actually remembers her mother now and kidnaps Lolo instead of killing her because she wants to specifically trigger some kind of super saiyan reaction she witnessed with her mother so that she can have fun fighting Noelle later.

The disciple nuke is a nasty spell. Guess being one of Vanica's disciples is a rather fleeting position.

Back to Yami's fight.

I just discovered Tokyo [manji] Revengers and holy shit you guys, you guys, it's something else. It's an amazingly grounded story and while there is a magical realism element to the plot, there is this sense of super subtle surrealism to it that has nothing to do with the "magical" aspect of the story; if that makes any sense. And the character work? FOH! I haven't been this in love with a manga in years, I hope the anime adaption does it justice because this series deserves to be boosted up next to the other standouts of this generation of anime/manga like a Demon Slayer, Black Clover or Fire Force. definitely check it out you guys!

While I'm at it, anybody check out Mashle: Magic and Muscles? I love that one too. One Punch Man meets Harry Potter with the slightest hint of Black Clover wasn't a mix I thought I needed but here we are.

Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: The Next Batman, Dark Multiverse: METAL, Future State: Green Lantern, FS: Aquaman, FS: Wonder Woman, Immortal Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I just discovered Tokyo [manji] Revengers and holy shit you guys, you guys, it's something else. It's an amazingly grounded story and while there is a magical realism element to the plot, there is this sense of super subtle surrealism to it that has nothing to do with the "magical" aspect of the story; if that makes any sense. And the character work? FOH! I haven't been this in love with a manga in years, I hope the anime adaption does it justice because this series deserves to be boosted up next to the other standouts of this generation of anime/manga like a Demon Slayer, Black Clover or Fire Force. definitely check it out you guys!

While I'm at it, anybody check out Mashle: Magic and Muscles? I love that one too. One Punch Man meets Harry Potter with the slightest hint of Black Clover wasn't a mix I thought I needed but here we are.
    I've seen the plot synopsis for Tokyo Revengers. It reminds me of a more action-y Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen the plot synopsis for Tokyo Revengers. It reminds me of a more action-y Erased.
    I never checked out Erased but I've heard good things, if it's anything like Tokyo [manji] Revengers I'll have to check it out once i'm done catching up. I don't know how much action Erased has in it but Tokyo [manji] Revengers isn't particularly action-y imo, it has some significant action sequences here and there but it is definitely more about the characters and the overarching mystery.

I've been reading some of the works of Junji Ito lately, and I must say that they're absolutely superb works of horror. I highly recommend reading them if you haven't already.
    20200704_172032.jpg
    Last edited by Gav; 07-04-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Black Clover - Captain Yami actually calls for Asta's help, and by name no less. I believe the first time in the entire series he has actually used his name instead of referring to him by some form of "kid" nickname.

Mighty Member

Two new series that I've started reading (legally): Spy x Family and Act-Age.

Spy x Family is a pleasant surprise. Lately when reading scanlated stuff I've found that I've gravitated to more stuff that's about family or work or adult relationships (hey, I'm getting older. It happens). This stuff usually doesn't find its way to bookstores though, because seinen and josei stuff really doesn't have a big audience in the U.S. So, how surprising was it to find something themed around family in a shonen title. Granted, it's still mostly a boys' action title with battles and espionage-fueled action. But it also, at least so far, seems to be about three loners who have no sense of normalcy forming their own family. Albeit, for their own reasons.

As for Act-Age, well, I guess technically it's a manga about work. But the work in question is acting, and the lead uses a particularly intense brand of method acting where she either completely loses herself in a scene or dredges up her own past emotions. You want her to succeed like most shonen protagonists, but there's also the angle of wondering whether her method acting will ultimately prove damaging to her psyche.

(And yes, I know both of these series are already super-popular right now, but I still wanted to talk about them a little bit).

So, Amazon has been caught stealth-banning some Japanese light novels without alerting the publishers.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!