Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

They were quite good. I liked both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul. Zero, the 1st season was much better then the 2nd in my book.

So apparently Dark Horse is going to release a Planetes omnibus.

So that makes it 4 new omnibus series this year with Oh my Goddess, kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service and Astro Boy.

BUT STILL NO BERSERK

or Blade of the Immortal

or Hellsing

BANNED

Any thoughts on Seo Kouji's Fuuka?

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    They were quite good. I liked both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul. Zero, the 1st season was much better then the 2nd in my book.
    Agreed also I wish they could have given the support characters more time to shine. I liked some of their backstories and felt like it was such a waste not to explore them.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Anyone following the Tokyo Ghoul manga? Well, it technically ended, and now Tokyo Ghoul: Re is coming out, which is just as good, if not better. They added a slew of amazing characters to the mix for it, while keeping and adding a lot of character development to the best of the old characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Anyone following the Tokyo Ghoul manga? Well, it technically ended, and now Tokyo Ghoul: Re is coming out, which is just as good, if not better. They added a slew of amazing characters to the mix for it, while keeping and adding a lot of character development to the best of the old characters.
    i have read a couple of chapters of tokyo ghoul and have not finished it yet.

ever read any other horror/psychological mangas that you can recommend me reading?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i have read a couple of chapters of tokyo ghoul and have not finished it yet.

ever read any other horror/psychological mangas that you can recommend me reading?
    I Am A Hero is a cool, zombie survival manga.
    Terra Formars has crazy fights, and is kind of horror, and gets psychological with it sometimes, but is more action at this point.
    Monster and 20th Century Boys are my 2 favorite manga, both by the same author and completed, and they are both horror and psychological, but totally different than Tokyo Ghoul, which is still a fighting shonen at heart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I Am A Hero is a cool, zombie survival manga.
    Terra Formars has crazy fights, and is kind of horror, and gets psychological with it sometimes, but is more action at this point.
    Monster and 20th Century Boys are my 2 favorite manga, both by the same author and completed, and they are both horror and psychological, but totally different than Tokyo Ghoul, which is still a fighting shonen at heart.
    funny how i'm still reading I am Hero and Terra Formers.

i recommend you read Doubt. it's like saw on wtih Bunny mascot masks and is better written with a genius twist.

check out Aku no Hana and Shiki. they are freaking worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i recommend you read Doubt. it's like saw on wtih Bunny mascot masks and is better written with a genius twist.
    check out Aku no Hana and Shiki. they are freaking worth your time.
    Shiki was amazing, I saw the show years ago and was really impressed. I don't usually like vampire things, but Shiki was darkly unique.
    Aku no Hana sounds cool, I'll add it to my queue.
    I just binge read Doubt, it was pretty solid. Read the sequel Judge, but apparently the last 3 chapters haven't been translated yet online, so I'm at the end of the line, it seems.

Also, I can't believe I forgot to suggest the great horror mangaka Junji Ito. He mostly does short stories, but they are nightmare fuel stuff. His longest tale, Uzumaki, is also his best. It is both a long story, and a sequence of short stories that all tie together in the end. It's 3 volumes, and the first 2 are all short stories, and volume 3 is one big tale tying everything together. He's the HP Lovecraft of Japan.

Also, any Mushishi fans here? I find that stuff spookier than any gory story. I wish there were more series like it. Mushishi is like a spiritual version of The Twilight Zone. Unsettling, atmospheric horror, and not always horror, sometimes just mindf*&^y.

Another good horror/fighting manga, in the same vain of Tokyo Ghoul and Terra Formars, is Gantz. It is long, but finally completed, and pretty epic and ballsy. Over the top to the point where I would often feel uncomfortable reading it, but the good parts far outweighed the bad.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 04-05-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Really loved the first ep of Owari no Seraph.

Going to finish watch the second season of Aldnoah.Zero after a great first episode.

Anime finished watching recently:

Mushshi (all of them) 10/10 (perfect Anime)
    Cross Ange 8/10
    Gundam Build Fighters Try 6.5/10
    Log Horizon 2 6/10 (this should have been a 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Really loved the first ep of Owari no Seraph.
    What a crazy way to open a series, I enjoyed it.

Plastic Memories was such a tear jerker. After Death Parade I don't know if I can handle another emotional series so soon lol.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

As of last week I've finished watching Cross Ange and Gundam Reconguista in G both of which I enjoyed. Liking Cross Ange came as a bit of a surprise to me since I didn't enjoy the last Fukuda show I watched but I'd rather not get into that long story. Sure the show had some of the same miraculous survivals that GSD had but I kinda ignored them this time. It took about three episodes or so but I eventually grew to like Ange however I feel a special character mention should go to Embryo. He's like if you take Scirocco and give him god powers.

Now Gundam Reconguista in G was the Gundam I was waiting for after Build Fighters. Yep a war story with space battles and some romance thrown in. Got a Turn A vibe throughout the whole show,I suppose that was the intentional, which was cool since I loved Turn A. Now the final battle, while not as nearly brutal as most, was pretty intense and took us to a familiar location.

1427417210709.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    The DBZ Battle of the Gods movie is currently a free rental (dubbed, uncut) on Xbox Video (no Xbox required). You have 14 days to watch it (once?) after renting.
    This was fantastic. Loved every second of it.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

UQ Holder 75:

Touta breezes through all the ranks up to B, but hits a hard wall at A rank.

Cat girl's got some...powerful legs. It'd be fun if she were related to Fate's cat girl.

The Demon who was a part of that mercenary group that Negi beat up also makes an appearance. He takes on a 'Rakan' type role of sorts, suggesting that Touta pursue his own Kamehameha.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    .....Now Gundam Reconguista in G was the Gundam I was waiting for after Build Fighters. Yep a war story with space battles and some romance thrown in. Got a Turn A vibe throughout the whole show,I suppose that was the intentional, which was cool since I loved Turn A. Now the final battle, while not as nearly brutal as most, was pretty intense and took us to a familiar location.....
    I have loooved most Gundam with Turn-A being right at the top but this Gundam G no Reconguista was unwatchable for me, I know I got past the episode where it is revealed the Mobile Suits are really flying toilets but not surprised the final rating on anidb was 2.2.

I also watched the first ep of Kekkai Sensen. Kinda crazy stuff but enjoyable.