Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The New Manga/Anime Lounge

Come here to discuss any miscellaneous anime or manga titles that you've watched/read.

So I need to ask, am I the only one watching Marvel Disk Wars?

Because you should all be watching Marvel Disk Wars.

Plus, No Game; No Life
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So I need to ask, am I the only one watching Marvel Disk Wars?

Because you should all be watching Marvel Disk Wars.

Plus, No Game; No Life
    It's that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It's that good?
    Marvel Disk Wars?

Well, it takes a premise you think is totally going to suck "The Avengers get trapped in pogs by Loki and it's up to five kids to use them and beat Loki" and manages to make it work decently.

Basically, Tony creates a new generation capture device for super-villains, DISKs. He throws a big party to announce this.

Loki hijacks the whole thing, makes every villains trapped at the Raft swear allegiance to him and puts them into DISKs. Then he traps all the heroes too. Except Spider-Man. 'cause he's awesome like that.

Because Loki and co. made sure to destroy all the ways in which to free the heroes from the disk, only five kids have the code installed in them to release them.

It takes the time to set its premise and the characterization is not bad.

Also, it has some fun moments. Like King Cobra trying to take on Thor which ends about as well as you can expect for King Cobra.

For a guy like me, who has been starved after the cancellation of Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth Mightiest Heroes, it is something welcome after Ultimate Spider-Man and Assemble.
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-22-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Man, I used to love anime and manga so damn much, but after a while it became a chore to keep up with and follow so I stopped. My glory years were 2007-2010 when I consumed so much Naruto, FMA, and Bleach, which was fun but it certainly burnt me out and aside from Toonami I don't really spend much time with anime anymore, never mind manga.

My time with it was fun though, and I'll always have that.
    Twitter - @BslyTheGamerGuy

Official Blog - Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com 4/14/15 & 4/15/2014 Dark Circle Comics: Looking Ahead at the Future....& Superman: Earth One v2 Graphic Novel Review!

Extraordinary Member

Caught up with Marvel Disk Wars.

It's not a very clever series. But it has a lot of heart and does the best it can with the given premise. There's lots of fun moments and pretty much everybody gets a chance to shine. But man, anime MODOK is really annoying.

Also, it is awesomely stupid to hear guys like Captain America and Iron man calling out their attacks in grand shounen fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Come here to discuss any miscellaneous anime or manga titles that you've watched/read.
    Cool thread Len.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Currently, Manga wise I'm... reading Weekly Shonen Jump every week. I dig its line up a lot. Only Naruto and Nisekoi are complete dogs IMO.

On the anime front... I've got a bit of a blu-ray backlog that's kind of embarrassing; Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Wolf Children, Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 2, Lupin III The Woman Fujiko Mine complete collection, and Serial Experiments Lain complete collection. I watched Berserk Golden Age Arc III the other day. Overall I thought the Berserk films were a pretty good origin story. But that's all the really are. They gotta make some more. I'm also starting to work through Serial Experiments Lain. Its one of those series I hear a lot of good things about, but I some how never got my hands on it. Three episode in... its quite... odd. In a good and enthralling way.

Default One Piece

Anyone reading one piece?
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

No, never heard of it.

BANNED

title: Tensei Kenja no Isekai Raifu ~Daini no Shokugyo wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~

translation: Life as a Reincarnated Sage in Another World ~Gaining a Second Profession and Becoming the Strongest in the World~

Summary:
    Sano Yuji, a black company employee, is summoned to another world while finishing his work at home. His profession in the other world, a Monster Tamer, is considered a job that makes it difficult to become an adventurer. However, thanks to some slimes he met, which read several magical books, he gained magical powers and the second profession, Sage.
    Yuji acquired overwhelming power, but is he conscience of his strength? Blindly becoming unparalleled and strongest in the world!

BANNED

Title: Koneko Hiroimashita

Translation: I Found a Kitten

Author: Yohachi

Artist: Yohachi

Description
    Atsuki Komiya is a college student who's living alone. Suddenly his sister visits and asks for a favor, which is to take care of his niece Kasane for two weeks.
    A story about the awkward relationship of these two, the confused Atsuki and the sullen Kasane, living together. Which direction will this story go…?

Title: Koneko Mata Hiroimashita

Translation: I Found Another Kitten

Description
    Sidestory to Koneko Hiroimashita.

Title: Can I Accept Your Proposal From All Those Years Ago

Description
    "When I grow up, I want to be Ikkun's bride!" Do you still remember the words you said that time? ―― The relationship between the narcassistic high school student Itsuki and an elementary school student is neighborly childhood friends. That young girl always seems to get in the way of Itsuki's obessessing over other girls! Those lighthearted days continued until Itsuki's graduation, ending when he moved out.

