So, one of my favorite "hard to explain" manga has gotten an official release in the U.S.
Attachment 103286
How to explain this so I can make the recommendation . . .

The manga I Guess I Became the Mother of the Great Demon King's 10 Children in Another World Is about more or less what it says on the tin. A 16-year old girl named Akari loses her mother in a traffic accident leaving her without any family. A year after the accident she finds a copy of a fantasy game her mother bought her. While holding the game, she wishes that she had a family again and that she could be as good a mother as her own mom someday. With that, she's summoned into the world of the game by the demon king Lord Gran. There, Akari is informed that she has been summoned to that world to bear the demon king's children. The reason being that they are at war with the human kingdom and a demon in the demon king's bloodline can take down 10,000 humans. After initially rejecting the idea she finds out that the demons' situation and their reasoning is a bit more complex than she thought and actually agrees. Thus, she starts down the road to motherhood. It's only a little later that she finds out that according to military projections, they're going to need her to have 10 kids.

So . . . yeah. It's about a 16 year old who keeps having babies. Sounds less like a premise and more like a major social issue. And before someone floats this idea, teen parenthood is not one of those things that's okay in Japan. They may even take a more dim view of it than Westerners do. So, how do they make a manga with a "red flag" premise work? They play up the video-gameyness of it all. When Akari does get pregnant (she's had four children so far in the scanlations) it's never because of actual sex but because of some kind of magical plot device. And then it only lasts a minute before she somehow births an egg that looks like it's far too big to have ever been inside of her. The end result feels like some odd combination of reality and any video game where children can be produced (think The Sims, Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, etc). That underlying absurdity keeps the reality of what that premise means a bit further away. There's also more details about the world that come up and questions about whether Akari and Gran's children will end the world or save it. It's maybe not an A+ manga but it's got a certain charm and warmth along with the aforementioned video game silliness. Plus, the demon babies are cute.