Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Pretty much. Broly is a movie-only character.

Also, Bills is the best villain in Dragon Ball.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Pretty much. Broly is a movie-only character.

Also, Bills is the best villain in Dragon Ball.
    Bills? really?
    what's so good about him?

I'll always like Frieza, Buu, and Janemba the most since I was a kid when I saw them for the first time and they left a really big impression on me. Bills just doesn't fit the bill, he doesn't look like a strong opponent and acts too much like a mindless version of Goku... at least I see it that way

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

A little diversion, just to let off something that's been in my mind a while... anyone know what could have been the earliest manga or anime with a summoned spirit or double similar to Stands in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, spirits in Shaman King and similar? The "summoned spirit" basically doing all the work?

I think it might have actually been Jojo's bizarre adventure. Though I'm probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    Bills? really?
    what's so good about him?

I'll always like Frieza, Buu, and Janemba the most since I was a kid when I saw them for the first time and they left a really big impression on me. Bills just doesn't fit the bill, he doesn't look like a strong opponent and acts too much like a mindless version of Goku... at least I see it that way
    Bills is moe.

Honestly, he's a fun guy. As far removed from standard evil as you can get. He's actually a pretty nice guy who happens to blow up planets.

And breakdances.

Plus, he's a damn good fighter. I like how the animation emphasizes how much control he has, always using just enough force to take down people.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think it might have actually been Jojo's bizarre adventure. Though I'm probably wrong.
    While it might have been used before, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is generally considered the first mainstream/major release - people link inspirations back to there, but not farther.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Just finished Terra Formars volume 1 and cannot wait for the Anime, brutal stuff!

Assassination Classroom 99

Bitch sensei is in trouble!!

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Another labor day weekend, another local convention.

Fun stuff. Pretty impressive Evangelion Unit 0-3 cosplays. Several of the guests I had already gotten autographs of in the past, but I got J. Michael Tatum to sign Tales of Xillia 2. I also got Catherine Vee to sign the Bleach volume with Riruka's on the cover, and the box art of Blazblue, Chrono Phatasma.

Walked away with a Wendy Marvell Fairy Tail Swimsuit figurine, Mea figurine from To-Love-Ru, an Orihime Inoue Keychain to replace my worn out Edward Elric one, a randomized Monster Hunter collectible mini, and a chibi Millia Maxwell from Tales of Xillia.

Thanks for the answers, I'll assume it's Jojo's until something else comes up. I'm reading Steel Ball Run, lots of fun, and there's even lots of science in it. I figure the author Araki does his research.

Hello manga lovers, we're launching a new shonen manga this week,
    so we're giving away the first chapter for free to everyone who will join our mailing list.
    00 FinalCover.jpg
    Get your free PDF or cbz at: http://www.komicbrew.com/race-on.html

Race! On! - synopsis
    Lyn, a young apprentice mechanic in the steam-puffing city of Rylian finds himself accidentally joining a magic race after he bumps into the seductive witch Idene Blackthorne. Now he has to adapt and learn quickly because in the magic race - you either finish first, or you don't finish at all.
    This shonen manga of about 150 pages mixes high-flying adventure with steampunk and magical fantasy influences, and a good dose of over-the-top action. It will be published online at the Komic Brew website September through December, and the TPB version is scheduled for release in early 2015.

Authors: Gemar Delfino from the Philippines (artist) and Mario Savovski from Macedonia (writer).
    Komic Brew - Your freshly brewed comics
    http://www.komicbrew.com
    https://www.facebook.com/komicbrew

Oh, a car-themed show. Seems to coincide with the upcoming Kamen Rider Drive.

is this an original manga? Is it yours?

that's pretty cool if it is

@ Carmen_Rider : actually, no one drives a car in this manga. They have more exotic rides
    uPage6-7.jpg
    and the authors have started this story of couple of years ago, it was published online on a subscription-based website,
    but now we're picking up the project and bringing it up to a wider audience.

@ceroxide: we will be publishing the manga through my company. I don't know if the authors have an account on cbr forums,
    but if you want to comment or ask a question, it will get to them
    the project is pretty cool and we're all excited about it!
    Komic Brew - Your freshly brewed comics
    http://www.komicbrew.com
    https://www.facebook.com/komicbrew

Extraordinary Member

Did anybody else see the Kill La Kill OVA/25th episode that came out this week?

Nui doesn't come back to get a well-deserved beatdown like I'd hoped. But there is lots of fun action and generally crazy antics that one expects from this show.

It's a great farewell to the series.

SENKETSU!!!