"Next time we meet, you will be surprised when I grow up to be a beautiful women!" These were the thoughts and feelings of a tearful child. Years later after Itsuki returned to his parents' home, his childhood friend grew up to be just his type of girl... and unbelievably she's also his student!? This isn't how it was supposed to go... ―― This is a clumsy and slapstick love story about two people.
    --
    During his youth, Usawa Itsuki often took care of Kameyama Yui, Itsuki's neighbor and several years his junior. When she was in elementary school, Yui declared she would become Itsuki's bride. Years pass, and when they meet again, Itsuki turns out to be a teacher at Yui's high school. Will their relationship develop into something more than just neighbors?

Title: Kuroi Sailor Fuku

Translation: Sailor suit is dyed in black...

Artist: Sano Takashi

Description
    The main character - Kokonose Touru - is a school girl who can not find her real self at home or at school. It is only when she is touched by a man that she can only feel "alive". A dangerous relationship with a strange man who is lost in the night city begins but how will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Nope, I haven't read it in ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I see. I thought this was going to be a fun series to read. I read the first twelve chapters. Oh well i will read further chapters.
    It's still a pretty good read, just really light on likeable characters. Natsuo is like Ryoma Echizen from Prince of Tennis if his arrogance was jacked up to 20 instead of the 12 it already was. Dialing it back to around that point would've made her come off a *lot* better.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    I haven't read OP since Luffy, Nami, and Chopper got to Whole Cake Island. Probably gonna binge it in the next few days to catch up.

BANNED

title: Sekai ka Kanojo ka Erabenai

translation: I cannot choose between the world or my girlfriend

Description
    One day, Kouki Nakagawa was determined to declare his love to Ayumi Fujisaki, his childhood friend. Suddenly, a mysterious girl appears before them and mentions that she is Kouki's girlfriend, leaving both perplexed. After trying to talk to Ayumi again, Kouki confesses his love to her; But Jindou, the mysterious girl, appears to warn Kouki that if he does not accept to be her boyfriend and does not forget Ayumi... the world will be destroyed!

title: Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome Desu

translation: This Makes My Second Otherworldly Summon

Description
    There was once a man who was summoned to another world, and saved it. Of course, he became too popular there, and turned into an isekai-normie. However, that man fell into a "trap", and was forcibly returned to his original world. Moreover, he had to start over as a baby!

This is the story of the way-too-fantastic ex-hero who lived as a gloomy high-schooler, as he gets summoned once again to that same other world in a very unexpected development!

title: Isekai wo Seigyo Mahou de Kirihirake!

translation: Carve the Another World by Controlling Magic

Description
    Evan Douglas despite being born in nobility, he was bullied by everyone in his family due to his low mana capacity and even more due to his black hair and eyes that does not run in the family.
    The only person who is kind to him is his maid Serafina from the wolf beastman race that is of similar age and he is later exiled from the family and Serafina follows him. But either by luck or fate, after suffering a hit in the head, Evan started having dreams of a place with extremely high-technology beyond anything he could imagine, in it he saw dolls being controlled by some strange magic and glowing windows with moving pictures. These dreams lead him to develop a new magic he calls control magic, that does not belong to any of the known elements. Now Evan with his new abilities goes adventuring with his maid Serafina.

Yumi & Kurumi

Yumi to Kurumi summary:
    Yumi is a shy and maybe a little awkward business woman who's unsatisfied with her work life. One day she finds a ragged stuffed doll on the side of the road. She names it Kurumi and decides to clean him up and finds herself forgetting about her problems and enjoying life again.

title: Sanju Mariko

translation: Mariko at 80

Description
    The manga centers on veteran novelist Mariko Kōda, who lives with the families of both her son and her grandson in one house. Feeling like she no longer has any place in her home, she decides to leave the house and strike out on her own, beginning with living in a manga cafe in the city. (from ANN)

Saraba, Yoki Hi

Saraba, Yoki Hi summary:
    "Newlyweds" Akira and Keiichi moved to a new place and are adjusting to their new lives. Akira works with kindergarteners while Keiichi is an editor.

BANNED

Tenshi to Akuto!!

Tenshi to Akuto!! final chapter is the Chapter 166 - The End

Description
    Standing above all and controlling the masses. That is the way of life I aspire to! Ikurumi Akuto is the top of his class in every subject, including sports, and he knows it. The son of a well-known politician, a degree of arrogance is to be expected. But Akuto takes it to a new extreme with his condescending and self-important attitude. The friends he may have had in his elementary years have long since left his side, and it does not help matters that his effeminate voice makes him a target of constant ridicule by his lower class schoolmates. Then Harusaka Nari enters his life, and Akutos controlling personality is thrown off kilter by the optimistic but manipulating young seiyuu. With his life on the line, he agrees to be a voice in her Anime Research Societys project for the upcoming Cultural Festival... as the female lead?!