Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast

This thread seems pretty quiet. Are there any good English manga forums out there?

Mighty Member

well there is reddit and i seen people want a pumpkin night anime along with Freak Island,Offal Island,and it's spin-off manga.

Extraordinary Member

Some interesting news.

Kadokawa's Monthly Dragon Age magazine recently released the first chapter of a series called Isekai Tensei Sha Goroshi - Cheat Slayer from Homura Kawamoto, writer of the manga Kakegurui, and Aki Yamaguchi. The premise of the series is that in a fantasy world with a team of people who have been reincarnated from a more mundane world, isekai protagonists basically, and they're all very clear expies of famous isekai characters like Kirito from Sword Art Online, Ainz from Overlord, Tanya from Saga of Tanya the Evil, Subaru from Re:Zero, Rimuru from That time I got reincarnated as a Slime and several other.

The series got cancelled after a single chapter.

The reason being that all these expies are actually vile people who use their god-given cheat abilities to cause havoc and use the fantasy setting to do whatever the hell they want while gaining the unearned reputation of being heroes. The series real protagonist is a fellow called Lute, who is native to the fantasy setting and whose village gets burned to the ground and he's left for dead by the evil expies. Lute is then saved by a witch who promises to help him kill the fake heroes by circumventing their cheat-abilities, expose them for the degenerates they are and ultimately kill them all.

Portraying even evil parody versions of so many beloved characters as horrible villains didn't go over well with a lot of people. So the series is cancelled, the writer and publisher have issued apologies. And I'm just thinking of all the times we've seen similarly evil expies of the Justice League, and especially Superman, with very few people making a fuss of it. It's just an interesting difference in terms of cultural reactions.

My friend talks about the latest Dragon Ball anime & manga developments -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

UQ Holder: Ok, so mini-Setsuna and mini-Konoka have been in cryo sleep for the final battle. Gonna be interesting to see how they do (I hope they're not the only ones that will fight Konoka and Setsuna).

Gengorou is a isekai protagonist weird reveal, but ok then.

Eva-Ialda starts off the final pretty strong by moving the largest of pluto's moons close to earth while trapping two thirds of the protagonists on pluto.

Mighty Member

I feel bad for manga creators who passed away this year and having Heath issues just wish currently active manga creators to stay safe,be healthly,and be careful

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I feel bad for manga creators who passed away this year and having Heath issues just wish currently active manga creators to stay safe,be healthly,and be careful
    Agreed. Fans should show some appreciation for the creators & their hard work.

Lets cheer them on!!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-02-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

After watching Beastars season 2, I bought volumes 12 and 13 on Comixology. I just wanted to read ahead and I thought they were great.

My friend reviews Overlord, a bit of an older anime but still relatively fresh -

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My friend reviews Overlord, a bit of an older anime but still relatively fresh -

Nice loos good

Nice loos good
    My YouTube buddy has turned me on to the show. I've only watched the first season thus far and I like it a great deal. Overlord turns the Isekai subgenre on its head subverting expectations in a good way. The guy isn't a teen but rather an adult and his character would be considered a villain in any other Isekai show (as would his allies). He does terrible things (kills hundreds in battle, for example) yet also shows surprising kindness at times (he saves a village when he doesn't have to and several individual characters when there is no benefit to him). Ains (his character) is the personification of an anti-hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My YouTube buddy has turned me on to the show. I've only watched the first season thus far and I like it a great deal. Overlord turns the Isekai subgenre on its head subverting expectations in a good way. The guy isn't a teen but rather an adult and his character would be considered a villain in any other Isekai show (as would his allies). He does terrible things (kills hundreds in battle, for example) yet also shows surprising kindness at times (he saves a village when he doesn't have to and several individual characters when there is no benefit to him). Ains (his character) is the personification of an anti-hero.
    Ehhh, I won't spoil you about the anime/LN spoilers:
    But Ainz's actions descend further into outright villainy once you get up to Season 3. So, enjoy his anti-heroic streak while it lasts.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-05-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Mia San Mia!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Fans should show some appreciation for the creators & their hard work.

Lets cheer them on!!!

Chairs mate

Mia San Mia!

Has anyone read this manga?

isekai-ojisan-5376.jpg

Mia San Mia!

any junji ito fans out there? Anyway was reading some toilet bound hanako kun bascially based on the urban legend but as a boy falling in love with a girl.
    I like Junji Ito stuff though I like his adaptation of Edogawa Ranpo's Short stories more than his stuff. But if you like horror and disturbing stuff I recommend you to read Hearing the Voices of the Dead is Good by Hiyodori Sachiko. It's like Creepypasta manga full of SCPs and Horror tropes.