Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The New Manga/Anime Lounge

Come here to discuss any miscellaneous anime or manga titles that you've watched/read.

So I need to ask, am I the only one watching Marvel Disk Wars?

Because you should all be watching Marvel Disk Wars.

Plus, No Game; No Life
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So I need to ask, am I the only one watching Marvel Disk Wars?

Because you should all be watching Marvel Disk Wars.

Plus, No Game; No Life
    It's that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It's that good?
    Marvel Disk Wars?

Well, it takes a premise you think is totally going to suck "The Avengers get trapped in pogs by Loki and it's up to five kids to use them and beat Loki" and manages to make it work decently.

Basically, Tony creates a new generation capture device for super-villains, DISKs. He throws a big party to announce this.

Loki hijacks the whole thing, makes every villains trapped at the Raft swear allegiance to him and puts them into DISKs. Then he traps all the heroes too. Except Spider-Man. 'cause he's awesome like that.

Because Loki and co. made sure to destroy all the ways in which to free the heroes from the disk, only five kids have the code installed in them to release them.

It takes the time to set its premise and the characterization is not bad.

Also, it has some fun moments. Like King Cobra trying to take on Thor which ends about as well as you can expect for King Cobra.

For a guy like me, who has been starved after the cancellation of Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth Mightiest Heroes, it is something welcome after Ultimate Spider-Man and Assemble.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-22-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Man, I used to love anime and manga so damn much, but after a while it became a chore to keep up with and follow so I stopped. My glory years were 2007-2010 when I consumed so much Naruto, FMA, and Bleach, which was fun but it certainly burnt me out and aside from Toonami I don't really spend much time with anime anymore, never mind manga.

My time with it was fun though, and I'll always have that.

Extraordinary Member

Caught up with Marvel Disk Wars.

It's not a very clever series. But it has a lot of heart and does the best it can with the given premise. There's lots of fun moments and pretty much everybody gets a chance to shine. But man, anime MODOK is really annoying.

Also, it is awesomely stupid to hear guys like Captain America and Iron man calling out their attacks in grand shounen fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Come here to discuss any miscellaneous anime or manga titles that you've watched/read.
    Cool thread Len.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Currently, Manga wise I'm... reading Weekly Shonen Jump every week. I dig its line up a lot. Only Naruto and Nisekoi are complete dogs IMO.

On the anime front... I've got a bit of a blu-ray backlog that's kind of embarrassing; Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Wolf Children, Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 2, Lupin III The Woman Fujiko Mine complete collection, and Serial Experiments Lain complete collection. I watched Berserk Golden Age Arc III the other day. Overall I thought the Berserk films were a pretty good origin story. But that's all the really are. They gotta make some more. I'm also starting to work through Serial Experiments Lain. Its one of those series I hear a lot of good things about, but I some how never got my hands on it. Three episode in... its quite... odd. In a good and enthralling way.

Default One Piece

Anyone reading one piece?

No, never heard of it.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I see. I thought this was going to be a fun series to read. I read the first twelve chapters. Oh well i will read further chapters.
    It's still a pretty good read, just really light on likeable characters. Natsuo is like Ryoma Echizen from Prince of Tennis if his arrogance was jacked up to 20 instead of the 12 it already was. Dialing it back to around that point would've made her come off a *lot* better.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Anyone reading one piece?
    I haven't read OP since Luffy, Nami, and Chopper got to Whole Cake Island. Probably gonna binge it in the next few days to catch up.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Any good anime taking place in Africa?

Any good anime taking place in Mongolia today or in the distant past?

Central Asian Cooking by Mori Kaoru

Otoyomegatari (A Bride's Story) by Mori Kaoru
    Those are just mangas? No anime?

No, no anime. I don't think so.
    Ok thanks.