Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Being stupid is part of the fun in Valvrave
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

Selector Infected WiXoss 8:

Seems like Yuzuki has managed to pull off whatever unfair conditions the game forces on you and get her wish. Squickyness approaching.

Meanwhile Ruko and Hitoe are descending further into confusion and despair.

Then, PLOT-TWIST!

This anime continues to be absolutely engaging and terrifying.

It's like Madoka with YGO .

I watched the first couple of episodes, but I decided to let it build. Are they getting stabby stabby with each other like in the previews yet?

Recently started Vagabond and Vinland Saga and waiting on Pluto vol.1 that I ordered, Pluto piqued my interest after Fred van Lente said that Urasawa would be his dream artist to work with. Vagabond is pretty awesome and Vinland Saga is good so far. I'm a sucker for Anthologies and I also love his art style so I bought both Ohikkoshi and Emerald by Hiroaki Samura, Ohikkoshi was pretty good and the first parts of Emerald are good.

I also ordered King Of Wolves by Buronson and Kentaro Miura, but I recently got an Email saying that the package was water damaged during shipping and got a re-fund.

Also reading a Manhua called Songs of the Long March, it's entertaining, nothing spectacular but enjoyable.

On the Anime side of things I have been catching up on some One Piece, although I far behind as I started from the beginning and I'm about halfway through Kill La Kill, which is pretty good.

Extraordinary Member

Nanatsu no Taizai 78:

Epic fighting and dire plot twists!

I kinda guessed what Ban's mission would be when the voice told him they needed a favour. This is going to complicate things quite a lot.

I keep being surprised by how powerful Gilthunder is. He's actually duking out evenly with a serious Meliodas who's weilding a proper sword. And now the demon powers come out

This series is SO good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Miracles View Post
    It's like Madoka with YGO .

I watched the first couple of episodes, but I decided to let it build. Are they getting stabby stabby with each other like in the previews yet?
    One of them tried to stab two others in the latest episode, yes.

Marvel Disk Wars is a lot more fun than it has any right to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Nanatsu no Taizai 78:

Epic fighting and dire plot twists!

I kinda guessed what Ban's mission would be when the voice told him they needed a favour. This is going to complicate things quite a lot.

I keep being surprised by how powerful Gilthunder is. He's actually duking out evenly with a serious Meliodas who's weilding a proper sword. And now the demon powers come out

This series is SO good.
    Which makes me wonder if Ban is actually going to consider it and possibly leave the group(probably to go find his Sacred Treasure before he has his showdown with Meliodas) or if he'll outright dismiss Goddess' request. And yeah, Gilthunder is doing pretty well with keeping pace with Meliodas the way he has and I like the new techniques he's displayed in this chapter. I'm also curious about Arthur since Hendricksen said that neither one of them have been taking their fight seriously at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Marvel Disk Wars is a lot more fun than it has any right to be.
    Huzzah! Another convert.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Which makes me wonder if Ban is actually going to consider it and possibly leave the group(probably to go find his Sacred Treasure before he has his showdown with Meliodas) or if he'll outright dismiss Goddess' request. And yeah, Gilthunder is doing pretty well with keeping pace with Meliodas the way he has and I like the new techniques he's displayed in this chapter. I'm also curious about Arthur since Hendricksen said that neither one of them have been taking their fight seriously at all.
    I am actually at loss at what Ban will decide to do. This is a very defining moment for him.

This isn't the first time Hendricksen mentioned how Arthur's been holding back. He assume the kid has some special ability that he hasn't shown yet for some reason. I'm kinda expecting something terribly broken.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

FYI, Nanatsu has its own thread too, albeit on Comm.

Looking to get into some anime maybe. I've seen some of the Ghibli films, Death Note and some of the shows that were succesful here in the west (Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, some DragonBall Z). Was thinking I'd start out easy and familiar with DragonBall GT, it looks less angsty and more fun/adventurous than the Z series. Another option is Gundam Wing perhaps, it always kind of intrigued me as a kid seeing it on Toonami. Those should be good entry points right? They're also accessible (YouTube/CrunchyRoll) and not toooo long. If anyone here has a better idea though, feel free to suggest some!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Looking to get into some anime maybe. I've seen some of the Ghibli films, Death Note and some of the shows that were succesful here in the west (Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, some DragonBall Z). Was thinking I'd start out easy and familiar with DragonBall GT, it looks less angsty and more fun/adventurous than the Z series. Another option is Gundam Wing perhaps, it always kind of intrigued me as a kid seeing it on Toonami. Those should be good entry points right? They're also accessible (YouTube/CrunchyRoll) and not toooo long. If anyone here has a better idea though, feel free to suggest some!
    Never bother with GT. It's not worth it.

Gundam Wing, however, is a good entry point into the Gundam franchise and was rather successful in the West so there's no harm in trying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Never bother with GT. It's not worth it.

Gundam Wing, however, is a good entry point into the Gundam franchise and was rather successful in the West so there's no harm in trying that.
    That bad? I kinda like the style of the opening tune and the way it looked. But ok, Gundam Wing it will be, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    waiting on Pluto vol.1 that I ordered, Pluto piqued my interest after Fred van Lente said that Urasawa would be his dream artist to work with.
    Urasawa is amazing. I was really impressed with what he did with Pluto, seeing as it was based off a storyline of Astro Boy (Tetsuwan Atom). But I would have never of guessed it when I first picked it up, even though I had read the original story.

I would highly recommend his other series, Monster and 20th Century Boys, if you like Pluto.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Marvel Disk Wars

It took 8 episodes but hearing that "Avengers Assemble!" was worth it.

Also, Jessica is awesome.

And some nice development for Tony. I liked his flashback and how the whole party was his idea so his partner could look good in front of his kids. No wonder he feels responsible.