Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Anyone here read Genshiken: Nidaime?
    Favorite characters: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Ozymandias, The Riddler, Hellboy, Renee Montoya.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheObsessor View Post
    Anyone here read Genshiken: Nidaime?
    Only read a bit of the first series.

Also, new Jump Start series just debuted this week. It's Black Clover from the creator of something called Hungry Joker. Not too bad, better than Kagamigami from last week, though it's rather familiar. If you have read Naruto, you'll start noticing a lot of similar parallels between the two. Here's my review for more details.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Finished reading and reviewing the latest volumes of World Trigger and Food Wars! Are you guys reading these series? It's amazing how World Trigger did an turn around from being so average and generic, to something I'm just engrossed in. Then Food Wars is just wonderful from start to finish.
    Love Food Wars (aka Shokugeki no Soma). I even tried one of the recipes out of it. The one that's a frittata crossed with a salad. But I like cooking anyway. Also, I tend to read manga about stuff that I don't see much in American comics (detective stories, cooking, making manga, etc). Though I know people will likely focus on the cooking battles in this series, I think my favorite part is Soma's camaraderie with the other passionate misfits and weirdos at the Polaris Dorm. There's a guy who built his own smokehouse, a girl who raises her own game and a shy girl who's fantastic at creating comforting food. I love reading about passionate people.

Man, Gundam Build Fighters Try is not as fun as its prequel.

I really want Sekai to lose but that's not happening.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Today I discovered that Kanojo ni Naru Hi came back with more chapters after ending in chapter 5. It was a good day.

The story's a sweet shoujo romcom about a guy whose childhood friend/rival turns into a girl, and how they adjust. (In their world, this phenomenon maintains the species M:F ratio, but is rarer after childhood.)

There's also a spinoff, which I should check out sometime.

i want to start watching Saint Seiya and they have Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter on netflix and i was wondering can i jump right in or do i have to start from the beginning to enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    i want to start watching Saint Seiya and they have Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter on netflix and i was wondering can i jump right in or do i have to start from the beginning to enjoy it?
    You will be lost since you won't understand a large part of the cosmology and won't know who everyone is.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Just watched Gundam: The Origin

The first sequence with the space battle was cool.

Kid Sayla was adorable.

Kid Char was badass.

Hamon was damn badass.

Kycilia is a shotacon.

Dozle is obviously too good for the Zabi.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So the first of 3 one shots related to the new Dragonball Z movie was translated, and it answers some questions I'm sure lots of people had concerning Freeza's resurrection.

*So the amount of time that has passed *is* brought up by Shen Long, and he can only bring Freeza back in the pieces that Trunks cut and blasted him into. But it turns out Freeza can be alive while in pieces, so they have him do it anyway and Sorbet then has Freeza reconstructed with their new technology

*Freeza actually comes back *weaker* from lack of doing anything, not stronger. And he's already off world when he actually wakes up from the reconstruction, so he doesn't go for revenge right away. He actually decides to train first.

*Turns out Freeza never trained a day in his life due to natural talent/prodigy. So his plan is to actually train and draw out his true potential. So I guess the idea here is that if Freeza actually put effort into his own development, he can equal or surpass super saiyans.

Fun fact learned: Freeza knew who Majin Buu was. Apparently his Dad told him to never **** with 2 people in the universe: Beerus and Majin Buu. He anticipated Goku would be even stronger now, but didn't quite anticipate that he'd go far enough to surpass Majin Buu. He thinks it makes trying to surpass Goku more interesting though.

Highly likely legit:

Frieza goes Super Saiyan.

Goku gets his ass kicked.

Could this be Vegeta's Big Break?

Edit:

Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=u0bArxJtSnM
    Last edited by Hazard; 03-02-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm still wanting when Gohan will get another shot at superstardom. Everything he built up with Cell was torn down with the Buu saga.

And yeah, it would be great if Vegeta could be more than a warm-up/temporary sub while Goku refuels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...o-new-episodes

Well that's some cool news. I enjoyed the Arise series and it's neat to see that they're adding two more episodes that will also tie them to the movie that comes out in the summer. April is shaping up to be very exciting.
    I thought SAC was painfully mediocre. Is this better?

UQ Holder 71:

Touta is no match for his mystery attacker even with ME, because her blade is an artifact replicating Asuna's sword.

So Touta is confirmed as a copy of Negi, and Negi apparently couldn't have kids period. It's implied there are probably several copies of varying quality around; in particular the mystery woman kinda talks as if she's one, referring to him as grandfather and all that.

Cavalry to the rescue.

Who wants to bet that every copy of Negi we see in this manga will be a different genetic mix of Negi and a 3A class member?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder 71:

Touta is no match for his mystery attacker even with ME, because her blade is an artifact replicating Asuna's sword.

So Touta is confirmed as a copy of Negi, and Negi apparently couldn't have kids period. It's implied there are probably several copies of varying quality around; in particular the mystery woman kinda talks as if she's one, referring to him as grandfather and all that.

Cavalry to the rescue.

Who wants to bet that every copy of Negi we see in this manga will be a different genetic mix of Negi and a 3A class member?
    Possible which could mean that Touta is a mix of Negi and Konoka's DNA, Konoe name and all that.

Makes me interested in who Touta's parents are. Some kind of magic scientists I'm thinking.

And I do love big damn hero moments where the support cast gets to save the main character's ass.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 03-09-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Possible which couldmeans that Touta is a mix of Negi and Konoka's DNA, Konoe name and all that.

Makes me interested in who Touta's parents are. Some kind of magic scientists I'm thinking.

And I do love big damn hero moments where the support cast gets to save the main character's ass.
    Yeah, and if there's one running around that is a mix of Negi and Ku Fei's, that could be Chao's ancestor.