Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Anyone watching No Game No Life? I wasn't sure what I was going to get out of the gate, but by the end of the first episode I was hooked and as episode 2 amped up the absurdity, I knew there was no looking back.

Really funny show.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 06-09-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Marvel Disk Wars

Tony and Akira bond at swordpoint!

I was not expecting the show to acknowledge super-villain controls a large part of a country from the shadows. Much less for the heroes to go an negotiate a truce.

And shame to see Spider-Man go for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Anyone watching No Game No Life? I wasn't sure what I was going to get out of the gate, but by the end of the first episode I was hooked and as episode 2 amped up the absurdity, I knew there was no looking back.

Really funny show.
    I am. Pretty funny at times and the some of the games are pretty creative.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Marvel Disk Wars

Beta Ray Bill Appears!

As a toy.

Oh well, at least they remembered him. Nice breather episode I guess.

Next time! Hulk vs Juggernaut! It's going to be awesome!

Attack on Titan

Damn, Levi was all kinds of badass this chapter.

Hunter x Hunter

It's nice to see chapters of this again.

And Leorio is back!
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Hunter x Hunter is back and i almost cried.
    I don't really understand what is going on there are too many words trying to explain the dark continent. It's confusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Hunter x Hunter is back and i almost cried.
    I don't really understand what is going on there are too many words trying to explain the dark continent. It's confusing me.
    In plain terms, there is a giant world outside of their little world.

Adventure and riches call!

Everyone wants to get there first.

Only with more words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    In plain terms, there is a giant world outside of their little world.

Adventure and riches call!

Everyone wants to get there first.

Only with more words.
    Thanks for the explanation, it was just that there were so many words and explanations. Like Ging's motivations, the zodiacs reasons and why they should go, and that the dark continent is dangerous. All the politics around getting there is interesting, but there is a lot going on for me i will re-read the chapters to get a better understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post

Really funny show.
    I only just heard about it after seeing the Manga solicited by Seven Seas...... Gotta watch this show.

Watched the first 8 eps of Break Blade TV, not bad story, beautiful animation worth following IMO.

So most people here probably aren't watching Pokemon XY but...

Mega Lucario destroyed Pikachu.

Like, I thought he was going to literally rip his tail off for a second there.

Serious stomp.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

I just realized the Book board is gone too, leaving me no place to vent about the Hunger Games trilogy.

spoilers:
    Or just the ending, which sat down and took a long, dark **** in my soul after two enjoyable prequels. I somewhat regret spending my recent free time on the series now just to feel bad at the end. One Animorphs was bad enough.

Forget catching up with the Game of Thrones season; I need something to cheer me up. Perhaps some Chuunibyou, I haven't watched that yet.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

I am currently watching Candy Candy the anime after reading the manga. I love the series. Both the anime and manga were made in the 70's.

Amazing Member

I'm looking into starting to collect some manga, Attack on Titan got me back into Anime/Manga after a few years away. I'm looking into box sets of Death Note, DB/DBZ, one piece, bleach and speed racer, and going to start attack on Titan in manga along with gundam origin and then possibly pick up High School of The dead in the two color omnibus, would love some suggestions of other series to rea though. I've heard good thins about Bakuman and see a box set for it but what is that about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, it was just that there were so many words and explanations. Like Ging's motivations, the zodiacs reasons and why they should go, and that the dark continent is dangerous. All the politics around getting there is interesting, but there is a lot going on for me i will re-read the chapters to get a better understanding.
    So they dont mean dark continent in a racist way then?

I have been meaning to get into Hunter X Hunter but I am lazy so have not had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I'm looking into starting to collect some manga, Attack on Titan got me back into Anime/Manga after a few years away. I'm looking into box sets of Death Note, DB/DBZ, one piece, bleach and speed racer, and going to start attack on Titan in manga along with gundam origin and then possibly pick up High School of The dead in the two color omnibus, would love some suggestions of other series to rea though. I've heard good thins about Bakuman and see a box set for it but what is that about?
    Bakuman is a manga about making manga.

No joke.

It is the story of two high school students who decide to become mangaka and narrates their struggles to reach that goal. It's really informative as to the manga business. Pretty good.

It can also be seen as a romanticized retelling of the creation of Death Note given who it's made by the authors.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    So they dont mean dark continent in a racist way then?

I have been meaning to get into Hunter X Hunter but I am lazy so have not had a chance.
    The Dark Continent is not actually a racist term, real life included.

It's called dark because it's mysterious and unknown.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Bakuman is a manga about making manga.

No joke.

It is the story of two high school students who decide to become mangaka and narrates their struggles to reach that goal. It's really informative as to the manga business. Pretty good.

It can also be seen as a romanticized retelling of the creation of Death Note given who it's made by.
    Thanks, that actually sounds pretty good, I'll pick up the box set soon

Watched the first 8 eps of Sidonia no Kishi (Knights of Sidonia) and completely hooked. Giant mecha,

spoilers:
    space fleet, post humanism, conspiracy, gender boggle, greed
    end of spoilers