Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

UQ Holder 65

So plot twists and details from the aborted arc of Negima are definitely rearing up in UQ Holder. Depending on whatever timeline we're dealing with here, the Lifemaker is definitely a thing still despite Negi's best efforts.

Also, looking at what I imagine is probably the "true" form of the Mage of the Beginning, which we saw a little bit of in a Negima flashback, I have to wonder if the Lifemaker is Asuna's predecessor Amateru. I think history recorded Amateru as the founder of Asuna's royal bloodline and the daughter of the Mage of the Beginning, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of that history was muddled a bit and the Lifemaker could straight up be her. The resemblance is uncanny.

The creators of Naruto and Blade of the Immortal have a chat:
    https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2015...himoto-naruto/
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Technically, that story isn't really over; so really who knows? They just might end up being happy.
    oh, please everyone know it's only a matter of time until Muira OD's on Idolmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The creators of Naruto and Blade of the Immortal have a chat:
    https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2015...himoto-naruto/
    Gah, I want to read the whole thing, but I don't want spoilers for BotI. Guess I have to borrow all of the books from the library and read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Idolmaster's on CR. Looks like Ouran is on Funimation's Youtube (subs) or Hulu (subs/dubs). Evol subs are also on Hulu.
    We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States
    Haha! Hola unblocker, I choose youuu!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder 65

So plot twists and details from the aborted arc of Negima are definitely rearing up in UQ Holder. Depending on whatever timeline we're dealing with here, the Lifemaker is definitely a thing still despite Negi's best efforts.
    A short chapter but definately packed with stuff. The idea of a Fate and Evangeline team up is rather fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Also, looking at what I imagine is probably the "true" form of the Mage of the Beginning, which we saw a little bit of in a Negima flashback, I have to wonder if the Lifemaker is Asuna's predecessor Amateru. I think history recorded Amateru as the founder of Asuna's royal bloodline and the daughter of the Mage of the Beginning, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of that history was muddled a bit and the Lifemaker could straight up be her. The resemblance is uncanny.
    It could also just be that the Life-Maker has taken over that body. But at this point most things are speculation since we know so little about the Life-Maker.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Since I've been into reviewing more manga lately, I've up my increase in reading manga. My next series I'm going to read and review is All My Darling Daughters, by Fumi Yoshinaga. You know, the writer/artist behind Antique Bakery and Ooku: The Inner Chambers. Yes, those and also this particular series are Josei, but heck with that, I'm going to read and enjoy!

Anyone else read anything from Fumi Yoshinaga? If so, what and what did you think?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    A short chapter but definately packed with stuff. The idea of a Fate and Evangeline team up is rather fun.

It could also just be that the Life-Maker has taken over that body. But at this point most things are speculation since we know so little about the Life-Maker.
    Possible, though that is the body seen by Primum during his original time, and the Lifemaker's body was Zecht by the time of the 2nd, so that means its the earliest body we've seen the Lifemaker have, and the only one he's gone back to.

Moreover, since that was like some kind of spirit/mind world they were seeing, I'm working on the idea that what they saw of the Lifemaker was his essence and not his current physical body.

I just finished 20th Century Boys.
    How is it possible to make such a powerful tale? I feel like my whole life has changed. 11/10
    I already read Monster, are there any other good manga written by this guy? Half his bibliography looks like romantic comedies lol, which isn't my thing

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    I just finished 20th Century Boys.
    How is it possible to make such a powerful tale? I feel like my whole life has changed. 11/10
    I already read Monster, are there any other good manga written by this guy? Half his bibliography looks like romantic comedies lol, which isn't my thing
    Naoki Urasawa really hasn't written any romantic comedies (his first series, Yawara is probably the closest, but it's a sports tale). Anyhow, what I would recommend:

Master Keaton: It's finally getting released over here in America. Urasawa didn't write this series (At least the original run), but he did draw it. So if you like your art and a bit of adventure and history, this would be good.

Pluto: It's the retelling of The Greatest Robot on Earth story arc from Astro Boy, focusing on one of the other robots and telling the story as a detective tale, where the main character is trying to figure out who has been killing off some of the most powerful robots in the world. Fantastic stuff and only 8 volumes!

Happy!: Not here in America (so scans for you), but it's a pretty solid story. It's about a woman who has to use her skills as a tennis player to become a professional tennis star in order to pay off the massive amount of debt her brother has to the Yakuza, otherwise she is forced into prostitution. Rather dark and soul crushing at points, considering how much verbal abuse she gets from people, the unending amount of jackasses in her life that try to make her miserable (whether she knows it or not), and the pure hatred from the tennis watching community who thinks she is an awful person. However, her attitude and strength through all of this trouble is extremely admirable and makes her such a great character, worth watching and reading about to see if she can succeed.

Billy Bat: Also not available in America (but should be), this is a rather interesting one. A massive conspiracy that spans the centuries that a Japanese cartoonist from the 1940's ends up being wrapped in, all because the Billy Bat comic book character he thought he created seems to be all tied up in this mess. I've only read two chapters, but I heard a bit about the plot from other places. Sounds great, though I'm holding out for an eventual English release.

Default Gintama 524-526

Gintama Anime is back April!!!!!!!!

I was so happy..... then I read the chapters.

It was sad and bleak, I thought it was going to be a hopeful ending to the arc. But it wasn't, I am just deprssed right now. spoilers:
    Kondou can't be dead, with the shinsengumi disbanded and a new shogun everything will change.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-24-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Is anyone following Tokyo Ghoul: Re? I love most of the new characters, especially Saiko. Juuzou is still the best character, though, even if they've really changed her. With Naruto gone, this is the weekly I look forward to most. How is season 2 of the anime? I heard they deviated from the manga, was that a good decision or no?

Also, do you guys enjoy Tower Of God, a Korean web comic? It is drawn essentially like a manga, and has a weekly release. I love it, it really reminds me of Hunter X Hunter's style, very detail oriented fights and puzzles. The recent chapters have really been revving up the action, the Bamm Vs Yura Hu fights have been insane.

Is anyone else watching Maria the Virgin Witch on hulu?

I really like it. It's about this young witch who is trying to prevent war between the english and the french, and apparently the archangels are upset with her for interfering.

Kill La Kill English Dub is coming to ToonAmi.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

Wonder if there's anything vampire-related that I haven't seen yet, after Vampire Knight and Rosario + Vampire ended their runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen_Rider View Post
    Wonder if there's anything vampire-related that I haven't seen yet, after Vampire Knight and Rosario + Vampire ended their runs.
    Seraph of the End is getting an anime I hear (Viz currently has the license to release the manga). It involves vampires and I do recall it being decent.

BANNED

oh those both ended, I stopped mid run for both. Maybe I will finish them in a weekend.