Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Attachment 107845

Freak Island Volume 16 cover revealed Alice from the prequel Offal Island is apart of the main story.
    Creepy AF
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Creepy AF
    Yep soon to be volume 17 on June 15

Awesome! Everything's been fixed! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Everything's been fixed! Thanks!
    Hahaha, love it.

My friend discusses what he feels is an often too frequent problem in Manga/Anime using the example of Dragon Ball Super -

Last edited by Celgress; 04-27-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think I've discovered a new favorite manga. It's English title is A Rare Marriage: How to Grill Our Love (JP: Yaiteru Futari)
    Attachment 109603
    The series concerns a 30-year old man named Kenta who's inexperienced with love who meets a stoic, and overworked, graphic designer named Chihiro through a dating app. But when a work transfer for Kenta threatens to end the nascent courtship, Chihiro suggests they jump all the way to getting married. Kenta, though a bit flustered, agrees to her proposal for a "long-distance marriage". So, they tie the knot and Chihiro starts travelling down to Kenta's new town every weekend where they bond over, of all things, barbecue (well, technically, grilling. I know there might be some purists in here).

One of the odder things I love about manga (and by association anime) is how they can take a specific hobby, interest, craft or pastime and successfully build a good romance, slice-of-life or coming-of-age story around it. It can be board games (After School Dice Club), fishing (Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater), camping (Laid-Back Camp), making mixed drinks (Love is Like a Cocktail), or yes even grilling. It's gotten to the point I keep hoping a good gardening manga will come out. And even with the unusual premise, it's still a good manga about two normally guarded people slowly letting their guard down around another person, and has possibly the classiest "first night together" chapters I've seen. Plus, I picked up some nice ideas for my next grill session.

Mighty Member

Kichikujima Volume 17.jpg

Freak Island volume 17 cover it will be released on june 15

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Alright, time for Noel vs. Vanica rematch in Black Clover.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Alright, time for Noel vs. Vanica rematch in Black Clover.
    I was delighted by Magna's surprise badass moment so I'm really excited for Noelle's time to shine.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm.

UQ Holder will apparently end in 9 chapters.

And in the latest chapter we get to see that Ialda has partly taken over Evangeline (she's in control of the body but Eva's mind is protected by her memories of her old class).

So we're now ready for the series big showdown where the main characters will take on heroes and villains from Negima. Hopefully both sides will be well-represented in big bombastic action spectacles. Though I'm a bit confused why the Konoka and Setsuna helping Eva-Ialada aren't adult versions of them, but that'll probably be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I was delighted by Magna's surprise badass moment so I'm really excited for Noelle's time to shine.
    The chapter looks like it will be hype. Noelle's new form is god damn cute.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    The chapter looks like it will be hype. Noelle's new form is god damn cute.
    On the one hand the beefed up Valkyrie armor looks very cool and Noelle teaming up with Undine is a nice explanation for how she'd be able to take on Vanica in a fight.

But I'm always a bit apprehensive about temporary power ups, which I assume is what the Noelle + Undine partnership is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    On the one hand the beefed up Valkyrie armor looks very cool and Noelle teaming up with Undine is a nice explanation for how she'd be able to take on Vanica in a fight.

But I'm always a bit apprehensive about temporary power ups, which I assume is what the Noelle + Undine partnership is.
    We know her Undine spirit dive is actually separate from the ultimate magic she learned, so we haven't seen that yet and I'm sure that is permanent. Several things could happen with Undine, such as Lolo being unable to use her after this arc or just a need for Lolo to loan Undine to Noelle in future arcs because even more escalated opponents would require them to bring their heaviest guns to the table and Lolo can't replicate Noelle's offense.

UQ Holder 84:

God damn. There was steamy stuff with the consummation of the other girls in Tota's harem, but he and Kirie *fucked*. That was like an all nighter "why the hell weren't we always doing this before?" Session.

Mighty Member

any junji ito fans out there? Anyway was reading some toilet bound hanako kun bascially based on the urban legend but as a boy falling in love with a girl.