Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 1055
  1. #241
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    Just one thing, My Hero Academia people.

    It's in the page.

    Also, first volume sold over 300k. It bodes well for the future.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

  2. #242

  3. #243
    The Beautiful Night Melchior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Monster Eye
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Kill la Kill is airing on Toonami next month

    My, what a long way we've come
    Ha! I remember when the people running Toonami shelled out their own cash to do the digital bikinis so they could show Tenchi.... and now Kill la Kill? Wow.
    ---

    Sincerely,

    Melchior, the Geddon Knight

  4. #244
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,231

    Default

    Oh, good! An anime thread! Cool!

    Anyhoo, watched the first seven episodes of The Devil is a Part-Timer Friday night. What a wild and crazy show that is, and easily the funniest anime I've watched in quite a long time.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Kill la Kill is airing on Toonami next month

    My, what a long way we've come
    Oh my god, now I remember the reason why I always watched subbed instead of dubbed. It just sounds so weird when they speak english and then comes random japanese name. It just sounds so wrong.

  6. #246
    Astonishing Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Oh my god, now I remember the reason why I always watched subbed instead of dubbed. It just sounds so weird when they speak english and then comes random japanese name. It just sounds so wrong.
    HA! I've transitioned to subs these past few years and last night I re-watched the Cowboy Bebop Movie and even though I love the voice actors it still sounded strange.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

  7. #247

    Default

    Just finished watching Gurren Lagann and it was awesome. But I wasn't prepared for that tsunami of feels during the ending ;_; and I don't know how to deal with it. This is horrible. I guess the only solution is to watch more anime.

    I already have Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo on the list

    but do any of you guys and gals know any animes that make you feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside. I need something to cheer me up a bit.

  8. #248
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Did not even Know Toonami still existed given how much CN hates action cartoons.

    Yeah Gurren Lagann was surprisingly real for such a wacky concept

  9. #249
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Kill la Kill is airing on Toonami next month

    My, what a long way we've come
    Awesome news. I've been trying to get a coworker of mine to check out Kill La Kill. I expect some heavy censoring though.

  10. #250
    Fantastic Member Reverse Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Just finished watching Gurren Lagann and it was awesome. But I wasn't prepared for that tsunami of feels during the ending ;_; and I don't know how to deal with it. This is horrible. I guess the only solution is to watch more anime.

    I already have Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo on the list

    but do any of you guys and gals know any animes that make you feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside. I need something to cheer me up a bit.
    Kill la Kill happens to be from Gurren Lagann's creators and, uh, sort of qualifies. (Okay, not really, but it has its moments.)

    Ouran High School Host Club. Idolmaster (2011). Aquarion Evol.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 01-18-2015 at 04:16 PM.

  11. #251
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    A new season begins and there are new anime to watch.

    Assassination Classroom is really nailing it with the anime adaptation so far.

    The second season of Aldnoah.Zero has started which is more of a mixed back, but the Tharis is a fine looking robots so there's that.


    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Did not even Know Toonami still existed given how much CN hates action cartoons.

    Yeah Gurren Lagann was surprisingly real for such a wacky concept
    It's on Adult swim now.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

  12. #252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Kill la Kill happens to be from Gurren Lagann's creators and, uh, sort of qualifies. (Okay, not really, but it has its moments.)

    Ouran High School Host Club. Idolmaster (2011). Aquarion Evol.
    I've already watched Kill La Kill and yes, it does have it's moments. but I'm gonna check out those series you recommended. Are any of them available on Crunchyroll or other legal websites?

    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in a corner because Simon and Nia will never live together happily ever after. JUST LIKE GUTS AND CASCA! ;_;
    Last edited by Blastermaster; 01-19-2015 at 11:47 AM.

  13. #253
    Junior Member ceroxide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Aguadilla
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    I've already watched Kill La Kill and yes, it does have it's moments. but I'm gonna check out those series you recommended. Are any of them available on Crunchyroll or other legal websites?

    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in a corner because Simon and Nia will never live together happily ever after. JUST LIKE GUTS AND CASCA! ;_;
    you could always try the Re Cutey Honey, Little Witch Academia, and/or Aim for the Top Diebuster 2. They're all made by the same team that made Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill so they have that crazy style of animation and overly ridiculous characters

    and since you like Kill La Kill you might like other Magical Girl shows like Madoka

    there's also other mecha anime that are really cool. If you liked Gurren Lagann then without a doubt you should check out the original New Getter Robo, you might think it's WAY too much like Gurren but the truth is that the guys that made GL are huge fans of Go Nagai and Getter Robo hence why every aspect of GL story and characters appear in some shape or form in the different GR series

  14. #254
    Astonishing Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Just finished watching Gurren Lagann and it was awesome. But I wasn't prepared for that tsunami of feels during the ending ;_; and I don't know how to deal with it. This is horrible. I guess the only solution is to watch more anime.

    I already have Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo on the list

    but do any of you guys and gals know any animes that make you feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside. I need something to cheer me up a bit.
    Assassination Classroom has been that warm and fuzzy for me. It's weird and funny and leaves a smile on my face after watching it.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

  15. #255
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    IJUST LIKE GUTS AND CASCA! ;_;
    Technically, that story isn't really over; so really who knows? They just might end up being happy.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •